Pregnancy 18-24 Community
6 weeks pregnant and no fetus on u/s

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

6 weeks pregnant and no fetus on u/s

I'm new to this forum but it seems pretty informative.  I've had one hell of a day.  I'm 6 weeks pregnant according to my lmp, so around 4 weeks post conception.  I had my first dr visit today and he did an ultrasound.  There was a distinct black area but no sign of a fetus.  This concerned my dr and he sent me to another place that did two more u/s, one vaginally and one from the outside of my stomach.  This place supposedly had better equipment but they still could not see anything.  My dr claims that maybe I have a blight ovum or maybe it's too early to see a fetus for one reason or another.  I've read a couple posts on here with similar problems and it seems that it could be either very bad or nothing to worry about at all.  Does anyone know if this is normal to not see anything at this stage of a pregnancy?  I'm so freaked out and my husband and I are very concerned.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.
I totally know what you are going through. I was 8 weeks along thinking everything was fine, had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and the ultrasound picked up no heartbeat, fetal pull, or yolk sac (I think thats what it was) they did it twice and still nothing. Unfortunately the doctor diagnosed it as a missed miscarriage. he sent me for bloodwork anyway, and although my HCG levels were still quite high, they began to level off rather than increase, so the doctors pretty much knew I had miscarried. I never expected this to happen to me, but it did. I have since had a D & C and 2 normal periods and feel much better. I hate to sound cynical since every situation is different, but I wanted you to know that I totally understand your fears and concerns. Remember to stay positive, things just might work out..and if it doesnt, you will make it through it!!
oh...and also..6 weeks is still pretty early...could certainly just not be visible yet...most places wont even do u/s before 8 weeks. I think you will be fine.
I'm so sorry.  Hopefully you are going to try again soon and be successful.
Thanks for the reply.  It seems that yours is the way this usually turns out after reading so much.  I know that 6 weeks is still early and am not quite sure why the dr. even did an u/s.  He sure scared me and isn't being very optimistic.  This is our first preg. and my husband and I are so scared.  I will keep you posted on the outcome.   We're having an HCG level test mon and again on wed to see if things are progressing, then another u/s next week.  Good luck to you and thanks again.
Same thing happened to me. Went in at 6weeks 2days, nothing was seen. Not even a black thing.  Went for bloodwork, HCG doubled in 48 hrs.  But was low, went from 849 to 1600.   Went in a week later and they saw a sac and the beginning of a fetal pole.  Go in again on the 7th to see if we can find a fetal pole and fetal echo (the beginning of heartbeat)   So mine's not yet a positive outcome, but at least better then a bad one.  I'd ask for a repeat u/s in a week or so and see what happens then.
Thanks!!! we are now trying again so hopefully things will go better this time, and I believe they will. As for you, i thinkn it just might have been to early to see anything. I think it is so important to stay positive. I know its so scary, my husband and I felt the same way, but everything works out for a reason. I know everyone says that and its totally cliche..but when things like this happen, I think you have to believe that. Definitely keep me posted!!!
pooybear03, well aren't we in the same boat?!  Your situation sounds like it's progressing though.  I'm starting to think that maybe timing is a little different for each person.  Let's hope.  Let me know how your next appt. goes on the 7th, good luck!

aztecp, Thanks for the encouragement again. I know what you are saying.  My husband and I are trying to be realistic about this.  If it's not meant to be then fate takes over.  I just hope that when I go in for my bloodwork my HCG levels are normal, they see a fetus on the u/s and everything was just a fluke.  Good luck to you!  At least trying is part of the fun!!!hee hee
trying is absolutely part of the fun!!! just another kind of dumb question here...I have had regular periods for two months now, but I  never got a positive OPK this month. Could I not be ovulating this month? does that mean I wont get my next period in 2 weeks? could I have just missed it on the OPK? my gyne says to throw those kits out they will drive you crazy and they can be innacurate.  We still had sex 3 times during what would be my fertile time.  However, I do feel crampy and a bit of tender breasts, so i feel like I am ovulating....any ideas???
I went in at over 6 weeks, no fetus but at 7 weeks 6 days they saw the fetus and heart beat. Good luck! 6 weeks is often just too early. Also, a vaginal ultra detected my baby, not an ab ultra.
We went for a vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days.  The ultrasound showed twins - 2  sacs (one 1.3 cm and the other 10 cm). There was no embryo or heatbeat. My doctor says he thinks it may be a blighted ovum, however, the research I have done suggests that 6 weeks, 3 days may be too early? We are going again in a week, at 8 weeks 2 days.  Any thoughts to help us get though this? He has advised that if there are no heartbeats at 8 weeks, he will book me in for a d&c. Help!

Hi Guys,

we are trying to have a baby for the last five yrs.I had a miscarriage 2 yrs back. Then after we treid about 2 yrs and no luck.We saw an infertility specialist.She did all tests and everything was fine.Then she prescribed clomid and hcg.that month nothing happend.Next month she prescribed injecting medicine(Gonal_f}and hcg.That month i conceived.they testd my beta hcg level next two days.my HCG level was normal.WE went for an transvaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks.The ultrasound showed a black thing.
but no heartbeat and its size is too small.
my doc told me i was going to have an early miscarriage.They checked my HCG level.it was going to down.my next blood test is on next thursday.Now iam 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant.I have sore boobs only.I am so scared.Pls help
I am going thru the same exact thing.  Glad I read this site tonite.
I am 6w2d and I had brown spotting for 2 days in the am and then Friday had a lot of rust d/c. Went to the OB and he did a trans vag u/s and it showed nothing.  
My s/sx have decreased, I am no more crampy now than I was before.  He drew blood, but no results until Monday. so I have to be patient and wait.  
My husband is being great and we are trying to be optimistic, but know there could be the reality of m/c
I have to wait 48 more hours for the results and to see what is happening.  
Glad to know that others are in the same boat.

I was discouraged before reading this site, but now I feel a little more glimmer of hope. I just worry if this could be an ectopic and that is why there is no fetus on u/s.

Thanks for reading
    We are on the same boat.How is your progress?Did u get blood test result?Is everything fine?When is ur next ultrasound? Today i am 6w5d pregnant(lmp)We didn't see the fetus nad hear the heartbeat on 6weeks ultrasound.do u have any cramping and bleeding?.I don't have anything.How is ur hcg level?do u have any pregnancy symptoms? I have sore boobs and frequent urination.Please reply to me.I am so worried.Wish u all the best

Zeanna

i
i am so anxious to know your progress?Did u hear the heartbeat?I wish everything is going fine?The same things happend to me.I am waiting for my blood work.My six weeks ultrasound didn' t show the fetus and we didn't hear the heartbeat.We saw an embryosac.My hcg level started to go down.
thanks
My wife was 6wk 6days pregnant. She had cramps and bleeding y'day. We went to the doctor and she did a vaginal ultra sound and said she can't see a yolk sac. We are very sad. The doctor ordered a blood test to see HCG level. My wife has no nausea and no breast soreness. Will keep posted on what the doctor is going say when she gets the blood report.
I know how you feel, my last period was May 29th, which makes me 8 wks pregnant,  I'm spotting since saturday a light brown color, I went to the dr on Tuesday July 22 and did a u/s you could see the fetus, but the doctor says there is no heartbeat.  He said to wait that I would eventually miscarriage sometime in the next couple of days. I don't know what to believe, I don't have any cramping only once in a while a little pain.  This is my second miscarriage in one year.  

I have an appoitment on July 31st, he said if I didn't miscarriage by this day, he will give me something that will make me miscarriage in 24 hrs.  

I don't know if I should tell him that I want another u/s.

Please help me.
HI all: I posted earlier.  Just wanted to give you an update that although we didnt see an embryo on the ultrasound - just 2 small sacs - and the specialist advised he thought it was a blighted ovum, we had our second ultrsound and we saw 2 little heartbeats  and 2 embryos.  Everything looked great!  Yesterday I had another ultrasound at 10 weeks and they are just fine.  So for all of you worrying, we didnt see our heartbeats or embryos until 8 weeks.  6 weeks is often MUCH too early to see anything.  In fact, I have since spoken with someone who didnt see a heartbeat at 8 weeks...went back at 9 weeks and saw one.  Try not to worry and keep positive. Sarah
On Tues. July 22 I had an transvaginal u/s showing just a ges sac.  We were told by the Doc that he is 80-90 percent sure that we will lose this baby.  I have had no spotting or bleeding, my betas are normal and the gestational sac is a normal shape and measureing 6w2d which is pretty close to on size.  I go back on Tues. July 29.  The Dr. said that it could be too early to see much, but was not holding out much hope. I am glad to find some success stories here.  I am holding out for a good outcome.  Good Luck to all in the same situation.
I am 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I went for my u/s and they saw no embryo. I have the sac and all but no baby. My dr took me in for blood to check my hormones levels. now i have to get a d&c I dont understand how i can have 2 healthy pregnancies and then this happened. I am so upset. My husband wants to try again but now I am affriad that this could happen. I dont think i can do this again.
Hi, I accidentally found this site while looking for information. I sure am glad I did! I am 6 weeks pregnant with our second. Both a home pregnancy test and blood test (both done at doctor's office) showed positive. Since then, have had two u/s and can't see a thing (just a black thing). The second was yesterday and the doctor started telling me it could be a miscarriage but that we would have to wait and see. They took more blood yesterday to check the hcg levels. I have to wait until 4:30 this afternoon before I can know the results. I have another u/s scheduled for next Monday......I am scared, but trying to stay positive. I never expected this.....our first one was born 6 weeks too early but is a strong, normal 2 year old. The most I worried about was that happening again....not a miscarriage! I just wanted to write to you all to thank you for your information and sharing. It really has given me hope. My doctor also told me maybe it is just too early, but all I could think about yesterday was miscarriage. Thank you all again!!
Hi - my daughter's doctor can't find a heartbeat at 6 1/2 weeks.  Please tell me what happened in your situation dated from 8/03
iam 7 weeks pregnant and fearing another miscarriage. i have had two miscarriages over the past 3 years and the doctors sayt that thiss one doesn't look healthy. i don't understand though because my hCG levels keepgogin up. i had an ultrasound today and they couldn't see anything. my hCG levels and at 70000 now and were only 20000 two weeks ago. please help me understand!
I am so happy i found this site. I am acutally 3 weeks pregnant and i went in for an u/s and they also couldnt find anything. they did 3 u/s and found nothing. they told me i have to come in for an 48 hour repeat betha hcg test. i pray to God everyday that it is way too early. I am 20 years old and dont understand why this is happening to me so young. i just hope that it is too early. Good Luck to everyone else
I had my first transvaginal U/S this past Friday.  Going from my last menstrual period I am considered 7 wks. However, this is not an accurate date since I ovulated on the 24th day of my cycle(according to the ovulation strip). The U/S did not show a heartbeat.  My doctor feels that I am truly 6wks from the U/S measurement, and that I should be seeing a heartbeat at this time.  He is having me come back this coming Tuesday, which will allow 4 days to pass.  He will do another transvaginal U/S, but has prepared me that a D&C is probably going to be necessary.  I guess I am struggling with the fact that I know the fetus could only be a MAX of 4wks (based on the time I know conception took place).  Should there undoubtably be a heartbeat? Is 4 days to soon to return?  Should I request a 3D U/S?  Or maybe just wait a few weeks to see if I start to bleed?  This not knowing is so difficult.
Hi all, This is my first time on and I am so inspired by your postings.  I am pregnant with my second, first ended in m/c.  I am on progestrone supplements this time and have decided to give this child completely over to God and just have faith that His will will be done in my life.  I have heard the heart rate, at 6wk3d was 122 dr said it was low, went home completely devestated, went back 3 days later it was 135. I couldn't stand the worrying and anxiety.  I do still think about it, and don't get me wrong I would be so disappointed if this one does not work out, but my happiness is not longer centered around what our possible outcome may be.  I am praying for each of you that God will give you the babies you desire, but please too remember that He has a perfect plan for your life!
Please help. I am 8weeks and 5 days preg. everything WAS ok. No sopting, no pain, no nothing.. Today I went to have my first U/S and the doctor told me that he could not hear hearbeats! he asked me to talk to my GYN who suggested a D&C!!! can I wait for couple weeks, maybe they will hear the heartbeats then??? is that normal?? is the D&C painful or having it happen naturally is more painful?? I am not ready to loose my baby... please help
I suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and my husband has a low sperm count, so needless to say, it has been an extremely long road for us to conceive.  After 4 years of trying, we miraculously conceived on our own with no medical intervention.  We got the good news April 12.  According to my last cycle, which is impossible to go by due to my PCOS, I was 10 weeks along and my hCG count was 16,000.  I went in for my first u/s on April 20.  My first experience with transvaginal u/s...uncomfortable to say the least, but I just didn't care, I couldn't WAIT to see my little doll on the screen.  My heart SANK when the tech could find nothing more than a sac.  There on that screen was a mere black "hole" of all of our dreams.  No fetus, no fetal pole or yolk, just a black sac.  We were devastated.  The Dr. ordered another hCG count, and sure enough, it was creeping down.  Turns out it was a blighted ovum, or, no fetus, just a placenta.  I'm starting to get through this shock and extreme pain, but I'm dealing with a whole new set of problems now.  My Dr. is pressing me to have a D&C...after only three days!!!  Everything I've researched out there says that (especially in the case of blighted ovum), it is ok to wait a while and try to m/c naturally.  I could never mentally or morally cope with a D&C unless necessary in an emergent situation.  On top of this, she has been giving me conflicting information on my syndrome.  I don't know what to do, I really want to switch clinics, but hate to do that in the middle of all of this.  I'm hoping to obtain some advice on whether or not I can really wait to try and m/c naturally.  I think it's the only way I can truly work thru this whole thing.  Thanks, and I appreciate ANY response.
I do understand you wanting to miscarry without intervention, but do understand that it may cause a severe infection in your own body. My daughter went through a similar experience and her Dr. told her that they couldn't wait because of the infection risk.
Many doctors advise that if you want to try again, that your uterus is most fertile following a d&c because if you don't have a d&c there may be bits of old tissue that don't pass and may make carring the next time more difficult.  My friend has had several miscarriages, and after she had the last one she had a d&c and her doctor told her you always should, and that he could see without knowing her history that she had had many miscarriages because of all of the dead tissue that had remained.  They say very few miscarriages are complete on their own.  A d&c is not that bad of an experience, especially if it puts your mind at ease that you are doing whatever you can to make your body as fertile as it can be.
I am 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant and this is my fifth pregnancy.  I have a four year old son and I have had two miscarriages and one misabortion.  I am concered because my HCG level's are increasing but when my doctor performed the ultrasound and he could not see the yolk sac or fetal pole or heart beat. Today is May 4th and my HCG level is 10,982 which last thursday it was only 2,862.  On saturday I started bleeding and I went to the ER and they advised me that the blood levels are fine and my cervix is closed and to go home and rest.  I am now on bed rest due to that I am high risk, and I have to come back in a few days for another ultrasound and blood test.  The doctor advused me with a HCG level as high as I have you should be able to see the heart beat and if they do not see if heart beat or the fetal pole they want to perform another D & C.  I am very upset and confused and I am not sure why the yolk sac is getting bigger and my HCG level is rising how could this be a abnormal preganacy (pregnancy).  If you guys are any information or situation similar to this please let me know.  Any feedback would be great.  Thanks, and I will keep you guys posted with the results.
Hi, I;m supposedly 7 weeks pregnant and from the time i found out i was pregnant my husband and i have been going through an emotional roller coaster. When i was 4 wks and 5 days i had a blood test which proved i was positive, the doctor then performed a vaginal u/s and saw some fluid and no sac in the uterus, she diagonised it as a possible ectopic pregnancy, 2 days later after a HCG count and another u/s the sac appeared in the uterus, but i was then diagonised with an ovarian cyst. I was told to wait two weeks so the cyst could be monitored. My HCG in the mean time went from 430 on the 8th to 2380 on the 13th to 9000 on the 16th.. so all seemed to be going well. When i went in yesterday, thankfully the cyst has not grown, and a yolk sac has appeared, but no fetus. no heartbeat as well, he used 2 different 2D u/s machines and a 3rd 3D u/s machine. He told me to come back in a week, and do another HCG count before i go in and see him, maybe there would be progress. Im so worried and no how your feeling. I really wish i knew what was going on!
im 7 wks pregnant When i was 4 wks 5 days i , the doctor then performed a vag u/s and saw some fluid and no sac in the uterus, she diagonised it as a possible ectopic pregnancy, 2 days later the sac appeared in the uterus, but i was then diagonised with an ovarian cyst. I was told to wait two weeks so the cyst could be monitored. My HCG in the mean time went from 430 on 8th 2380 on  13th to 9000 on  16th. so all seemed to be going well. When i went in yesterday, the cyst has not grown, and a yolk sac has appeared, but no fetus. he used 3 different u/s machines.  He told me to come back in a week, and do another HCG count before i go in and see him. Im so worried and know how your feeling.
my LMP was April 11(10 wks and 2 days ago). on June 23 I went for u/s and was told they could not find fetus only sac (measuring 7.5 wks since conception...whichwould be 9.5 wks since LMP) and to come back in a week. (by the technician she had consulted with a radiologist) went to maternity clinic and doctor told me I had probably miscarried and to book d&c asap. She also told me to go for hcg testing. June 23 hcg was 25,000 and on June 25 it was 19,000. Doctor said at 10 wks should be dropping, but that b/c ultrasound said sac was only at 7.5 wks, it was not a sign of promise.) I don't really understand  because ultrasound is since day of conception, so this is 9.5 wks...) anyways, I was fine to accept this and move on except, I keep feeling little flutters. I have a 2.5 yr old and felt it quite early with him too... so I know the feeling. I have had no cramping, spotting or anything and am having a really hard time accepting that the doctor is right. Has anyone else had anything similiar happen?Thanks and G-D Bless you all.... J
hi i had my first prenatal visit today now accordning to my lmp i am 6 weeks 3 days along... now i had 3 pergancy tests done and they all cam out positive...i had a vaginal ultra sound performed and the doctor was not able to see a fetus but said that my ovaries look normal i had a blood test done today and i have to go back in 48 hours... im so freaked out i am so happy about this pregnancy and i am scared to death that something is wrong has anyone had this problem?
im honeslty sorry to say this but for my first pregnancy i was like 7 weeks and all they saw was the black thing and nothing inside of it.

