Pregnancy 18-24 Community
6 weeks 1 day pregnant - no morning sickness??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hi guys,

I'm 6 weeks 1 day pregnant today. I have been beyond exhausted (naps are a must) and my BBs are VERY tender.
But I haven't really had any sickness at all. I hear things about morning sickness = healthy pregnancy and so I'm very worried. Not that I WANT to be sick, but I'm wondering if it's OK to NOT have morning sickness? It's still early, it might kick in soon but I'm still worried. I don't have my first doctor's visit until Nov. 20 (at 8 weeks).  Any advice?

Thanks!  Heather
Not being sick is common and should be a blessing! Some women don't get sick until a little later, some don't get sick at all. Take it all in stride and bring up your concerns at your appointment!
I only had morning sickness for 2 weeks... during weeks 8-10 (ish).  Morning sickness doesn't mean healthy pregnancy... that is a falacy.  It just depends on the person and how their body handles the change in hormones.  For example, my mom didn't have morning sickness with all 3 of her pregnancies, and myself, my brother, and my sister are all of us were born healthy (and still are)  :)  
I didn't have bad morning sickness, just a little queasiness. Don't worry ;)
Its absolutely normal and a blessing! With my first i was SICK ALL THE TIME for 4 months straight.... and with this one (22 weeks) I was sick about 2 weeks (around my 8th week) and then it just tapered away.... and all is well, so please dont let the fact that your not getting sick concern you, it truly is a blessing
I have heard the same thing that morning sickness=healthy baby, but asked my dr. and she didn't necessarily believe that.  Actually I think I watched that on a show about the development of babies, then looked into it further and it is another one of those things that are not really true.  I am on the m/c forum and many of those ladies got really sick and have had multiple m/c's, so I wouldn't worry about it at all.  Take it as a blessing!!  Good luck and congrats!
Thank you all for your reassurance!  This is my first pregnancy so I don't know what to expect and it seems forever before I can see the OBGYN. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a pregnancy sans the morning sickness as it's one of my biggest concerns with work, etc. But then I thought, hey, is this OK? Ha ha. Watch, I'll be a sick mess in a couple of weeks and I'll look back at this post and go "heather...why did you complain!!"
Take care everyone, and thanks again. = )
My sister didn't have any morning sickness with my nephew and he's a very healthy, very chunky 14 month old.  The only thing she had was the stomach flu when she was about 14-16 weeks preggo.  I'm hoping I have the same fate (no morning sickness, not having a stomach flu) when I'm preggo.
If you don't get morning sickness you can still have a healthy baby. I am about 5 weeks 5 days and I haven't gotten sick however I have had a lot of nausea. Just hope you get lucky and don't get morning sickness!
in the same boat... 6 weeks 1 day today :) and i have had no morning sickness first pregnancy. and im scared to death something is gunna go rong but hearing what everyone has to say is making me feel better. just keeping my fingers crossed congratulations to u all :)
my wife got sick once with our first son. she felt cheated and wanted to experience everything with a pregnancy. she regretted wishing for that because with this  pregnancy, she went from like week 8 to week 22 with the nausea. after week 22, she traded it in for acid reflux.   we are in the final count down and I know I could never do what u women do.
Be happy! I hear morning sickness *****! I never had it and never want too. lol. But you are still early. I knew some girls that got it at 10 weeks. Enjoy it! :)

26weeks pregnant with my first :)
One doesnt have to have morning sickness to have a so-called `normal pregnancy"-our bodies and hormones are all different! No one is the same. Both my sisters never had it-and my twin had very little symptoms actually throughout. Enjoy the moment and good luck! xxx
All I have to say is it will come. I started getting sick at 6 weeks and 2 days b 4 that I felt fine . Concider it a blessing . I hope u and ur baby are healthy good luck and congradulations
I only got woozie when I brushed my teeth with mint toothpaste before I ate... go figure.  So far so good - 28 weeks with a healthy baby boy
Its okay to not have morning sickness, I had 2 pregnancy and both of them I did not suffer with morning sickness. I would not stress on the fact that you dont have morning sickness, stress is not good for the baby at all. If your feeling good then dont worry about it, good luck on your pregnancy and I hope all goes well for you and your new baby.
Agreed, the comments are reassuring! I'm pregnant with my 3rd (5 weeks 2 days) and have had no morning sickness! I had pretty severe N/ V with my first 2, and they are perfectly healthy! I have been VERY worried!!!
i started getting sick i think around 7 or 8 weeks..i was scared also but trust me when it kicked in it was bad so just enjoy not being right now lol
I'm 6 weeks 1 day today also not "feeling" preggo hormone tests say all is normal but my first pregnancy and was also worried. All I've read is our hormones heighten at around 6-8 weeks so if we gonna get sick its coming if not I read its jus how our bodies handle hormones especially if you are healthy already and eat balanced diet your body seems to adjust better to the hormone rise! Good luck and let's see how we are next week congrats xx
I'm a little behind you...  About 4wks 3d but I haven't been sick, had really any cramping and no spotting or anything I just don't have much of an appetite and get stomach aches every once in awhile and I'm super tired. I was kind of excited to not be getting sick or anything yet but we will see what the next few weeks bring (:
I am 6 weeks and 2 days I had morning sickness like just nausea but when I turn 6weeks I didn't have anything I still have sore breast but I'm scared is that normal please someone answer me
I too am 6 weeks pregnant. I haven't had any morning sickness. A little nauseous here and there but nothing crazy and goes away once I eat. My breasts are tender but again, nothing crazy. They were more tender a week and a half ago than they are now. My doctor says this is normal. This is my first child so I'm scared to death about anything and everything that happens. Just make sure to eat healthy and exercise. The light cramping you may feel in your lower abdomen is also normal. I was told this is due to your uterus expanding and stretching to accomodate the baby's growth. Hope this helps!