Pregnancy 18-24 Community
7wks 5 days (NO HEARTBEAT) Help !

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

7wks 5 days (NO HEARTBEAT) Help !

So today i went to my OB/GYN cus i felt flu like symptoms and da dr. decided to give me an internal ultrasound....he said da size of da baby wasnt the size it should have been and he also said that there wasnt no heartbeat.....n he also said that i would either eventually miscarry or the calculations of how far long i am were wrong. My last period was September 7,2011 but i had implantation bleeding on October 8th . This is really getting the best of me can i really be less weeks since i had implantation bleeding on the 8th of Oct. ?.... Or is it normal not to hear you bbys heartbeat at 8wks....cs ive heard that some females dont hear their babys heartbeat till ike 12 weeks long. I dont wanna lose faith i really wanna have this baby .
@nickels like i said every women is different. Not one pregnancy is the same, and none of us are drs, I am a studying nurse but im not her baby.  im also on my third pregnancy. @ pleasant like i said blood tests and a 2nd ultrsound would be your best bet, the dr needs to measure your baby and they need to watch your levels to see if theyre dropping or getting higher.
It is normal just think positive. How many weeks did the doctor say you were?
you cant hear a heart beat till around 14 weeks but from 5-6 weeks they should be able to see a heart beat at ultrasound.. i thought i had implantion bledding also but turns out it wasnt it was just spotting and i dont know why it happened.. kos i got preg after that. when i went for my 1st ultrasound dating to my last period i was 10 weeks 4 days turns out i was only 6 weeks there was a heart beat visable if your babies small id say your not as far as u think you are and if theres no heart beat viseable it could be your just to early to see it. stay postive go back in a few weeks and be checked again. have you had any bleeding?
a couple weeks when i went i ws  5w1d n i bn keepin track of my weeks which makes me 7w5d now. but now that i am thinkin about it since i had implantation bleedin on da 8th of Oct countin to today wouldnt i b 4 weeks ?
That's not true @ leesha you can hear a heartbeat at 8 weeks. @pleasant maybe that was not implantation bleeding. Sometimes women can spot during pregnancy for many reasons. If this is a worry to you I would def get a second opinion to put your mind at ease.
wen they date back to period dates your conception date is 2 weeks after that kos they add 2 weeks. also sperm lives inside a womens body for 7 days im 11 weeks 1 day today due may 28th 2012 i had wat i thought was implantion bleeding on 24/07/11 was 4 days late for my period nd got a very light spotting wen i found out i should have been 10 weeks ish.. i went in for a scan the dr measured my baby due to what it should measure at how many weeks and worked out i was only 6 which makes my conception date 05/09 (i think) i had sex the week before so the sperm oviously took there time. did ur dr measure ur baby?
hear in new zealand dr and midwifes say you can not hear a heart beat until around 14 weeks proven 3 times now with my own pregnancies every one is different as no pregnancy is the same. some women dont hear a heart beat properly until around 20 weeks it all depends on the baby

Fetal Heart Development
Early in the fifth week of pregnancy, your baby's heart begins to form. Your baby's heart will start beating at 22 or 23 days post-conception, which is during the fifth week of your pregnancy. However, your baby's heart is too small at this point and doesn't generate enough sound waves to be audible, even when amplified by the use of medical equipment.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/222695-how-early-can-you-hear-the-heartbeat-of-a-baby/#ixzz1d4HPvOco
I agree, how do you know you had implantation bleeding? Very few women ever do, and it's hardly noticeable when they DO have it. There are dozens of reasons to spot beyond implantation bleeding and a period.
I understand what they say in New Zealand but that is not correct this is my third pregnancy my other two I heard heart beats at 8 weeks very strong and clear. I sure that article says 14 weeks but that is not correct. I have many other friends that heard around or before that time also. 8 weeks is normally when they check those in the United States.
i would suggest some blood tests to check your levels..
the dr at ultrasound should have measured your baby if they were concerned about heart beat and age. age and size of a baby has a huge impact on what should be there and what shouldnt. Every women and there baby is different in things happening at different times but if you bleed in oct i would say you are only a few weeks preg which is to early to hear and most of the time to see a heart beat
It also depends on HOW they're attempting to find the HB--if it's with a Doppler, you'll likely not hear it till much later. We couldn't hear my daughters till I was 16 weeks. With an internal ultrasound it is possible to hear it as early as 6 weeks. It just depends on a lot of things.