now with this pregnancy i went at 4 weeks because the doctor knew i had a blighten ovum before and he wanted to make sure everything was going to be alright. at that ultrasound we saw a white dot. no bigger than a period (.) but there was something there. then for my next ultrasound the dot got a lot bigger! a lot! and he said he expected it to have turn into a fetal pole. wel it didnt then but next week we saw a little shrimp. my little shrimp. but i was told that for different people their babys grow and change at different rates. we saw a dot really early. so he knew it wasnt a blighten ovum. but yeah these people are right most doctors dont want to see you untill at least 8 weeks cuz theres a great doubt that anything will be seen. keep you head up! i hope you get to see your shrimp very soon. but if not. you wil have a d&c and then you can always try for another one. i only had one period between my 2 pregnancys.

i was crushed to loose the first one. but my babys dad told me it just wasnt ment to be right then and there. when it is time for you to have a baby. it will come. hopefully the times now. just wait like 2 weeks and see. if you dont belevie it, then just go and get a second opion
WOW! I am in the same boat as you. I have never been regular with my periods and haven't had a period in 2 months so when I took a pregnancy test and it was positive, I immediately went to my doc. I FEEL pregnant and told my doc that I thought I could be a couple of months along because my stomach is so hard and big compared to normal and that my back hurts. Since I miscarried in 2004, my doc ordered an u/s and after 45 mins. of probing (she used both a stomach u/s and a vaginal u/s), the tech saw NOTHING!!! I was terrified. What did that mean??!! Doc ordered a blood test to check for HCG level and it came out to 516. My doctor told me that she was optimistic because at a level of 516, she wouldn't expect to be able to see the baby yet but said that it was a high enough number to suggest a viable pregnancy. She ordered that I come back in 2 days for another blood test to make sure that my numbers are rising instead of falling. Today, it had been 48 hours and she was only expecting the 516 to double but actually, it TRIPLED!!! YIKES! She said that she is trying not to look too much into it but it could indicate a multiple pregnancy but will do another u/s in 2 weeks. I asked her if it could be ectopic since the baby isn't showing on the u/s but she said that it was too big of a jump in the HCG level to be ectopic and that I may have just been way too early in my pregnancy for it to appear on the ultrasound. As long as your numbers are doubling every 2 - 3 days, I wouldn't worry. Seriously...don't worry yourself. Sometimes, all of this technology can make pregnancy worse because we just "know too much". Think back when u/s didn't exist...women just went with the flow and waited to see what happened and miscarriage rates were lower. I did miscarry 3 years ago and I really think that my stress contributed to it because that's all I did was worry about test results. I'll be relaxing over here with you and we can just wait to see what happens...together:) I'm sure you're fine. Keep your chin up and stay positive. Your baby is growing at it's own rate and every growth is different. It's not all SCIENCE, as much as people would like to believe that. Enjoy your first pregnancy and don't make yourself sick with worry. I have 3 girls and each and every one of my pregnancies were SO different and HCG levels were different and ALL of their test results varied so have comfort in that. I'm confident that you will be just fine. Keep in touch and I'd like to hear how things work out. I'll be sure to update you too, if you'd like. I have my next u/s on July 30th and I'm hoping to see my baby for the first time. Also, remember, that doctor is hired by YOU. If it makes you less stressed to see your levels going up, ask to have your HCG levels tested every 2 - 3 days for the next week or two, if only just to put you at ease. It should double each time. YOU ARE IN CONTROL of how you are treated. Sometimes, I've noticed that doctors act as if they are doing you a favor and they can just tell you what to do and when. The reality is that you HIRE them...they work FOR YOU. If you want tests on a reg. basis, just demand it and say that you would feel less stressed knowing that your progressing at a normal rate and that it's not healthy for you or your baby to be losing sleep over worrying and waiting. Hang in there:)
I'm scared this is my third pregnancy, my first  child was a healthy pregnancy, the second pregnancy (seven yrs later) was a miscarriage. I myself have abnormal periods so not sure how far long I am. Today I  had an u/s and they found NOT one but three big black sacks and nothing inside of  them. The doctor says I'm having TRIPLETS, but he  is not sure how far long I am he says it's to early to tell .. The doctor says to wait a week for another u/s. I don't feel pregnant no symptoms at all.  I'm not sure my body can handle triplets I'm nothing but 4 "11" weighing 103lbs I'm afraid my body might reject this pregnancy...
I am very scared as well I just had my third child 3 months ago and apparently my "black sac" is measuring 7 weeks and 1 day as of today. Last Saturday my dr gave me a laproscapy thinking that maybe I was having an ectopic pregnancy. I was messed up on morphine because of the cramps and signed the papers to have a d & c but when I woke up I was still "pregnant" according to her. I am very destraught over this. Today she mentioned the abortion pill, but I thought I wasnt pregnant i told her. she said there never was a baby so technically I would not be aborting a baby just the poc. But I will still have more blood work done on monday and another u/s done next week. There is something that she is not telling me and she is confussing me. it is depressing to hear one minute that you are miscarrying, then there is no baby, then the baby is dead, and no there never was a baby. I don't know what to do and my husband is very upset about this I did lose a twin with both of my first and second pregnancies. the first absorbed his twin, the second didnt even know that he was in there because they could see a "black sac" of fluid I bleed and went back the following week for follow up and they said that I had misscarried the one but was still pregnant with my other son. Then I was 10 weeks when I lost the one, so could this be the same maybe? I don't want to get the d & c or take the pill until I am absolutely sure that there are no other babies hidding in there you know?

I will be praying for you, you sound like a very petite young lady and i dont know if i would be able to handle triplets either. and that is the funny thing are you gaining weight with these "black sacks"? because I have gained about 5 pounds and am at 142 now. and only 5' 10/16". Please write back I would like to hear your opinion and see how you are doing. Take care and remember you now have another person here and praying for you.

8/9/07  six99skin
IM HAVING GREAT DIFFICULTY, ACCORDING TO THE LMP IM 8 WEEKS AND ACCOIRDING TO THE SIZE OF THE SAC I COULD ONLY BE AROUND 6 WEEKS. THEY CAN SEE NO FETAL PULL AND THEY ARE PRETTY SURE THERE WILL BE NONE. THIRD PREGNANCY NO SUCESSFUL BIRTHS. THS SAC IS BLACK AND MY HCG LEVEL IS AT 27770 AND THEY ARE SUPRISED ITS GOING UP INSTEAD OF DOWN SINCE THEY BELIEVE THERE IS NO FETUS JUST A SAC. I AM SO DEPRESSED AND WORRIED. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH OTHER MISCARRAIGES AND IT WAS HORRIBLE.  I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE UP HOPE BUT  I AM WONDERING IF IM LIVING IN A FANTASY WORLD OR IS THERE HOPE FOR ME AND MY BABY. I WANT THIS SO MUCH AND ITS SO UNFARE  AND IM SO SAD. I DONT WANT TO LET THEM DO ANYTHING ,I HAVE HAD 4 ULTRASOUNDS BOTH KINDS AN I HAVE HAD MY BLOOD TESTED 3 TIMES. THERE TELLING ME THAT IF BY NEXT WEEK THERE IS NO FETAL PULL THAN THEY WILL SET ME UP FOR A D &C.  I DONT WANT THAT , I WANT THEM TO WAIT LONGER AND SEE IF JUST MY WEEKS ARE OFF, I REFUSER TO GIVE UP HOPE AND I  REALLY NEEED SOME ENCOURGEMENT AN D I THINK I GOT THAT READING ALL THESE DIFFERENT STORIES. THANK U ALL. ILL KEEP EVEYONE POSTED ON HOW IT GOES.
i'm going through the same thing i've had 2 wonderful boys and both time i never had a problem now i just found out i gonna have another one hoping for a girl LMP 6/21/07 which should make me 7 weeks i had an U/S on 8/15 and i knew something was wrong i could tell in the techs face  i seen the sac but nothing was in it, the tech told me that my doctor would get back to me, finally the same day the doctor did and said that i would have to get my levels checked thursday and saturday  but later on that day i started to bleed but it could have been from that vaginal u/s so i went to the emergency room and they checked my levels they were at 21500 and that doctor told me that he should have seen something on the U/S and for the 2nd time he didnt dr told me at the hospital to call my midwifes and get a d & c but my midwifes told me i might be still eairly the sac with nothing in it shows 5 weeks so on monday i have to get another blood test to ck my levels my midwifes told me if they have gone up then she will order another u/s in two weeks im so scared i dont know what to do
ladies your stories all break my heart i am so sorry to read what a hard time you are all having. i am hoping and wishing nothing but positive prenancy's for you all. good luck girl and i hope you all know that it will happen. and you are not alone :)
At 6 weeks, 2 days I had a transvaginal ultrasound and they saw nothing--no yolk sac, no fetal pole, no heartbeat.  At 8 weeks, I had another transvaginal ultrasound and they still saw nothing--just a black oval.  My doctor told me that it's over (blighted ovum) and suggested a D&C or Cytotec to help "move things along".  I refused both, saying I wanted to wait and let my body do what it needs to do on its own.  I never started cramping or bleeding and my doctor was concerned, saying that infection can set in when a miscarriage doesn't complete in a timely manner.  So at 9 weeks, 5 days I had another ultrasound and there she was!  Heartbeat and all!  She is perfect and beautiful and will be 6 months old on August 21st.

I know this isn't typical and I don't want to give anyone false hope, but I am so glad that I waited.
Was your HCG and Progesterone level normal and well all along although you didn't see the fetus? I am 8 weeks pregnant. There is a heartbeat but the size of fetus looks like 5 weeks only. My HCG is increasing but not doubling every 45 hours. progesterone level is decreasing to 6. Doc said he will do another set of blood work if not look good he recommends d&c. I'm very frustrated. My baby still has heartbeat I am hoping it will turn out good. But if the baby is borned, will she be normal since she didn't grow as expected in first few week?
My hcg numbers didn't double in 48 hours (they went from 71,000 to 98,000), but they told me that it was high enough to still be considered normal, so they wanted me to come in the following week (at 8 weeks) for an ultrasound (I don't know what my progesterone level was).  That was when my doctor told me that it was definitely over and when I asked about the numbers still being in the normal range, he told me that the hcg levels take a little bit to catch up to what is going on when you are miscarrying.  He did more blood work at 9 weeks 5 days (when the u/s picked up the baby) and he didn't tell me those numbers--saying only that they start to decline around that time anyway and that it didn't matter what the numbers said because there is a baby there measuring the right size.

I'm not sure what happens when a baby doesn't develop on schedule.  Are you absolutely certain that your dates are correct?

Sending positive thoughts your way.
I just had an ultra sound at 6 weeks 1 day.  There was a faint heartbeat and the doctor said the embryo was small.  The doctor said it was a couple of days behind.  I have to go back in another week.  My HCG level started out really slow but did double every couple of days.  I have had several miscarriages and an ectopic so I am very worried.  Has this happened to anybody?  What was the outcome?  
I'm about seven weeks pregnant + or - 5 days. Went for an ultasound today and saw a sac, the ring, and a fetus, but no hearbeat. Doctor says things don't look good although my numbers more than doubled from last week. It's been crazy....first there was nothing in there, then a week later still nothing, they thought I had a blighted ovum or a molar pregnancy and was headed for a miscarriage. I've not had any bleeding or spotting, no cramping, nothing. It's been a heck of a ride for the past week or so. Is is possible to not see a heartbeat at 7 weeks? They are sending me for a level two ultrasound tomorrow in hopes of seeing a heartbeat. I am so worried and have prayed for some divine intervention, hoping something will be seen on the ultrasound tomorrow. If nothing is seen, they are talking about a d & c and I am very scared and worried about that. Any advice is welcomed!
I'm in a similar situation.  I had an ultrasound on the 9/6 at 6 weeks 3 days as well and we saw the heartbeat and the doctor said the embryo was small by a couple of days.  I went back today and the heartbeat was even stronger and it grew but is still measuring small (about 1 week smaller).  She wants me to come back in another week and there is nothing to do but wait.  I know my dates are correct because I had a frozen embryo transfer.  Is there reason to be alarmed?  Has this happened to anyone else?  
When your baby was finally seen on the ultra sound at 9 weeks 5 days, did she measure up to that size or was she smaller?
I thought that I was 10 weeks last week when I started having some spotting.  My doctor got me in for an u/s and said that I was actually having twins but they are only 6 weeks along.  I was so confused how I could only be that far along but the doctor didn't seemed too worried about it and said she felt very optimistic.  I had been spotting for a week with some blood so I went to the ER to have another u/s done to just see what was going on.  They did an u/s yesterday and said that now I am only 5 1/2 weeks along when actually I would be 7 weeks according to what the u/s said last week.  Things aren't looking very good since the babies are not only not growing but seem to be getting smaller.  My doctor told me that most likely I will have a miscarriage but they don't really want to call it that yet since nothing as really happened and my cervix is still closed.  I haven't had any pain or cramping, just the spotting.  I am just so upset and keep praying to God for a miracle and for strength to get through this.  This is my first pregnancy and my husband and I would just love to have twins!  If everything keeps going like it is they will probably do another u/s next week to see if anything has changed.  Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Also, they haven't been able to detect any heartbeat or any other activity from the u/s.
I know what you are going through. my wife and i are still wating on another ultrasound. We are having twins. And thay could only find one heartbeat but not the other. She is eightweeks. So just pray to god every chance you get. God promised us he would perform miracles in ower life. Do that and you will be fine. Because its in gods hands. You have to trust him its the only way. Because I know a god who can put a heartbeat in those babys. i ll be praying for you....../ Poo bear
I really appreciate your comment.  I know God can do this if it is His will.  I also am trying to prepare myself for the m/c if that happens and know that He knows what is going on inside of me and there would have probably been something wrong with the babies.  At least I know that I can get pregnant b/c I can't imagine all the people who try for years and years.  I will pray for you and your wife also and hope they detect another heartbeat at your next u/s.  Please keep me updated.
Hey everyone, I'm 5 weeks pregnant and just had a transvaginal u/s yesterday where I was told there is no sign of a fetus.  They think it might be an ectoptic pregnancy, however when they did a physical exam I had no pain where there should be if it was an ectopctic pregnancy.  Is it because it's too early to see the fetus, or is it too early to even detect an ectoptic pregnancy???

