Pregnancy 18-24 Community
6yr old girl talking about killing?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

6yr old girl talking about killing?

Ok so my boyfriend has a daughter that is almost 7. When she was 4 she told my boyfriends friend that she was going to cut his head off, then at 6 she told him that she was going to cut him in half and when her daddy came home she would blame it on me. Well she lives with her mom in a different state and her mom is pregnant too (a week ahead of me, I'm 31w). Well cps got called on her mom because their daughter is threatening to kill her moms baby.... so we might get custody.... Am I wrong for being stressed and worried, and not really wanting my boyfriend to have custody? I honestly believe the child has problems based on other things too... I'm scared for my unborn son... Am I wrong for this? How do I talk to my boyfriend about my concerns? If we get custody I atleast want her getting help like therapy or something...
Pray on it...that child needs JESUS take her to get evaluated
She is most likely picking up her behaviour from someone in her life. Her mom may not be giving her much attention with her getting towards the end of her pregnancy and the child is feeling jelousy of the baby. If you do end up getting custody I would take her to a threapst and she'll obviously need to feel loved. It'll be hard with a new baby on the way. I don't think you should be scared for your baby, just don't leave the girl alone with him until you feel she is stable.
See the weird thing is she seems like a sweet girl most of the time. She absolutely loves her church and is the one to make sure she doesnt miss a day, she is also very involved with her church, she does all the children activities and is in the choir. but she lives a very stressed filled life.
She's deff old enough to understand and not just repeat what she hears, so I can imagine how disturbing that is..cps or the judge may want her evaluated because of the threat to her mom, so you may not have to bring it up, but if it's a battle in court then you can say you believe she is mentally disturbed(find a btr way to put that) for whatever is going on/has gone on over her mother's and then they should do an evaluation before granting custody to anyone. The courts will prlly make whoever wins keep her in therapy for a while and if hubby gets upset you said that, you can say either exactly how you feel or thought it'd help win the case bc she's making threats while under her mother's care.
That little girl needs help that the mother and who ever else is around isn't giving her. She's just acting out. The cutting in half and chopping heads off sounds like it was picked up from a video game or someone she was exposed to. Little kids don't just think like that, they're taught it from the actions and words they hear and see.
She certainly needs some specialist help I think...but more to the point where is she hearing things like that? Does her mother let her watch programmes or talk to her about things like that? Would she even be placed with you after making comments about a baby when you are in exactly the same position? I think you need to have a chat with your man about having her needs assessed properly, dont flat out refuse to have her or it may cause tension between you, but definitely voice your concerns and outline conditions on having her. Perhaps you could look into respite care if you do end up with her, I'm sure if she is found to have some kind of needs then this could be arranged easily to give you some time with your other child. I think she certainly needs to be assessed to find out where this behaviour is stemming from, if her mother has let her away with watching/hearing inappropriate material then maybe your house would be the best place for her, and if it is some kind of mental problem then she needs help, sooner rather than later. What a shame for all concerned, my heart goes out to you and your family x
Thank you for all your replies, I really needed someone to talk to this about and dont really have anyone. Please keep her in your prayers for me, I love her so much, I just worry about her alot!