Overall HEARING the heartbeat is NOT important. It's far more important to SEE the heartbeat.
From my personal experience, I heard my daughter's heartbeat via ultrasound at 6 weeks. I also have a retroverted uterus, which was also confirmed on the ultrasound. I could not hear her heartbeat with the doppler until 16 weeks due to the retroverted uterus, but it was audibly detected by the ultrasound ten weeks prior. Her heartbeat at 6 weeks was 124.

Anyways, are you sure what you had was implantation bleeding? It really sounds like it could just be that your dates are off and you aren't as far along as you think you are. This happened to my sister in law. She had an 'off' period, and assumed that she had gotten pregnant then, when in reality she was an entire month behind because she mistook that period for implantation bleeding. I would wait a week or two and have a repeat ultrasound and see what they say. In two weeks time you should definitely be able to see a difference in growth.
@ leesha that is true, but I'm just letting you know that your statement about not being able to hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks is not true. All women are different and babies at that but to say you can not hear it at 8 months isn't true. I just didn't want anyone reading that thinking that they won't hear a heart beat till 14 weeks. This is why doctors and midwives give us a range.
I had an internal ultrasound at 8 weeks and didn't see a heartbeat but finally did at 10 weeks. Don't stress too much.
i say that what i had might of bn implantation bleeding because 3-4 days before i blead i did a HPT n it ws negative den when i blead that one day i tested the day after and it ws Positive. n ppl do say dt once u have implantational bleeding to test after and u bound to get that positive test .
alot of women get concerned between 6-12 weeks if they cant hear a baby i work at the hospital as a registra as i previously worked in a medical centre. i see this all the time. if you were 8 weeks yes they should see a heart beat at a ultrasound, but theres many causes this may not happen like gestional age being wrong  and not being far enough along. heart beat being viseable usually is about 5 weeks . they do say here that it is normal for most women to not hear a heart beat until 14 weeks they say this so people dont freak out when its not needed, but there should be a heart beat viseable at the least. It also depends how they are trying to hear the heart beat.
Some people mistake implantion bleeding for a period thats not its normal self i did it myself. it is very hard to tell some time s almost impossible.
Every womens baby devolps differently and at different stages. I would not stress out about it until you have had futher testing
im not streesin it...im being very patient...What did ur doctors tell you when they ddnt see da heartbeat ?
i have seen a heart beat at all ultrasounds for all three pregnancys. 1st preg didnt hear a heart beat till 14 weeks i didnt find out till 11 weeks scan was 11 weeks 1 day heart beat viseable,  2nd preg didnt hear heart beat until 15 weeks found out i was preg at 12 weeks 2 days had scan same day heart beat viseable but not heard. 3rd pregnancy i am now 11 weeks 1 day 1st scan was 6 weeks hear beat was viseable and i am getting a faint hearing of heart beat on midwife fetal doppler. so proven there every pregancy is different. if you are 5 weeks you should be seeing a heart beat some women dont but u need futher testing
Hi I am an RN working in NY state and I can tell you this. You can absolutely see a heartbeat via u/s at as little as 6 weeks and will absolutely be able to hear a heart beat via Doppler at as early as 8 weeks.  If you are earlier in your pregnancy than originally predicted by your lmp then your Dr should of done measurements via u/s and told you your new due date. I would call and ask your Dr because usually when ur that early that's the reason for the u/s anyway and I can't imagine they didn't get measurements. Good luck and hope everything works out.
hi, i can tell you from MY OWN EXPERIENCE (im am not a nurse or doctor) that in the early weeks the baby is so small that it can be hard to see. also, it completely depends on the equipment being used and the skill level of the technician. at just over 5 weeks i had an U/S they saw only a gestational sac, which worried me, but when i went back at 8 weeks we saw the baby AND a heartbeat.

truly: your dates could be just be off. i'd ask for a repeat ultraround in a week or so. good luck hun, and try not to worry!
Did you have an ultrasound at 5w1d? How did they date that?
I have not heard any of my boys hb by Doppler until 12 or so weeks. My doctor says via Doppler it's very very very hard to hear it much earlier. It really depends but I am going to tell you don't be nervous and try to relax... I know it's hard. Everyone is different and most doctors won't even try to hear until 10 weeks. I did see the heartbeat via ultrasound at 7 weeks but it was hard to see so please don't worry too much just yet.
I heard my babies hb loud and clear at 10 wks but before the doctor did it he said there was only a 50% chance of hearing it
iya hun, i wouldnt worry too much this happened to a friend of mine just make sure there doing your bloods to test your horemone levels and they should book you in for another internal at a later date just incase you did get the dates wrong... remember the day of your last period isnt 100% accurate as every woman is differant you may have ovulated late try to stay stress free because the early weeks are important. hope everything turns out ok..
hey everyone i got another Vag. U/S . frm a Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctor one of the best here in Philadelphia . and he gave me a report paper to give to my ob/gyn. this is wat he wrote .