I just went to the doctor last wednesday and and had an ultrasound.  I was not sure how far I was along because my period is every other month so the ultra sound said that I was 5 weeks 4 days.  My doc did not see an embreo, yolk sac or a heart beat and said that he thinks that I am going to mis carry.  I went that same day to get my hcg levels checked and I was at 15,000.  I went 2 days later and they were up to 24,213.  The doc. did an ultrasound on me again today and did not see anything again.  I am so depressed.   I just got my HCG level back and it is at 53,000.  So on 10/31 I was at 15,000, 11/2 I was at 25,000, and today 11/7 I am at 53,000.  So my levels are not quite doubling every other day.  He said that he should have see an embreo at 15,000 and a heart beat at 25,000.  I am stressed.  Was anyones levels that high when they could not find the baby?  And did your HCG levels not quite double.  Please let me know.  Thanks for your time.

Melissa
Hello Everyone,
I'm 7 weeks and one day. This is my 5th pregnancy. I have 3 healthy boys at home. Between #2 and #3 I miscarried a baby, but that one was painful. I could constantly feel the pain. Right now I'm having trouble. Since I was 5 weeks I seen my Dr and he did a transvaginal ultrasound. Showed nothing. I went again at 6 weeks and 4 days still no sign, no pain or bleeding. Dr ordered a Blood test. After the results came 4 days later, in my HCG levels creeped up VERY little, not even close to doubling but when he did a transvaginal u/s, there was a the yolk sac, that wasnt there prior. He already started telling me about having a D&C done. I don't feel any pain and still no bleeding and I feel that I should at least wait and give it a chance to grow. I asked for a second opinon so I'm gonna go and see another Dr and get a more professional u/s done. Me an my Boyfriend started praying alot that God help us thru this and give our fetus the strength to grow and be a healthy baby for us. Please Pray for us.  
Hello Everyone again,
Well bad news. Today I started spotting. Still no pain but I guess my body's starting to push it out. To everyone else I wish you all the best. Good thing is I'm really fertile so i'll be pregnant again soon, Bad part is I wanted this baby sooo bad, but I guess somethings we just not meant to be.
I had a miscarriage in January at almost 6 weeks, another miscariage in March at 6 weeks and I am now 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant (since LMP but approx. 3 weeks since conception). This is my 5th pregnancy (1 miscarriage and I am blessed with one son),  I had spotting this morning, called the Dr and had a transvaginal ultrasound and he saw nothing!!! He did warn me prior that it may be too early to see anything, all he could see was a ovarian cyst, the type which takes the role of the placenta in early pregnancy. I have had my HCG levels checked today (I have no idea yet what it is) an I have to have them checked again on Thursday. The one thing that is different from this pregnancy to the last two is that previously when I started spotting I took a pregnancy test and it was negative, today's test was still positive. I still have the pregnancy symptoms (sore chest, fatigue and bad temper!)

