Pregnancy 18-24 Community
6-8 weeks and no heartbeat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

6-8 weeks and no heartbeat

I am now what I believe to be 6-8 weeks pregnant. I had a MC the beginning of June, and had a negative test the first of July. On the 7th of July I had a positive. When I went to a dr they originally told me the hormone levels were left from the MC, so I waited a few weeks and went to a different dr. They told me I was pregnant and tried to go off the middle to early June for DOC. Friday I went to another dr who did an U/S and couldn't find a heartbeat and my hormone levels had dropped 300 since the last test several weeks ago. They then told me that I was going to mc and I needed to schedule a D&C, refusing to do another U/S or blood work. Has anyone had this happen? I'm having a hard time believing that this is just it. I feel like my hormones are out of whack because of the mc in June, and that there's a possibility there is a heartbeat it's just too early. Should I get another opinion? If the fetus isn't developing anymore, how long should I wait to do a D&C? Is it normal procedure to jump to the conclusion that there's no heartbeat and there's no other explanation besides the baby's not developing anymore? I feel like I'm still pregnant and so is the baby, what am I supposed to do? Thank you for your time.
  • 6 weeks pregnant! (5 replies):
    I had a ultrasound on Tuesday, Aug 4th and I was told th...[more]
  • 7 wks no heartbeat (6 replies):
    hi im 22, on friday 18th April i found out i was pregnan...[more]
  • heart beat (5 replies):
    i'm 9weeks and 1 day pregnant.i had 2 miscarriages befor...[more]
  • Doctor (6 replies):
    Is there suposed to be a heartbeat by the 7th week of pr...[more]
  • pregnancy (3 replies):
    if a fetal heartbeat is not dected at 6 weeks, is the ch...[more]
Did you get a response from this post?  I am in the same situation.  I am definitely 6 weeks 6 days to 7 weeks 1 days based on ovulation.  I went in today for my second u/s and didn't see a heartbeat.  My Dr. says to expect a mc but I have seen alot of posts that the Dr.s are wrong sometimes?  I hope you progressed to a viable pregnancy and if not I am very sorry.
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday at the Drs.  I am about 7 wks and 2 days and he told me he did'nt find a heartbeat, that their was no baby!  Then I talked to a friend of my husbands ( wife) and she had the same dr. tell her the same thing when she was 10 wks and now she is 18 wks and doing fine!  So yeah I think Drs. are wrong alot.  I am like you though I hope and pray that everything is ok.  I probably want find out about mine for another week.
Hello, I went for my first ultrasound on the 21st of Jan measuring at 6 weeks and 3 days - no heart beat!  I was devastated!  They sent a result to my dr stating that it was somewhat unusual not to have heartbeat  at that point which raises the possibility of early pregnancy failure.  My dr. was reassuring though and told me not to worry.  The following week, the 28th, they were able to find a normal heartbeat.  Thank goodness.  There's hope, ladies!  Don't worry!  Keep us posted!
I've been on a scan 3 days ago they said i was around 6 weeks pregnant, the doctor saw babys heart and everything was fine, then the next day i started spotting brown blood and went straight for another scan, then they told me theres no heartbeat and the baby stopped growing. They told me to come back in one week, i am so worried i dont know if there is still hope or not :'( Please reply if you had similar thing happen to you...

Many Thanks
I'm 7weeks pregnant and experiencing blood just like menstruation.  I also have small cramps just like menstruation.  I went to the hospital yesterday.  The doctor can't tell me 100% what it is if it's a miscarriage or not.  She did a sonar but couldn't see the baby so she had to do a internal sonar.  There she saw the sack with the baby (fetus).  She asked me then how I now I'm 7weeks pregnant.  I told her that I did a blood test.  She told me then that the baby (fetus) look very small.  I couldn't see the screen (I wish I could).  She looked for a heartbeat bu couldn't find any.  She said it could be the fetus is not alive or that the baby is too small.  I asked her then if it's possible to have menstruation during pregnancy but she told me straight forward NO.  Then afterwards I spoke to other's and the one told me that she had bleeding with all 3 her children and they're all healthy children.  My friend had bleeding while she was pregnant with her first child and her daughter is now a healthy, clever 5year old girl.  Her daughter is very small for her age but still she is normal.  
I even read on the internet that they say you can't tell 100% that this is how your pregnancy should be and this is how it mustn't be.  So how could that doctor have told me straight forward NO when I asked her about menstruation during pregnancy???
I must do a blood test tomorrow and the Wednesday again to check if everything is ok.
Can anyone give me advise.
The "no heart bead" is bothering me?  Can it be of the baby too small?
Hi people.
I'm sitting here today all heart broken.  I had a miscarriage late Sunday night.  
Even though it was just a fetus; for me it was a baby.  
The heavy blood and pain was a miscarriage and not just normal menstruation bleeding.  
Strong's for all the woman out there that is going through the same trouble as I did.
Just keep your faith in God and He will help you.
Don't give up hope and try again.
I just found out that I was pregnant Saturday, had it confirmed on Monday and today they said I am 6 weeks and 1 day with no heart beat. I truly believe that God is able and that he will strengthen all of us during this difficult time. He has the final say, not the doctor.