PREGNANCY 18-24
COMMUNITY
8 Weeks pregnant Fetus with no heartbeat
by ourporsche, Jul 25, 2003
My last period was May 29th, which makes me 8 wks pregnant, I'm spotting since saturday a light brown color, I went to the dr on Tuesday July 22 and did a u/s you could see the fetus, but the doctor says there is no heartbeat.  

He said to wait that I would eventually miscarriage sometime in the next couple of days. I don't know what to believe, I don't have any cramping only once in a while a little pain. This is my second miscarriage in one year.

I have an appoitment on July 31st, he said if I didn't miscarriage by this day, he will give me something that will make me miscarriage in 24 hrs.

My hubby and I are very upset but optimistic that maybe since I was only 7 weeks the heartbeat will be found in my 8 or 9 week

I don't know if I should tell him that I want another u/s.

Please help me.
Member Comments (214)
by Anxious Alicia, Jul 25, 2003
I'm sorry for anyone who has to hear such bad news.  As I understand it (I'm not a Dr.) you should see fetal heartbeat no later than 6 wks. Are you absolutely sure you're 8 wks?  (I was 2 1/2 weeks off when I found out myself).  Don't lose heart dear, the strength in our hearts is our most valuable asset.  Take some time to relax and get comfortable, trust that God will be there for you no matter what.
by ourporsche, Jul 25, 2003
Thank you for your kind words. My lmp was May 29 that I'm sure of.  I'm praying to God that everything turn out for the best of the Baby and our family.

Thank you again.
Bel
by tassiedevil63, Jul 25, 2003
do not lose faith girl...going through same thing  at what they told me was 6 weeks pregnancy i had a non viable pregnancy yet i knew i was only 4 weeks but they wouldnt listen...that was my second us as i had one a weeks before  showing 4 egg sacks all conceived naturally...they told me there was a sack but no baby and my body would throw itself itno a period within few days...i worried so much yes i started bleeding and passed clots but thing is its just over 2 weeks since now and  im positive im still pregnant ....i have all the symptoms still and they r getting stronger sickness tiredness tingling breasts heavy feeling in tummy if i do to much and most of all they told me if i do a preg test 2 weeks after the so called miscarriage it would show up negative deff ...well i did one last thursday and i still got a faint positive line..prolly would have been darker if i used morning pee but i idnt ...so ill cross fingers for both of us ok xxx karen
by msklarr, Jul 26, 2003
Definitly ask for another u/s before any d&c or pill is carried out. Doctors have been wrong. I hope everything works out.
by msklarr, Jul 28, 2003
Very good desicion,and if he refuses find another doctor. He should have no problem with checking once again to avoid a terrible missdiagnosis (if that is the case)...Good luck.
by ourporsche, Jul 28, 2003
Hi Guys:
Today is Monday and nothing yet no miscarriage and still have morning sickness, heartburn and very tired.  I don't understand what is going on, but I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to request another u/s.  Just to make sure what he told me first is correct. Then will take it from there.

Thanks for your responses, I will keep you posted.
Bel
by Anxious Alicia, Jul 29, 2003
Best of luck, I hope things go well for you.
by ourporsche, Jul 31, 2003
Hi everyone, I was at the doctors today, they did another u/s, and there was no heartbeat.  So tomorrow I'm going for a prostin termination. Is something they put inside your vagina and I will abort within 24 hrs.  My doctor told me I could have a d&c or this prosting termination.  I don't know which one to do.  Everyone has there own opinion....

Please advise, I'm desperate.
thanks
Bel
by ourporsche, Aug 03, 2003
Is me Bel...It's Sunday and I miscarriage on Friday night. I did the prostin termination, it was not painful the pains came later it was like I was giving birth.....

Today I feel ok, little cramping here and there. I was able to get all the tissue in a bottle they gave me at the hospital, so they can studied and hopefully find out what is wrong.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I will keep you posted on what is going on....

Bel