Needless to say I am stressing and I just wondered if anyone had anything similar?
I totally know how you feel!! I am 5 weeks pregnant as of yesterday and have had some light brown spotting, and also pink at times.  I went in yesterday and the doctor did and ultrasound and saw nothing!  She said my uterus was empty! So frustrating! She thought she might of seen something in my left ovary and feared it may be an ectopic. So sent me to the Radiology lab b/c supposedly they had better equipment and could pick something up.   They saw the same thing but think that what was  In the ovary was a cyst which in normal in early pregnancy.  I had a miscarriage back in October and am so scared... I dont want to have to go through that again.  I went this morning to have my hcg levels tested...so we will see.  Trying to stay positive and remind myself that it is just possibly too early to see anything. Good luck to you ...hope all goes well
It's comforting to read what some of you have written. My husband and I found out on Friday that we're pregnant for the 2nd time, we have a 15-month-old boy. I had a biopsy on Thursday because of an abnormal pap, and bloodwork Friday showed we're pregnant. We were so excited. On Sunday I had a fever and chills, on Monday when I wiped it was a heavier reddish discharge. I called the doc, had an ultrasound, said I'm 5 1/2 weeks and saw only a black sac, no yolk. Said there was a 55% chance I'm miscarrying, but I go in on Monday for another u/s. SOOOO nervous, we were so excited! Keep us in your prayers, we're still hoping, but the doc doesn't seem optimistic.
I will be praying for you...I know how it can be we were sooo excited to find out we were pregnant...and now the doctor called and said my hcg levels are possibly on their way down because they were at 1200.  She is not optomistic at all and thinks it is another miscarriage.  I am just hoping with all I have that she is wrong.  I go in on Thursday for another ultrasound, and to have my hcg levels tested again, so we will see.  Hopefully everything works out for the both of us.
HEY I WENT TO THE EMERGENCY YESTERDAY CUZ I WAS HAVING BAD CRAMPS ON AND OFF SO THEY GAVE ME AN ULTRA SOUND BUT THEY DIDNT SEE ANYTHING IN MY STOMACH ALL THEY SAW WAS SUM BLOOD CELLS BUT NOTHING ELSE AND THE DR SAID IM 5 WEEKS PREGO BUT ON APRIL 20 I HAD A BLOOD TEST AND I WASNT PREGO THEN SO I HAD TO OF GOTTEN PREGNANT AFTER APRIL 20 AND MY LAST PERIOD WAS LAST MONTH ON MARCH 26 AND I WAS NOT PREGNANT LAST MONTH THEY SAID I MIGHT OF HAD A MISSCRGE AND MISTAKEN THAT FOR MY PERIOD BUT MY PERIOD WAS NORMAL LAST MONTH I JUST HAD BAD CRAMPS BUT THETS NUTHING NEW IM VERY WORRIED AND I HAVE THE SYMTOMS (symptoms) OF BEING PREGO ITS JUST THEY CANT SEE ANYTHING IN MY ULTRA SOUND BUT IS IT JUST TOO SOON TO SEE ANYTHING??? THEY KEEP TELLIN ME I HAD A MISSCARGE BUT I DIDNT NOT BLEED THIS MONTH I FEEL CRAMPS BUT NO BLEEDING AT ALL IDK WAT I SHOULD BELIVE BUT MY BOOBS WERE HURTING BAD YESTERDAY AND TODAY THEY FEEL NORMAL I DONT FEEL PREGO TODAY BUT YESTERDAY AND ALL THE OTHER DAYS I DID SO IS THAT NORMAL im so scared i just turned 18 im new to all this please help god bless all of use keep your faith!
me and my hubby went to the hospital yesterday for a u/s from my last period date was 11 weeks i ave missed two periods there was just a gestion sac no heartbeat or yolk sac could i be earlier is it possible please reply cant sleep ave to wait 4 weeks for next u/s
Hi Venus.  I ovulated on April 1.  Had tubes untied may 06, miscarriage oct o6, Aug 07 and Jan 08.  I am right now what i think is 6 weeks pregnant.  Had a vag u/s May 2nd no gestational sac was seen, had another on may 9th they did see a sac and a yolk but no fetal poled.  Dr states might just be too early he took my hcg level today will find out what it is tomorrow, he said if it remains high like it has he will turn me over from his fertility care to my regular ob... I really think from all of the posts i have read.. these u/s are just coming way to early to be able to tell anything much more than a thickened lining..  Im not very good about always coming back to the same websits and reading posts.. but if you would like im at www.myspace.com/basill1970f   i would love to share others stories who are in the same boat, because i know in about 8 months we will all be at one big birthday party for our new arrivals.
Just wanted to give an update!!!  Went last week and had another ultrasound and saw the yolk sac and fetal pole. ~YAY~ Also my hcg levels are continuing to double every 72 hours, just like they should be.  So I feel great about everything.  Despite 3 full weeks of spotting....it has now subsided.  another YAY! So just be encouraged that light spotting is not always a bad thing, and sometimes it is just to early to see anything the first u/s.    GOOD luck to everyone!  
My wife is going in to the doctor regularly these days to check on our now 6-week pregnancy. The doctors have done u/s and can not see anything. I do not believe it is an ectopic pregnancy because her hCG levels are increasing the way they should. However, my wife has had some significant bleeding which could be a problem. She will be going in again soon to get an update. From all the above posts, it seems that this is not such an unusual occurence. I am hoping that everything will be ok.
I had a little spotting and went in for an ultrasound two weeks ago at 6 weeks pregnant and they couldn't find the baby or yoke sac. My Doctor said it didn't look positive and expected I would miscarry.  They suggested a D & C! My advice to everyone is to wait at least until 9 - 10 weeks because apparently your calculation date was incorrect...Definitely DON'T do a D & C until you're 100% certain. I had my another Ultra-Sound yesterday and our BABY was Visible. We clearly saw the yoke sac & Heart Beat.  God has a way of taking care of us, so stay positive and what ever is meant to be in life will happen. Don't give up!
i just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experiences.  yesterday i went for an u/s at 6 weeks, 2 days and saw a yolk sac and no fetal pole.  the dr was not very optomistic.  i went today to check my hcg levels and go back on wednesday.  being 36 years old and this is my first pregnancy, i thought that i would be at risk but hoped for the best.  i thought today would be the day that i suprise my parents with the news, but as of right now, i am keeping my fingers crossed that the u/s was too early and that i will have a positive outcome like many of you.  good luck to you all!
Hi everyone,
It sounds as if I am in the same boat.  I am exactly 6 weeks pregnant today.  I went for an ultrasound yesterday and got bad news.  We could clearly see a black spot with nothing in it. Ultrasound was done both ways (ab & vag.)  The Dr said the size of the sac is too small for 6 weeks, and is it possible my dates are wrong?  I am positive on the dates, so now I am very worried.  I went for bloodwork today and will return on Monday to check if my levels are increasing.  This is my first pregnancy.  I am 33 years old.  My husband and I are very scared.  
Thanks for listening!  
hey guys!! well first of all i understand how every one feels.I am 6weeks and two days pregnant.i went to the er yesterday cause i spotted in the morning when i first woke up and it was like light pink and dark brown, so i got really scared and i went to  the er when i got there the fist thing they did was drown blood. then they did an ultrasound ,it wasnt vaginally even though they filled my bladder with water, and well they told me they didnt see any thing no fetus no nothing so they told me i had to go back in four days and they r gonna check my blood again to see if the  blood level goes up. Well today i woke up and im still spotting but its really dark  and i only spot when i first wake up and use the bathroom. My breasts are sore,im really tired,and i urinate frequently. i was wondering if it was normal for someone to be spotting and still be pregnant and why is it only in the mornings when i first wake up?
I am an OB RN and mother of 3 children. I have also had 3 miscarriages myself. 1 that did not pass for 12 weeks (and I did not get infected) and 2 blighted ovums. My last blighted ovum 8/08 was tested genetically and had trisomy 16 which is not compatible with life. It was heartbreaking.
I am 6 weeks now and would love to have an ultrasound to see a heartbeat but after reading all the posts I am sure It would be the wrong thing to do. I have to whole-heartedly agree that it is too early and to wait until 8 weeks for sono to see heartbeats. Also I have a sister that had a lot of bleeding with 2 of her pregnancys and has 2 beautiful children. We were sure from her description that she was having a normal period amount of bleeding and yet on sono she had an amazing little heartbeat.
So my advice:
1.Wait for ultrasounds around 8 weeks if you want to certainly see the heartbeat.
2.If you dont see one, DO not automatically have a D/C. It can wait without infection for some time.
3.Have a repeat U/S at 9-10 weeks to confirm. Then make a decision.
4. Only a trans-vaginal ultrasound can detect a pregnancy in the early weeks with any amount of certantity.
5. That "black thing" is the gestational sac or Amniotic sac filled with the water or fluid the baby swims in. Sounds so weird to say "Black thing"!
I just learned that I was pg last monday. I took a blood test the next day is is was 500+. I then saw my ob on thursday and he said that I was 5 wks. On saturday I had small amount of spotting and went to the ER and they took blood and my HCG was 11,200 then on monday they did another and I got the results the same day (STAT). It was 22,000. i also had a sonogram internal, and there was a sac but no yoke and no baby. i had another sonogram on monday and still the same. Doc said that there was fluid either in the uterus or outside I can;t remember but, he said that I measured 5 wks. So, he said that I am not out of the woods yet he put me on prometriumn 200mg. this is for women who have low pro levels and will help to not have a mc. it says it will make you dizzy and they were right wow. but, hopefully this will help. Im 32 with my first baby, i have ulcerative colitis so i have cramping in stomach. i have been having a little more spotting hopefully that will go away. I will have my boold drawn on wensday and friday then my next u/s will be on monday. My thoughts and prayers for all of you.
im scared out of my mind,i hae a 2 1/2yr old little girl,we got pregnant when she was 6months old and i had a m/c. then we tried for another yr and finally got pregnant and i had another m/c! they did testing and found out i hae a blood cloting disorder so they put me on asprin&folic acid. we have tried for a yr and im finally pregnant!!!!!! i took a test sunday,its now monday and this am i went into the doctor becuz of the cloting disorder i wanted to get on the shots asap. i will hae to give myself injections in the belly while pregnant. they did a test there and confirmed im pregnant,but the ultra sound couldnt see anything,they took my blood and i will go back wed which is my 25thbday for the next bloodwork. doctor says it could be too early which im only 2 wks post conception,or tubal preg,or early miscarriage! it is ery ealr yand im trying to believe thats what it is but w my past im soooo scared. we concieved either the 28th or 30th of april. Please somebody give me adice,i have had the worst yr ever,my mom killed herself at xmas,i hae lost 2 babys and my 2 yr old had mrsa and had to hae surgery. all i want is this baby and good to happen to me! i know in my heart and in the research it is prob too early,any adice????
heyy im 8 weeks pregnant and had a ultra soung and didnt fina a fetal pole or a yolk sac or heartbeat. whats happening im so sad they want me to have a d&c done my hcg levels went from 36,609 to 36,452 and they said i was having a miscarrige..
Hi everyone, I am new at this site.. I have been reading everyones stories and its helped alot.. But here is what i am goin through.....
I am 6wks pregnant and went for my first ultrasound 5days ago. I had a vaginal u/s we seen everything but my baby's heat beat. The nurse said eveything was fine and looked great that is was just to early. That they dont usely don't see the heart beat till 6 1/2 wks - 8wks.. The doctor came  in and she was very cocky.. She said I hope you know you have had a miscarrige 2wks ago . That  I shouldn't hope for any progress beyond this point..That she would see me in wk and if anything hasn't changed she would send me for a d&c.. Here I am today 6wks and 5days no cramping no spotting no type of bleeding and none before my doctor visit..  My mom and everyone believes I am just to early that I am fine.. Even my family doctor said it was to early and that if I didnt have any bleeding or anything that I was fine... I go back to the doctor friday and I will be 7wks and 2days..  If nothing has changed I WILL NOT follow through with a d&c. I am gonna walk on faith.. :) I just hope I am doing the right thing and hope that I am not the only one going through this..                                                              
                               Thanks for all the time you have spent reading!!!
Hi, I kinda had a similar experience with my old doctor. (I've since switched). My first appt.(3.5wks) she told me the baby was ectopic.  Then the second time, (4.5wks) she said there was a fetal pole but nothing looked right to her and not to expect much progress, and my hcg was too low even tho she did ONE test at that point. Plus she had not detected a heartbeat yet. i had my hcg done again that day. She ordered an ultrasound and said I'm probably gonna lose the baby even tho I had NO cramps or spotting and I was extremely nauseated most of the day, my boobs were killing me, and I couldn't go more than 5 hours without a nap. She said she would order a d&c if nothing showed up on the u/s, but I never gave her the chance. I knew my baby was fine, I could feel it so to speak. The last appt I went to at that facility was the u/s. There the tech measured the baby at 5 wks 1 day and she said everything appeared to be fine.  That same day I had recieved my second hcg test result which proved my levels had been doubling every 30 hrs.  Soon after I found a new doctor. She told me everything looked fine except when they did the most recent u/s, the heartbeat was low, but that happens sometimes at only 6.5 wks. And my progesterone was low, so she gave me a prescription for a supplement.  I'll be 7 wks tomorrow and my symptoms are strong, no cramping or anything, and my next appt. is on monday 7/12. I have faith that my baby is just fine. In your situation, I believe you are just early too. Doctors tend to get a little over zealous with diagnosing pregnancy issues this early. You're making the right decision.  I have read so many posts where the doctors were wrong about what's going on.  Follow your body, because you know it better than any doctor claims to. And, maybe think about switching doctors.
i am also in the same boat i've been getting u/s for 3wks now this is my 2nd pregnancy but it will be my first baby i miscarried in Nov.2009 i am now 7wks 4dys and there is still now sign of a fetus. I've been to the ER twice,scared out my mind but they did nothing for me. i'm praying everything is fine and have another appt with a another doc so maybe at 8wks they can see something ...Thx for Reading Diamond
My last LMP is 28/06, on 02/08 i went for a check up, the gynae said she cannot see anything by using vaginal u/s as now i might be 4-5 weeks. then she suggested to test HCG. my HCG on 02/08 is 190 only, which is quite low. after 2 days (04/08), i have my another blood test, which was dropped to 180. the gynae advised that it could be m/c. i m so sad n worried. cos she asked me to wait for these few days to see whether any bleeding or not. if no bleeding, i need to visit her on 16/08 again. actually i am so sad n worried due to the result n her words.

