Pregnancy 18-24 Community
5 weeks pregnant, bleeding and cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

5 weeks pregnant, bleeding and cramps

I am 27 years, and im 5 weeks pregnant, my first time. There are more than one week i have low abdominal cramps, and today the cramps are very strong and i am bleeding as it was a period. I went to the midwife she said they could not check me out till friday ( i have to wait other 2 days) when i have the meeting with the doctor. I am heavily bleeding like a period,,,she said could be a miscarriage. Why does this happen? Can it happen from being too stressed? Or is it normal to bleed in the first weeks? To mention it is not spoting, it is like a period alot of blood and horrible cramps. I have to wait till friday...is it dangerous if it is a miscarriage going on?
I forgot to mention that after sex i took morning after pill but again got pregnant. I was reading the signs that i have like strong abdominal pains and intense vaginal bleeding care signs of ectopic pregnancy caused by morning after pill. I hope God it is not ectopic pregnancy because it can risk my life and never become a mother.
I am so stressed that i can not do anything.
stressing will not cause you to have a miscarriage.

bleeding does occur with early pregnancy, and some people bleed all throughout their pregnancy. cramping is normal because your uterus is getting ready for the baby. however, if you are having a flow like a period with bright red blood, i would suggest going to the er asap! they can do blood tests on you and a sono and tell you right away if you have lost the baby or not. keep us updated and let us know what happens. keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for the best. if you ever need to talk feel free to private message me :)
i had bleeding and cramps with this pregnancy and i'm 29 1/2 wks now and baby is fine. at best, you have a threatened miscarriage, at worst an ectopic pregnancy. i've had both. with an ectopic, the pain will be localised to the area where your fallopian tube is. you should have received immediate medical attention. go to er.