An irregular gestational sac was documentented . A smaller then expected fetal pole was noted, Cardiac motion was not observed. Yolk sac was seen, measuring 0.7 x 0.7 cm, the Amnion was also documented . Ges. Age is 5 weeks 5 days 0.4 cm c/w . YS is large & GS was irregular.

He also said that he did not want to miss diagnose me as far as the miscarryin goes & that i was not 8 weeks long pregnant but instead 5w5d goin by da babys measurments . Now as far as the Yolk Sac being large this scares me because twins run in my family my mom have twins cousins , she also had twins and my oldest brother had triplets .

and what i also did was counted from the last day i spotted in October and counted up to now and its giving me 5 weeks and days so maybe my my ob/gyn aint right about my time in. i go for another U/s Monday at my Ob/gyn and i gota give dem da report as well so that they can compare and also see if the baby grew any since my last REAL u/s frm da Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctor. i hope everything goes good . I not stressed out or anything i just want things to be fine . I will kepp you all posted .
In the very first ultrasound you had, was a fetal pole present and the sacs? Or was there just one or the other.
A large yolk sac does not usually mean twins...it's an entirely different meaning, and a large yolk sac can be a bad indication. If they saw one fetal pole, most likely it's just the one baby. Since you're 5w5d he isn't going to say yay or nay on the miscarriage because the baby's heartbeat could well appear sometime soon, but between the large yolk sac and the irregular gestational sac, I personally would prepare for a miscarriage, but don't lose all hope.

Sometimes these babies can surprise you, and I surely hope that's the case! Best of luck I'll be looking forward to your update on monday and hoping that there's a heartbeat and the irregularities have resolved!
i believe der ws js a sac on my first ultrasound.
You cant hear the heartbeat until about 12 or 13 weeks with the doppler. If the Dr did a vaginal ultrasound they can hear the heartbeat that way. I had one at 7w4d and heard the heartbeat then.
Hey everyone i went today for my ultrasound and i am so sick of this doctor seriously . He couldnt explain why there was two rings in my sac. i was very clear to see...he could not explain the only thing that he could explain was that i was gonna miscarry thats all . they measured the baby and measured 6 weeks 1 day . With there being 2 rings in da sac and da GS being big/irregular....Shouldnt that indicated more den one baby oh and not to mention my HCG was 38,000 . I starting to get sick over all this sh** . i dont know weather to get the D&C or just wait atleast another 2 weeks . uggh im so over it .
DONT get a d&c usually 2 rings would indicate an identical twin pregnancy, just wait it out, wait the 2 weeks !!
Your HCG is high, your baby is developing, and you're still in early stages, as said said, DO NOT get the d&c please!
I'd wait the 2 weeks as well!
im in the same boat  im not sure what to think my levels were high and then dropped  a little not drastic but still aconcern with dr andmy last sono and im not even sure exactly how far long iam its getting so confusing  i waas also told in some words  miscarry or dnc im going for another sono tomorow to see if anything shows up im not sure what is going to happen but the same way im feeling is mad sad and just want things to happen or not  im on a emotional roller coaster and  i hate it   im just wondering if there is hope   but im so glad i found this sight i dont feel alone  and i wish everyone the best of luck
wait it out, i had a scan at 5.5 weeks that only showed a sac went back two weeks later and their my beanie was xx
Just want to let you know that the double ring is not a sign of twins. It is called a dicidual sign and indicates the two layers of a gestational sac. It usually appears around 5-6 weeks gestation. It is my understanding that this is actually visible before a yolk sac and is used when differentiating a true gest sac from pseudosac
You may be right but I read the comment as two seperate rings inside the sack, I have seen an ultrasound picture of identical twins and you can clearly see  two seperate small rings sitting inside the sack, couple this with her very high hcg reading and a large gestational sack, either way, the comment of not having a d&c still stands as two weeks would make all the differnce with another ultrasound