on 09/08, i went to visit another gynae, he only used abdomen u/s to check, he also couldnt see anything yet. however, he said it might be too early for me at ard 5 weeks. my question is, how they count for the week?
and anyone has same experience as me? my hb asked me not to worry so much, as we might be too early for check up. but i m still worrying as my HCG level is so low as at 04/08.

but after reading the above posting, i really feel better as there r some encouragement. especially from "keara76, Jul 18, 2007". sometimes we know too much fr the tech, it makes us more anxious and we r not enjoying during the pregnancy. now there is nth i can do, but i really really hope my baby is fine and i can see him/her on the next appt.

pls advise me, if anyone has the similar experience or heard from other's experience.
today is not my day. i am miscarriage. i hope i can have a healthy baby for the next few mths. Wish all of u have a healthy baby soon.
Hello All!! Here's my story.... the first day of my last period was June 27th. From that, I was told I was 7 weeks pregnant. I started having a bit of dark brown discharge, called my nurse and she said everything was fine that it was normal and to only worry if it became "period-like". That evening I started bleeding with a bit of cramping. I went to the ER with my husband where my HCG level was 2082. The nurse and Dr didn't think I was 7 weeks along. I had an u/s done and they saw the sac, but nothing inside. They think it's either a blighted ovum (??) or I'm just too early for them to see anything. I'm still spotting and cramping, and have another appt on Friday for an u/s with my OBGYN. Has anyone had this happen? The bleeding and cramping at 3 weeks? I think that's where I am based on my HCG levels. Some say it's an "implantation bleed" but I'm just worried. This is our first pregnancy and it's hard to not worry. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks to all and I pray you each find the answers you are looking for!! God works miracles, and I'm hoping to have one growing in me! :)
I am new to the forum, I am now 6 weeks and 1 day. Last Thursday I experienced some spotting, for about five hours. Then stopped. Friday late afternoon, the bleeding started again. This time it was more like my period only lighter. Saturday I continued to bleed and my family took me to the hospital to have it checked out. I was very lucky. The ER doctor ordered an ultrasound, and we saw the baby, and the heart beat. The Ultrasound tech told me the baby had a strong heart beat and Iooked great. I was sent home on bed rest and to check with my Ob on monday. So today I called his office, I have yet to have my first appointment with him, but I explained what was going on, the nurse was going to call me back to see if I could be seen earlier. Later this afternoon the Doctor actually called me and told me that all of the tests from the ER came back and Baby looks great for being six weeks. I have nothing to worry about. I told him that I was still bleeding like I was having a light period, it just concerned me. He told me he would see me next Wensday, by then the bleeding should stop, and he would do an Ultrasound and do some other tests. He told me that if the bleeding got heavier, then my normal period to call his office and he would fit me in. I felt reassured by this. I have not had any miscarriages however, the bleeding concerns me.. It is nice to know I am not the only one whom has experienced the bleeding.. I have read so many posts were the outcome was not good.  To any one else whom is experience this, I understand how you feel. Stay positive. My prayers go out to all of you on this site. Thank you for contributing to this site, to let other women know they are not alone.. God bless
I went to the Dr. for my first visit yesterday. According to my last period I would have been 11 weeks to the day.  When the u/s was done they could only see the sac and nothing else.  The sac was measured at only 6 weeks.  I go back for more blood work to check my hcg levels tomorrow and tuesday for more blood work and another u/s.  We are hoping that it was just too soon to see anything.  We also wondering if maybe I got pregnant right before my period would have come along in Aug. making it so I would have missed it. Any insight for me.. We are doing our best to keep our hope up.  It is very hard to deal with it all..
i have just been for a second scan today as they were unsure if my pregnancy was progressing thank goodness for the positive outcome little bean is progressing well with a strong heartbeat.. however im only 6 weeks 3 days rather than the 8 weeks I thought I was but lil bean defo there... stay strong n try not to  stress as not good for u.. pray all goes well.
hey all, i went to the docs on mon and got sent for a scan as ive been havin rather bad pains and some brown discharge, when the woman had done the scan she looked at me and said im sorry its not good news she can see the sack but there is nothin in it i am about 8/9wks and my hormone levels are only 398 is that normal? got to go for another blood test today (weds)  i dont understand how they can be so low ive been being sick for weeks, my nipples are killing me and ive put half a stone on, im worried cus ive lost two babies and also lost my daughters twin at 17wks but i did have a beautiful little girl who is now four, ive been reading so many things over the last couple of days that i dont know wot to think, my other half doesnt know wot to do when the woman said that there was no baby there he couldnt even look t me then he left and went to stay with his parents is that even normal for a man to do?
i know he wants this baby as much as i do but i need his surport and when i try to talk to him he closes up. its 1am i carnt sleep, im tummy is killing me and ive still got discharge, any ideas any1 really need help xxx
I hate 50/50.   Is that about it?    Everything I read is both ways.  Don't worry or just tragic.     Ladies this is truly the hardest thing I can imagine.  I say so because I'm an expectant father and my wife just had her ultrasound today.     The math is all off except for what we think.    According to the ovulation meter thing my wife was using, she ovulated exactly 6 weeks ago.  According to lmp it's 8 weeks.   Today's ultra sound showed 5 w4 d.  By my math we are exactly right with our calculations and the ultrasound matches.    Going off lmp us kinda strange.    What I read on here makes it seem like it can go either way and it makes it tough to comfort my wife who is freaking out.   It's do hard for the husbands to be there.   We don't feel what you feel.   We don't have the emotions but I know all men do care and hope for the best.   I'm trying to stay calm and prepare my wife and myself for the worst.    It's not pessimism it's fear and protecting myself and my wife but it's taken as lack of caring which hurts and is now causing tension And stress inborn of us.    Hahaha!!!!!   This is absolutely the worst.    Long story short ladies, I think your man feels ya.    It's just the worst thing ever to wait and wait knowing it could go both ways on you.   Hang in there.   It will be ok.   Either way :)
This is my first pregnancy, I went to the  doctor yesterday and i had both types of ultrasound done vaginal and abdominal. My blood work and everything came out fine but the ultrasound showed no tail pole, just a tiny ball has he described it.  I am only 6wks but not really sure of my last period date and am very nervous that this could be a miscarrigae.. I have my next app thursday, is that to late to have my appoinment its the only one i could get at this time?
hello to everyone in here..i have the same delema as every woman in here.i had my last menstruation last april 19.and after month  that was may 19 i dont have any menstruation so i took a HPT and it was negative.i've waited another week to take another HPT and it has + sign but the line is not so visible..im still doubting so i took another test after 2 days and it was positive...but last couple of days i was experiencing pain in my lower right side abdomen and lower back pain in right side also.yesterday we went to the doctor and had a test for infections and transvaginal u/s but the doctor said that he cannot clearly see any signs of pregnancy and he suggested to take some blood test..im going to get my blood test result tomorrow.fingers crossed hoping nothings wrong with me...my husband and i are very worried of what could be posibly wrong.and im hoping that i am pregnant....Btw, its so nice to hear stories from you girls...that im not the only one in this sittuation. :) i hope you can help me.
I foundout i was pregnant last week and 4 days ago I started havin severe sharp pain I went to the hos. and they said my hcg was 3300 afterwards  they did a  u/s and said there is no baby.........I went back 3days latr (with mild to light bleeding which is sometimes brown in color)  my nxt hcg level went up to 4400...again  i did a u/s and this time i was told 3 different conclusions within 10mins....1st it was " theres no baby...2nd it was 'theres a sac but you are miscarring right now...and finally they said 'there is a baby but hes in my tubes which they rushed me to the er area to get ready for surgery.......I just have 1 question...R THESE DOCS INSANE OR IS IT REALLY ME....at least I have enough common sense to not trust ONE who is indecisive and inconsistent .......I'll be real honest ......I KNOW MY BODY and trust me i know you know yours too.....I did alittle eval and realized that sharp unbearable pain is GAS....YES PAINFUL BUTT KICKING GAS!.....AND THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF IT IS TO GET ON THE FLOOR ON YOUR HANDS AND KNEES AND ROCK BACK AND FOURTH UNTIL ITS RELEASED....AND THHIS WORKS TRUST ME....NEXT THE BLEEDING IS FROM EXCESS BLOOD WHICH IS CRADLING THE BABY...FOR YEARS IVE HAD IRREGULAR PERIODS WHICH KEPT ALOT OF BLOOD BACKUP ABD NOW THAT IM PREGNANT THE EXCESS IS NOW FORCE TO BE RELEASED.....AND LASTLY DO TO MY INITIAL PREG TEST..IAM 4WKS OR LESS WHICH MAKES MYFETUS HARD TO SEE MAINLY BCUZ I CARRY SMALL ANYWAY...I HAVE 2 BOYS AND  I DIDNOT SHOW WITH EITHER ONE UNTIL 7MTHS  BUT ITS TRUE SO COULD YOU IMAGINE LOOKING FOR A WK OLD FETUS ;0 GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO TRY :)  well anyway im going for a second opinion before my final decision....AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY .....THE DOCS MAY KNOW THE BIG MEDICAL TERMS ...BUT NO ONE TRULY KNOWS YOUR BODY LIKE YOUKNOW YOUR BODY...JUST EVALUATE THE SYMPTOMS ...EVALUATE WHAT GOES IN AND OUT ....AND ALWAYS STAY CALM  becuz stress does change your mind and body literally AND KILLS HUMANS AND EMBRYOS........And dont get me wrong you can trust doctors ONLY IF you can trust yourself first............................GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS @~
I never had a period after my child birth.  It has been 7 months & 3 weeks since I gave birth.   I started to have some nausea and went to check pregnancy, the result was positive.   Is there a way to know or guess the date of conception?  I had un ultrasound test 4 days ago but the doctor couldn’t see anything.    I am scared not to have a miscarriage.  
Hi there,

