Pregnancy 18-24 Community
7 weeks and bleeding for 30 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

7 weeks and bleeding for 30 days

I am 7 weeks pregnant.  I have been bleeding for 30 days now, and at times, I will pass clots.  I've had three ultrasounds already, the second showed at heart beat at 77 bpm, the third at 99 bpm and I have a fourth this week.  Not to mention, my gestational sac is not growing but the baby is still there and with a heart beat.  I am constantly told that I will miscarry.  I have come to terms with the fact that there is a great chance that I am going to lose my baby soon.  I hate that I have to wait.  If this pregnancy is going to be terminated, why can't it just hurry and come out now instead of putting me through heart ache?  I don't want my baby to continue growing and then I miscarry.  I would really like to have a healthy baby.  Does anyone have a miracle story?  Maybe it will give me hope and faith.
i am sorry your going through this. i bled for months through my other pregnancy and they kept telling me i would miscarry.actualy they told me once that i did miscarry, a week later i went back and there was still a heart beat..anyway after months of constant bleeding i demanded to see a specialist,she told me i had been carrying twins and lost one.the other was healty.i bled right up till the end of the pregnancy. i dont want to get your hopes up either but just try to stay positive and plenty of bed rest. good luck x
During my last pregnancy I started bleeding at 5 weeks. Worse then a period with clots and all that jazz. I was told that I was most likely going to miscarry. I bled like that almost every day for 5 weeks and then at week 10 it just stopped completely. One day I was bleeding and the next I wasn't. Turns out my bleeding was from a subchorionic hematoma that was behind the sac. I now have a healthy 2 year old daughter to show for it. I know that when you bleed in pregnancy that it is EXTREMELY scary and that the uncertainty is heartbreaking, but you're little one has held on so far. I wouldn't loose faith yet.
I really appreciate your response.  Maybe there is hope.  If I don't get through this bleeding and low heart rate by week 12, i will schedule myself for a specialist.  I have good enough insurance to schedule it myself.  Thank you.  I was beginning to lose hope.
Thank you.  What was making this even more difficult was that I just lost my 33 year old best friend two weeks ago.  She passed away and was the only person who knew about my pregnancy and my complications.  she is gone now.  I am taking her death really hard.  On top of my friend's death, my doctor tells me I am going to lose this baby eventually.  I am so heartbroken and trust no one else to talk to.  did your baby have a low heart rate?  and my sac is not growing.  I'll try and keep the faith.  thank you.
First time I saw the heart beat was at like 6w1d and it was only at like 85 bpm. My doctor told me that usually when it first starts beating its slower and then picks up in the following weeks. By week 10 it was like 170 bpm.
I am actually suppose to be about 8 weeks now, according to my last menstrual period.  But, my periods were not normal.  and my baby is measuring smalller, about 7 weeks now.  Your story gives me a little hope.  Thanks again.
Babies can measure a week off in early ultrasounds. My first ultrasound she was a week behind, next one she was like a week ahead and then the last one she was right on schedule.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers