Pregnancy 18-24 Community
6 wks pregnant and no heartbeat
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

6 wks pregnant and no heartbeat

My last mp was 10/27/11. I went in on 12/21/11 for my first ultrasound and all she could see was an amniotic sac, no baby. It looked completely empty. She said either I was much earlier in my pregnancy than 7 wks 4 days or that it was a blighted ovum. My bloodwork that afternoon came back with high beta count and she said she was 90% sure that it was a blighted ovum, no baby??

I went back on 12/27/11 and the amniotic sac then had a yolk sac with a little smudge on the side. Dr said there was growth but she wasn't sure why my beta was so high.

Back again for a 3rd transvaginal ultrasound on 1/4/11 and there was now what she called a fetal pole. It seems the same as the crown rump that was mentioned in earlier posts. She said she measured it and I would've been about 6 weeks pregnant. Problem is there was no heartbeat detected.

I will go back again next Thursday. She says if we don't see a heartbeat by then it will be considered a lost pregnancy. What I don't understand is how can the baby still be growing but there be no heart? Should there be a heartbeat present already? Should I be concerned? If there is no heartbeat next week, should I wait another week just in case?

Thanks!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
This happened to me but later on.

I was about 7 weeks pregnant and told my doctor I felt off, that something was off. ( military doctor) they said I was fine at about 8 weeks I lost all my symptoms. I knew something was wrong yet the doctor would not do any testing..

At 12 weeks they tried to find a heartbeat on a Doppler. Nothing.
At 13 weeks same thing they couldn't find one on a Doppler
At week 14 they still couldn't so brought in a very small ultrasound.
Then same day sent me to another ultrasound. (big machine)

The baby had not been found. The sac etc was the size of a 14 week pregnancy. Fluid and all. I have had no bleeding at all...

They said to go home and wait. I did,

Week 16 still growing a belly. Then I went home to be with my mother.

After many doctors and appointments they set me up for a Dnc round 21 weeks... It was so har trying to find a doctor outside of my own to do it but I was getting an infection.. They did an ultra sound and I had a 21 week fluid and uterus and a 8 week baby at the bottom..
Blank
Also make sure YOU are satisfied before you do ANY surgerys or cleansing pills.
Blank
1806883_tn?1389046890
there are so many times that women go in for an u/s at 6wks and the heartbeat is not seen, try not to stress to much, by next week if you have a viable pregnancy you should be able to see the heartbeat, your ovulation may have been alot later during the cycle you concieved, this is not uncommon
Blank
290867_tn?1333572878
The heartbeat isnt always seen at 6 weeks. I didnt see my sons until I was 7.5 weeks and I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and 7.5. I was really upset as well. Dont worry just yet.
Blank
Yes they told me the same my doc did an us and found a slight heartbeat went back and my baby heartbeat was 169 don't give up there is hope
Blank
Thank you all for your responses. I feel a little bit better. Hopefully things will work out for the best.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...