I just want to reassure you that things may be completely fine. I had a scan at 7 weeks from my LMP and it showed no heartbeat - just the yolk sack. I was asked to come back a week later, and spent the entire week worrying. However I had a scan yesterday and it shows everything is fine - I'm just a lot earlier than I had thought (6 weeks 4 days). So please be reassured that no heartbeat doesn't always mean no baby. Thinking of you.
So I got pregnant with my fourth baby. I went in thinking I was further along. They couldn't tell me how far along I was. Could only see what was maybe the beginning of the toll sack. Bloodwork showed somewhere over 18,000 for beta count. Two days later it had only went to over 21,000 came in for another scan they saw basically the same thing, but jumped me from being 7 weeks pregnant to 5 weeks in just 2 days apart. By Monday (3 days later) my beta was rising slightly. I went to a new Dr he did scan and said we will have to wait and see. Wind up at the hospital a few weeks ago they did ultrasound baby was 7 weeks they found they heartbeat and bloodwork was up to over 32,000 right after that my Dr did an ultrasound saw the heartbeat and till sack but couldn't see baby. He said we see the heartbeat don't worry. Heartbeat was 109 bpm. I went yesterday he said baby had only grown a little over an inch and couldn't find heartbeat. He said I will eventually miscarry and there is no hope. I can't accept this. And I don't understand this. I'm beyond heartbroken.
* yolk sack instead of toll and till. Sorry. Any info would be appreciative. I'm on Facebook under ***@**** plz add me
***@****
So now after yet another Dr no baby on scan and bloodwork was 64000 this time! They tell me I have a molar pregnancy and there may have never been a baby ;( words can't explain how upset I am! Sitting here now waiting to have surgery.
This is very hard. Had been trying to get pregnant for months and finally got an early positive. The same day I get a positive test I begin bleeding (was a Sat night). That Monday made a doctors appt and they did blood work Monday and Wed. Showed my HCG levels were fine and so we scheduled ultrasound at 6 weeks pregnant which was last Thurs. U/s showed  the sac but no baby and no heartbeat. Dr. said I was going to miscarry but she wanted to take my blood to confirm that my  HCG levels were more then likely dropping. Go home and cry all morning into the afernoon and then doctor calls informing me that I am still pregnant. My levels looked great. I go in for another ultrasound this Thurs and I am very scared, anxious, overwhelmed, and sad. I definitely feel pregnant. Clothes getting tight, breasts tender, nauseated every day, tired. I don't know what is going on. I have three beautiful, healthy children and I have never had something like this happen before. Will post outcome of appt. in two days.
Hi, I completely understand what your all going through.  I did 4 positive tests 6 weeks ago tomorrow which all showed 1 week pregnant.  I was called yesterday for my first uktrasound scan at what I thought was 10 weeks.  Should be 10 weeks judging by my last period,but I am very irregular.  I had a small show about 5 days before doing the tests.  I thougt it was my period but only lasted about a day.  
Hi I ve just been told the same thing.  I could be having a molar pregnancy.  Having hg levels tested again tomorrow.
I went for a follow up scan on Monday, but the pregnancy hasn't developed any further.  I had a d/c the same day.  We are devestated and trying to come to terms with our loss.  Its hard but I believe everything happens for a reason and we will pick ourselves up and try again.  I wish you all the very best in what you are all going through.  Us women are tougher than we give ourselves credit for.
i am the same way i went to the er because i had alot of pain they did to ultrasound  they said the couldnt see a baby but my blood work and urine test came out positive my doctor said it could be to early or it could be a miscarriage im so worried ive been wanting my second baby for 3 years now.
Hii..
M 8 wks preg bt i startd bleeding frm past 15 days..
Can any1 tell is this a major prblm...
M worried whether my baby will b normal..
I'm 8 weeks today, so I think going off of my LMP. I went to the doctor yesterday and had a transvaginal ultrasound. Doctor said he could see a sac, but no baby. I had a bunch of blood tests done, but haven't gotten the results yet. I'm a little worried! This is my 4th pregnancy and my other 3 I breezed through them. I am pretty petite even at 31, but just wondering if I am going to miscarry or could this just be because I tend to always measure smaller than I usually am? If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it! I go back to the doctor in a week.
I am 33 and have had two uncomplicated pregnancies which both babies are now 5 years old, not twins Irish twins which are 10 months and 28 days apart. After my youngest was born in Nov. 2008 I had a Mirena IUD inserted. I never had any periods with the IUD. I had it removed Aug. 14, 2013, no bleeding or cramping that night or any thing. I had symptoms as if I were pregnant then AF showed up on Sept. 14, 2013. It was a normal AF. Then in the beginning of Oct. 2013, my breast became sore and I was sensitive to smells. No morning sickness or anything. I got my BFP on 10/8-13 with the EPT. I had minor cramping 10/19 so went to ER they said I was 5wks and couldn't see anything due to being too early. Made my first OB appt. then he scheduled an US at 8.5wks I measured at 6wks 4 days which then they said it was a blighted ovum. No fetal pole present. We tested my HCG levels they were rising but slowly. SO we done another ultrasound 11-15 and still no change. They still say it's a blighted ovum. My concern is I would be 11wks today if it was a viable pregnancy but since it's not I haven't had any cramping since early Oct. when they said that was from implantation. To this day no cramping or bleeding. My next OB apt is 12/11/13 and hoping they get this figured out so we can start the new year fresh.
I thought i was 6 weeks and when i had my first transvaginal u/s there was no fetal pole either.. when i went back a week later the fetal pole was there and turns out im just a week behind what i had thought. Musy have ovulated later in my cycle.
I went and got an ultrasound done and they saw nothing.. I even went to the hospital and they diagnosed me with a misscarriage. My doctor had me do blood work and my hcg levels were going higher and higher everyday.. my doctor didnt really see anything till 7 weeks so u may be earlier than u think because I was off by about 3 weeks.. go get ur bkood work and that way u will be able to tell better. I wiukd wait another week for a vaginal ultrasound also. Good luck mama and u will be fine :)
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers