Pregnancy 18-24 Community
8 Weeks pregnant Fetus with no heartbeat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

My last period was May 29th, which makes me 8 wks pregnant, I'm spotting since saturday a light brown color, I went to the dr on Tuesday July 22 and did a u/s you could see the fetus, but the doctor says there is no heartbeat.  

He said to wait that I would eventually miscarriage sometime in the next couple of days. I don't know what to believe, I don't have any cramping only once in a while a little pain. This is my second miscarriage in one year.

I have an appoitment on July 31st, he said if I didn't miscarriage by this day, he will give me something that will make me miscarriage in 24 hrs.

My hubby and I are very upset but optimistic that maybe since I was only 7 weeks the heartbeat will be found in my 8 or 9 week

I don't know if I should tell him that I want another u/s.

Please help me.
Viewing 1-200 comments:
I'm sorry for anyone who has to hear such bad news.  As I understand it (I'm not a Dr.) you should see fetal heartbeat no later than 6 wks. Are you absolutely sure you're 8 wks?  (I was 2 1/2 weeks off when I found out myself).  Don't lose heart dear, the strength in our hearts is our most valuable asset.  Take some time to relax and get comfortable, trust that God will be there for you no matter what.
Thank you for your kind words. My lmp was May 29 that I'm sure of.  I'm praying to God that everything turn out for the best of the Baby and our family.

Thank you again.
Bel
do not lose faith girl...going through same thing  at what they told me was 6 weeks pregnancy i had a non viable pregnancy yet i knew i was only 4 weeks but they wouldnt listen...that was my second us as i had one a weeks before  showing 4 egg sacks all conceived naturally...they told me there was a sack but no baby and my body would throw itself itno a period within few days...i worried so much yes i started bleeding and passed clots but thing is its just over 2 weeks since now and  im positive im still pregnant ....i have all the symptoms still and they r getting stronger sickness tiredness tingling breasts heavy feeling in tummy if i do to much and most of all they told me if i do a preg test 2 weeks after the so called miscarriage it would show up negative deff ...well i did one last thursday and i still got a faint positive line..prolly would have been darker if i used morning pee but i idnt ...so ill cross fingers for both of us ok xxx karen
Definitly ask for another u/s before any d&c or pill is carried out. Doctors have been wrong. I hope everything works out.
Hi Guys:
Today is Monday and nothing yet no miscarriage and still have morning sickness, heartburn and very tired.  I don't understand what is going on, but I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to request another u/s.  Just to make sure what he told me first is correct. Then will take it from there.

Thanks for your responses, I will keep you posted.
Bel
Very good desicion,and if he refuses find another doctor. He should have no problem with checking once again to avoid a terrible missdiagnosis (if that is the case)...Good luck.
Best of luck, I hope things go well for you.
Hi everyone, I was at the doctors today, they did another u/s, and there was no heartbeat.  So tomorrow I'm going for a prostin termination. Is something they put inside your vagina and I will abort within 24 hrs.  My doctor told me I could have a d&c or this prosting termination.  I don't know which one to do.  Everyone has there own opinion....

Please advise, I'm desperate.
thanks
Bel
Is me Bel...It's Sunday and I miscarriage on Friday night. I did the prostin termination, it was not painful the pains came later it was like I was giving birth.....

Today I feel ok, little cramping here and there. I was able to get all the tissue in a bottle they gave me at the hospital, so they can studied and hopefully find out what is wrong.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I will keep you posted on what is going on....

Bel

I would like to know how things are going with you? I'm presently 5 weeks pregnant. I had an u/s done yesterday and the doctor told me that my fetal is not as big as it should be, he suggests that I have a second u/s done in 1-2 weeks. In the meantime I don't know how to feel. I want to stay positive put another part of me feels that I should be prepared for the worse.
Stay positive don't think of the worse you are only 5 wks I think that is too early for anything the heartbeat should be there by the time you go for the next u/s.

I was positive until the second u/s, I never thought this would happen to me twice, but I have faith that everything will be fine next time I get pregnant.

you are in my prayers, keep in touch.
Bel
Thank you soooooooooo much, your words made my day. When you miscarried did you feel "not pregnant anymore?" In other words did your body tell you that you were no longer pregnant?
Yes, after I miscarriage I didn't feel pregnant anymore, no more morning sickness, heartburn,etc.  My first miscarriage I didn't feel pregnant even before I miscarriage.  But just think how you feel not everyone feels the same, I know there is people who dont have any pregnancy symptoms and they are.

YOu got 2 weeks before your ultrasound just relax, try to be off your feet as much as you can, dont carry anything heavy, and think positive everything will be fine.

Please keep me posted of how you are feeling.

Good luck
Bel
thank you so much for your kind words-
ourporche
I Everyone.  I am 21 years and on the 12th of August I found out that I was pregnant, however my last Period was on the 15th of July, that would make me about 6-7 weeks pregnant, however on the 21st of August I started bleeding and I went to the hospital and they done an internal scan.  I was told that there was a small baby sac there.  I went back to the hospital yesterday the 02nd of September and once again I was told that there is a baby sac but that it should be bigger than 4mm.  They then took blood to check the pregnancy hormone levels.  I have to return back to the hospital tomorrow for more tests and if there hasn't been an increase in the hormone I was told that the pregnancy has stopped developing.  Please help I dont know what to think.  Also I suffer with indometriosis so my periods are very irregular.  The doctor told me that the size of the sac is only the size of a 4.5 week pregnancy.  Might I be only that far along???
Hi, I am new to this. I found out 3 weeks ago I was preg by a home preg test. I went to the DR on Tues. By my calculation, I would be 7 wks. He did an U/S, and said that it was too small,and there was no sac, and possibly be M/C. He did a beta ct. to find out my levels and told me to came back fri. I went back to have another U/S, the blood levels were good, whatever that means, and the other U/S showed the yolk sac, and measured to be 5 wks. There was no heartbeat. I am to go back next Thurs. I am very nervous. I also found out I have a yeast infect. The DR gave me meds for it, and told me that it may cause me to have a M/C, and since I was at risk of one anyway, not to blame it on the meds if I do. I am not sure what to think or do. I am afraid to take the meds. I am already on blood pressure meds. If you have any info to help....PLEASE RESPOND....
im haveing the same problome but  the  obgyn  told me that there has be erros before and that they might of just not found it but that the heart beat might be there im so scerd to losse my baby but dont know what am i going to  do she also told me that if i did have a miscareege that all the fluids will come out on there own that there was no need to go to the doctor  for it  becus all will come out naturly  i dont know if all this is true but scears me  to think my baby wont make it
My second pregnancy I was told that there was no heartbeat and I would miscarry.  Ultrasound dating measured the baby at 8 weeks and so no heartbeat at that time meant to the doctor that the baby was not forming.  Guess what?  My son is now 10 years old.  If I would have taken an abortive pill I would have ended a life.

Please consider that medical science is not perfect and there is no reason to make a rash decision unless it is eptopic and the woman's life is in danger.  Slow down and wait.  
dear momwisdom, is it true for you for what you told? It have given me so much hope.  I am now in the same position, when i was 6 week pregnant, i did  a u/s they found healthy heart beart. but last week i was eight week pregnanct and did another u/s.  the dr could not find heart beat and told me that i miscarried. I was given few options for miscarry. But I am very doubt about the result as I did not feel any thing wrong. No bleeding, no spotting and still feeling very pregnant. Then I requested for another u/ss tomorrow and i hope that they made mistake. please tell me more in details about your experience. it is a matter to save a life. many many thanks from Lily
Good luck tomorrow on the appointment.  I would not let them push you into a fast decision about doing anything to try to end a pregnancy if you are not certain it is over.  You will know soon enough, and getting another scan is a good idea.
Thank you all for your comments.  They have shed some hope into our situation.  We just came back from the u/s and Dr could not find a heartbeat after 9wks.  The fetus looked exactly as it should (according to a weekly progress book we purchased).  The Dr. asked for the termination but we will have a second opinion before we decide.  We are having a hard time accepting this outcome, at this point we still have hope.  As hard as it may be we think we know the end of the story.  God bless.
I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive and the same day I started to bleed.
I went to the doctor and they took hormone levels and they seemed low.
I go again tomorrow for another count.
I am passing a good amount of blood and am very afraid that I have already lost the baby.
I don't know what to think.
When I was pg with my son I was having some cramping, and went to teh hospital. They couldnt find the heartbeat either. I was terrified, thankfully they seen him move(otherwise I prolly would have lost my mind.) But he is now a happy healthy 5 year old.
I am 9 weeks pregnant, and went to get a sonogram on yesterday.  The Dr. told me that he can see the yolk sack, but no fetus; however, he said my hormone level is increasing.  I go back next Tuesday to do a follow up. I already had 3 miscarriages, and found out I had type 2 diabetes last week.  I'm not sure if that's the cause, but I've been controlling my sugar.  I'm hoping and praying that, the Dr. is wrong, because it's our desire to have a baby.  Only time will tell, and God knows what's best for us.  Please readers, keep me and my family in your prayers, and I will do the same for you.

Mrs. WFC
I enjoyed reading about your experience and do hope that I will have the same outcome.  My LMP was June 17 and as of today I should be about 8 weeks 4 days pregnant.  I have had numerous u/s since I found out that I was pregnant on July 15.  I am seeing a whole group of doctors and I just love how each one of them has had an opinion.  First, they said the sack was too small, and they wanted to repeat hcg and progesterone levels.  When the levels came back they said they were too high. Another u/s.  Then another repeat 2 weeks later......Now, today, I went back in for another u/s, and they couldn't find a heartbeat as of yet.  The fetus has a pole and measures 6 weeks 2 days.  After reading about others in my situation or similiar situation, its seems that the fetus could still be viable....Some women say that they have been 9 weeks or so before a heartbeat was detected.  Well, I would appreciated it if anyone out there has any advise.  My doctors say just wait and see what happens.  Although I still feel very pregnant, with no signs of miscarraige (miscarriage)...I still feel like I am on a ulitmate merry-go-round and would love to have another opionion...HELP  Thank you, and I wish all the best to everyone out there.
so happy to found others out there in the same boat as me. I just had my 8 week appt today.  they did an u/s and it came back with no heartbeat and measured at only 6.5 weeks.  They are saying the preganancy has stopped progressing.  this is my 2nd failed (maybe?) preganancy this year (i miscarried at 6 weeks with a blighted ovum in mid Feb 2007).  

I'm not sure what to do. i am not bleeding and have no cramping. i still feel pregnant (swollen/tingling breasts, bloated, tired) so i'm not feeling like this isn't a viable pregnancy.  they have me scheduled for a D&C on Friday morning....and another u/s on THursday afternoon.  HELP. any advice out there???  do i wait another week to see what happens and have another u/s or just go ahead with everything this week?
every women is in my thoughts and prayers.NO ONE should have to endure so much heartache and pain! im going through similar situations has some of you. i had ivf. we did transfer on july 9th. im thinking im about 6 weeks the doc is telling me im 8 wks. i had my first u/s done 2 weeks ago all he saw was a sac. today i went back for a sac u/s. the sac had gotten bigger, but still no sign of life. i've read several cases where they saw nothing till 10wks. my husband and i are praying that my little is just a late bloomer.could everyone keep us in your prayers.
Well, I have been reading this post ever since I learned that I was pregnant.  After being in denial for a moment because I have an 8 yr old, 2 yr old and a 10 month old, I finally accepted the fact that I was/am pregnant.  My LMP was June 12th but I believe I conceived between 6/23-6/27.  At the first u/s because I was spotting, I measured at 6 weeks.  Dr. saw a sac but no baby.  Well, I went for a second u/s 10 days later and they were able to find the sac, a fetus but no heartbeat. Today, I went back for a 3rd u/s and there is no change, no growth and no heartbeat. However, I have not had any signs of miscarrying symptoms as of yet.  Actually, I thought it would have happened by now or at least began the process.  I have an appt on Thursday to determine if I should miscarry naturally or other options. I personally am not a fan of miscarrying with technology but I am tired of being in this unstable position. On the other hand, I still have some hope (small as it may be) because I know that GOD can perform miracles.  At this point, I just wish something will happened so that I can move on with my life.  I am praying for everyone because this is NOT FUN at all. I don't wish this on my worst enemy.
My daughter was 16 wks pregnant and went to the doctor to be told that the baby's heart had stopped.  She already had a normal pregnancy and that child is 21 months old and fine.  She went to the doctor 10 days prior to this last appt and the baby was fine and healthy.  She was really nauseated and was given Vistaril 100 mg daily.  Everything we have read says this med is not to be given in early pregnancy.  Has anyone else out there lost a child that was on this med or had a child born with abnormalities?  This is not about lawsuits so please don't address that with us....we just are concerned about the risks of this medication.
Thanks,
CM
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I had my first US today, no heartbeat and they say the baby's size shows 6 weeks not 8weeks. I have had no cramping, spotting or anything to think I may be heading towards a miscarriage. MD says I have miscarried and has offered d/c. Does anyone have any help they can offer as to what is going on or if they have had similar problem and what the turn out has been?
Thanks,
very worried
hey.
well im 8 weeks pregnant.
and for the last week i was bleeding, not only bleeding clots of blood but cramps too.
the doctor said im fine and i heard the babys heart beat.=]
has anyone gone through this?
my lmp was july 6th and by my m/c i am 7 wks and 5 dys, but when i had a u/s done on tues 8/28 it showed i was 6 wks and 5 dys, and there was no heartbeat, so he ordered a hcg and it was very high and from what the nurse said it was normal but after talking to  my doc today he said that usually if its that high it means its more than one baby, but thats not my case, well afterwards he order another hcg on today to compare and another u/s and the hcg level drop a bit and the u/s still showed no heartbeat so when i had a discussion with him he stated, it could be any number of reasons: 1) molar pregancy, in which there are 2 types complete and partial and they are rare.. 2) it could still be to early to detect a heartbeat and that he wanted to do another u/s on tues. and another hcg.3) he also said that if it showed the same thing it could be a case of the baby has stopped developing. so i'm keeping in mind all these possibilities but not really going on it. i havent had any symptoms of miscarrying, so i'm just waiting on the outcome. i did some research on the molar pregancy and it gave some good info so if any of u r concerned read up on first.
hey,
I 'm 6 weeks pregant and I went to the dr on Monday for a u/s and they said that there wasnt a membrane around the baby (which i am confused about) and no heartbeat they said that it is a very good chance i will have a miscarriage i havent had any signs of bleeding , cramps anything, i still feel very pregnant but i go back to get another u/s next Wed 9/5. He said depending on the outcome of the next u/s he would recommend a d/c..
Hi there.
I've been following all the readings here . I figured that I would never right but here I am. I had a IUD for 5 1/2 years and found out I was pregnant . I had all the signs. This will be my fourth child now.(3 boys) I wasn't to sure how to feel about this when I found out, as we didn't want any more. Maybe  this will be our little girl. If not a boy is great to.( A gift from above , thats how we see it. It was meant to happen) I already know all about them. When we first saw the U/S at 5 weeks , it looked like a glob of nothing. Later  (2 weeks) another U/S it was more real for us. 3rd visit he couldn't find a heartbeat with the doppler and he said thats its not abnormal because its still a little early. He did another U/S and the baby is still there , doing great , but the placenta is down by the cervix, which can make it hard to hear the heart beat.I Hopefully it moves up as the uterus grows other wise a c-section will have to be done. I don't want a c-section , nor a epideral, nor anything that goes along with it. I have had bleeding from pinkish to brownish the whole time since the removal of the IUD. The doctor said that is normal as the IUD was imbedded in the cervix. Now as for the cramps , thats the uterus stretching,  so as long as there is no red blood flowing everything is fine. So basically , Don't give up and "really"  make sure that there is no baby before doing a d/c. sometimes the doctors can be wrong, or in a hurry . I always think that your body really knows  the right thing to do. Good luck to all of you out there.  
hi
Hello There
We are a young couple (both 28 yrs) from beutifull South Africa. We are so relieved to find others who are in the same position that we also find our self in. Last week Fri. (31 Aug) I went in for my first U/S the Dr. told me I was 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant which is according to my last cycle. The U/S revealed that the feotus is 1.78mm, the U/S picture looks just like all the ones we have seen on the net. But he shocked us telling us that there was no heart beat detected and I was possibly going to experience a M/C, he suggested I come back for onother U/S in four weeks (27 Sept). But I still feel so pregnant the saw breast, cramps and back pain still pesist but I have not had any of the indications of a M/C. could any one re asure me and my husband that our little one is going to be okay.
MBK I have recently been in the same situation as you, with a growth of 2mm at 8 weeks 3 days, and no detectable heartbeat.  Tthe doctor said this looked like a foetus of 5-6 weeks gestation, as at 8 weeks it should have been 13mm and displaying a strong heartbeat.   I returned 10 days later when I was 10 weeks pregnant for another ultrasound, and there had been no further growth and the diagnosis was a "delayed miscarriage".  Like yourselves, we scoured these forums looking for stories with positive outcomes, and there were very few of these.  It seems to me that the reason that there are so few positive outcomes is because that is the reality.  I am sorry that this is not a more positive note but certainly for my husband and I it helped us to be aware of our chances earlier, so we could come to terms with the likelihood of an outcome we didn't want to happen.  I have to say that I think it unreasonable, bordering on cruel, to make you wait 4 whole weeks to see if your child is viable; perhaps you could ask them to reconsider and give you a sooner ultrasound - the fact is that in 7-10 days they will ascertain if your child has developed a heartbeat or has had any growth, and help you to make decisions from there.  I really do apologise if you find my note negative - that is not my intention - I have been through exactly your situation and pain.
Hi.  I'm pregnant for the first time at age 33.  According to my last cycle I should be 9 weeks pregnant.  However, I was only off the pill for 1 month before I got pregnant so I did not have a regular cyle.  I went for a sonagram today and they said I was only measuring 7 weeks and 4 days.  Also, they did not hear a heartbeat.  My doctor is talking to me about miscarriage.  After reading some of the stories, I am wondering if it is too soon to tell anything.  I am not having any signs of miscarriage.  I go to the doctor on Friday morning to follow up.  Any advice???
The Hospital I attended were very very careful before they categorically stated it was a miscarriage, and that was definitely no hope.  In order for them to be sure, they gave me a normal scan and an internal scan.  I then was told to wait 7-10 days and then they followed the same process again.  This was to ensure they could do a comparison from one point of time to the next.  I too have read stories of heartbeats being found after 7 weeks, and if you are only 7 weeks then I would think they would want to take more steps to be sure.  If for instance you were definitely 9 weeks pregnant, and there was delayed growth and no heartbeat things would be less optimistic (but without being able to ascertain that for sure, I think the Dr should ask you back in a week or so, or ask the Doctor to justify his position if he says he is certain it is a miscarriage). . hope this helps.
Thank you very much for your advice.  I actually went to the doctor this morning.  They said they are pretty sure I am going to miscarry, but they are doing another ultrasound next Thursday to see if there is any change.(that would be 8 days later).  So I am still keeping a little bit of hope, but I know it does not look good.  Any advice on d&c???
apriljon .. .sorry to hear about what is going on with you.  Your situation sounds very much like mine.. .but yes of course there is some hope and I really wish you well.  With regards the D&C I can tell you on all about it on Tuesday as I am having mine then.  I had to decide today whether to opt for a. the pills to bring on miscarriage b. to leave the miscarriage to happen naturally or c. D&C  I had intended to go for the pills but it sounded a bit gory and they said I would need at least a couple of days of work (I hadn't realised it would be so heavy duty!).  For the D&C I go in at 8am, will be done by 10am (procedure takes 15 mins) and I should be ready to go around 1 - for me this option suits better.  Take care. . .. Good Luck. They said I should wait 2 periods before trying again, although there is a strong temptation to try after 1.   Let us know how you get on - it is nice to hear when folks in this awful position go back and get good fortune.
I read your situation with a lot of empathy. I am 8 weeks pregnant, but the scan picked up that I was only 6 weeks pregnant. Sac was seen, fetus was seen, but no heart beat. I still feel very pregnant, am tempted to feel low, but am holding up in faith and hope that God's plans are greater than ours. Which ever way things go, i will have to accept. It appears you are set for the D&C, but could you possibly wait for another week? Doctors sometimes make mistakes, remember they are human. Heartbeats have been known to be detacted at 10 weeks.

Regards
CMC
Hi kakabalika - by the time I had my 2nd scan I was 10 weeks, and there had also been no growth since the scan from 10 days prior.  My own personal view on this very common situation of early scans showing the baby being less developed in terms of weeks is, if you are certain of your period or conception dates, then it is likely to be bad news.  When I thought about it, I figured that at this early stage a child can't just be 2-3 weeks behind in development, as where would they ever catch up, particularly as such key progress to bones, features, limbs, heart, brain etc. happens day to day at this time?  I think doctors always want to be sure, and they cannot be sure if a woman really knows her cycle/dates or not, so they will want to see the evidence from a follow up scan for themselves.  Good luck - I hope you are really 6 weeks pregnant and that you see growth and heartbeat at your next scan.. . take care.
Hi,I now agree that life is unfair to think that we might be pregnant with dead child, after all this is our first child ever and already we are experiencing painful emotional feelings because for these 3 more coming weeks we either will be very happy or be very very disappointed.I really don't know how to feel in these 3 more coming weeks to my U/S that will decide that my child lives or already dead.
MBK - My heart goes out to you.  My husband and I found a 10 day wait unbearable, so 28 days would be very tough indeed.  It is like your life is on hold for that period.  Now I know nothing about how Health Services work in South Africa (I live in the UK), so what I am saying may not be feasible, but my suggestions to help you keep your sanity would be; a) Insist on a sooner scan for emotional reasons or b) Pay yourself to go for a private scan if that is a possiblity.  I sincerely hope that you have a happy ending.
apriljon - re; the D&C, I had this today and I think it is a very good option.  The op happened at around 10.45 and I was out by 1.30.  I felt no pain afterwards and the bleeding was really minimal.  I was expecting to feel really under the weather, but felt great afterwards - very relieved it was over.  The hospital gets 2 or 3 people to go over the risks with you many times before you undergo this op, which can be offputting, but so few people have complications in reality.  The surgeon told me that often women take 3-4 days off work afterwards (more for psychological reasons) but I feel very physically fit so will be going back tomorrow.  For me this was a good experience (or as good as it gets under the circumstance) and the easiest way for me to get back to life as normal.  I hope you don't need this op, but if you do I hope this will alleviate any of your concerns.  I was very apprehensive beforehand but would not be scared if I had to do this again.
I found out i was pregnant on August 13th n a few weeks later had some brown spotting twice. my doctor said my cervix is still closed and the blood isnt period blood. Ive been having an ultra sound every week and the first time there was a yolk sac then the next 2 times there wasnt.Yet today when i went they found a yolk sac but the gestational sac is only measuring 6 weeks 4 days. My hcg levels are also still rising. When they didnt see a yolk sac the 2 ultra sounds they said i was going to miscarry now that they found one they said that its good news. I dont know how to feel should i give up n think no matter what its going to be a miscarriage or have faith since they found the yolk sac even though the gest sac isnt growing alot i just dont know what to think
I am in the same situation as a lot of you, my last cycle date began on 7/21 which makes me about 6.5 weeks. I went to my first checkup on 9/10 and my DR. did a physical exam and advised that by feeling my cervix it seemed that I was about 6.5 weeks along...fine right..he then did an u/s and advised that he saw no heartbeat... he says that he believes I will eventually m/c and advised that I take a d/c to onset this. I believe I should wait since it is so early...any thoughts?
I just want to let everyone know that you should go with your gut and definitely question your doctor if something doesn't sit right with you. My story is quite incredible. I now have a healthy 4 month old daughter, who I almost didn't have. We went through several years of infertility treatment.  We did an IVF cycle Aug '06 and got pregnant. My numbers were good and the sac continued to grow in size. But there was no heartbeat or fetal pole. We kept having sonos and no change,except the sac kept growing the size it should be. So, at 7 weeks my doctor advised us to have a d&c. He said it was not a viable pregnancy. He is with a very reputable clinic and we had no reason not to listen to what he told us. So, we scheduled it and the night before surgery I checked on line on message boards like this one. I read stories about women who didn't see a heartbeat at 6 or 7 weeks and saw one a week or two later. I called my doctor the morning of the surgery and told him what I had read. I asked if there was any chance that could happen to me. He said no, since we had done ivf, we knew exactly when we would have conceived. So, we proceeded with the scheduled surgery, was given the sedation and taken back to the operating room. Before they took me back, I told my husband that it just didn't feel right to me. The next thing I remembered was the doctor telling me they didn't do anything because they saw the heartbeat and fetal pole. I was still pretty out of it, but was hysterical crying, and asking for confirmation that the medication I had been given wouldn't hurt the baby. We were assured it hadn't hurt the baby. We were told that it is common for them to do one more u/s before proceeding with the procedure. Thank goodness they did. The only explanation we were given as to why they could see the heartbeat then was because with the medication my body was relaxed and they could see what they needed to see. My doctor was still skeptical as to whether it would progress, but it did.I really think that that phone I made befoe surgery put some doubt in the doctor's head and made them look harder. 7 months earlier we had gotten pregnant and that time the sac was not growing as large as it should have. I think about 8 or 9 weeks I had a d/c. I truly hope that that time it was not a viable pregnancy. I don't dwell on it, especially since we have a beautiful daughter who we would not have had, but I can't help but wonder.  Before having my daughter, we had a miscarriage, which at least we knew for sure wasn't viable. I would just recommend you do not rush into anything.  
What an incredible story! At 7 weeks we saw a heartbeat and today at 8 weeks the nurse did a us and couldnt find one.  We are devasted.  They asked us to come back in the morning for another us when the dr is in.  This is our 3rd round of ivf.  Hoping and praying that the dr will see somthing differant tomorrow....the sac seems to be growing.  God this is hard.  

my husband made the last post I wanted to update our story and see if anyone had a similar story or comment.  This is our 3rd IVF in one year.  We've taken our time in between IVF's due to physical and emotional toll.  IVF #1 - we had 5 eggs, none fertilized.  IVF #2 - we had 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, none implanted.  IVF #3 - we had 5 eggs, 4 fertilized and we're still not sure how many planted.  My numbers are good hCG level within range, size of sac(s) within range, progesterone greater than 40.  We did acupuncture this time and I have needles in my ears now to keep me calm.  At weeks 5 and 6 (week six measured 8.8mm) they said one baby, possibly two.  At week 7, they said definitely one sac but it measured 7.2 mm with one heartbeat, still possibly two or three.  Today, week 8 and 1 day, we saw three sacs - good size more than 8.8 mm - I didn't get size because our minds were spinning when she (the nurse) couldn't find the heartbeat.  She's a no-nonsense, knows her stuff nurse.  The doc wasn't there today, off on emergency surgery, so she couldn't see him for reference.  So we go back to the office at 645 AM tomorrow.  My husband said, maybe there's a reason the doc wasn't there today.  So we're trying to have hope.  I feel pregnant.  I'm crampy - like belly/uterus is stretching ocassionally and still feel really tired.  My breasts are still tender.  I have no bleeding or spotting.  Any ideas?  Thank you for reading
Hi my story is similar to most of yours i found out i was pregnant on the 21st of june, i found out my accident really as i was tested for a UTI and they found protein and blood in my urine so they did a pregnancy test, it was positive me and my hubby were over the moon as we had been trying 7 years unsuccessfully including 3 failed IVF attempts so to fall naturally was amazing.  I went to my local EPAU for a scan and it shown a sac and fetal pole measuring 6 weeks but through it all i didnt feel pregnant the only symptom i had was sore breasts.  One week later i woke up and went to the toilet and there was the faintest pink blood mark on the toilet roll so i went in for another scan which shown the baby hadnt grown at all and no heartbeat so my baby probably died the same day i saw the heartbeat.  I was devestated i went into hospital 2 days later for tablets to be inserted into my vagina which make your cervix contract so you expel the baby that was the 1st of july i am now currently 10 weeks today pregnant i conceived 15 days after my miscarriage i have had 2 scans.  1st scan baby measured 5 wk 4 days 6mm and 2nd scan baby measured 8 wks and had grown to 12mm.  When i first found out i as only 3 weeks and my HCG was only 50 so they dont me it was probably just my hormones from my m/c i went on holiday and returned 2 weeks later for another blood test to be told my HCG had risen to 27000 so i keep my fingers crossed for this little one everyday and i wish you all the best too
Hey I would like to know if my girlfriend is 7w4d and we went in for a u/s and it showed no h/b and the dr said it still may be to earily should i belive him or what?? because i don't know wat to think. i'm just really scard  
thank you
Stephen
I am 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and went to the doctor and saw the fetus but no heartbeat. I am devastated as I just had a healthy baby last year. The doctor said I was going to miscarry but I am not sure. I am young, healthy, and hoping that this is a miracle for me to go back on Tuesday and see a heartbeat. I think that it is crazy so many pregnancies are ending in miscarriage. I wonder what is so different today than before. It seems like miscarriages are on the rise. I have had cramping today in the front and lower back. I am wondering if that is my uterus and stuff growing or if my body is preparing for a miscarriage. It is so discouraging.... My doctor also said that behind my uterus there is bleeding??? Any body else had the same story or any advice? With my first pregnancy the heartbeat did not show up right away. I had to wait ten days and go back and I had a healthy baby. I think they brought me in at 6.5 weeks and then at 8. I am pretty scared with this pregnancy as it is already measuring at 8 weeks. Sandra
SSjanem I wish you well on Tuesday but these "miracles" are very few and far between.  I have had a very similar experience to you - I won't go over it again but you are are interested you can read it in the recent threads above.  Miscarriage stats are approximately 1 in 4.  It is really common and really heartbreakbreaking.  Good luck.
we are in the same boat.....keeping you in my prayers.....Went to the doc today....doc told us there is a 90% chance of mc for us.....baby is not growing at the right rate and no heartbeat detected. I am about 8.5 weeks pregnant. They have given me one more week and called me back on friday to check again. Please please please pray for us.
MBK ...how are you doing? Please update us on your progress...we are in the same situation and would really appreciate any feedback from you. Prayers for you and all of us.
Hi everyone, I’m new to this. My sister is 8 weeks pregnant. At 23 it’s her first baby, she had a u/s today and didn’t hear the baby’s heart beat, the baby is only 12.8mm. She has no spotting or cramping.  Is that normal? When I was pregnant with my first child I heard the heart beat at 10 weeks.  Should she wait the next 2 weeks to see if theres a heart beat? Any help would be great
Sorry to hear about you in the same situation as myself. I am so nervous and anxious to get my appointment done with tomorrow. I am going to another doctor so I have a second opinion at the same time as a revisit for the u/s. Keep me posted on your appointment next week. I wish you all the best and my prayers are with you. Is this your first pregnancy?
Hi all,
Iam 6 weeks pregnant.U/S shows only a vague yolk sac , no heart beat..They say the baby's growth is less than expected.Dr has asked me to come next week.Pls advise me on this.
I need ur prayers a lot....
Thanks...yes this is our first. We are also going for a second opinion today afternoon ...please update on progress later today.
I went for an internal u/s on Tuesay. they tol me I was 8 weeks and see no heartbeat. He told me to prepare myself for a miscarriage. I am in shock. I go back next Tuesday for another one. I too have searched the web beyond belief and just continue to get more disappointed. My 1st child is 13 months old my Dr then did not listen for a heart beat until 4 months and no ultrasound until 5 months. I am in shock at how many people are being told to exspect a miscarriage. I am at a loss for words on how the word miscaariage is being thrown around like it's nothing. If I miscarry we will try again and I will not have an ultrasound until 3 months. This has been the hardest thing. If I do not miscarry this will be our last child anyway. I thank the few people that listened to themselves and not science and continued the pregnancy to have a healthy child despite what the Dr's may think.
you can safely wait a few  more weeks.....I am 10.5 weeks and at 9.5 they were not able to detect a heartbeat.....doc said we had a 90% chance of mc.....and we need a miracle....we are praying for u and for ourselves.....
I just found out two weeks ago that I was pregnant. According to when my last period was they expected me to be 10 weeks. I just went for an internal u/s on tuesday. They saw two yoke sacs, and informed my husband and i that we were pregnant with identical twins. And that according to the ultra sound they only looked about 6 weeks old. then the doc. informed us that there was no heart beat in either baby, and that one of the sacs did not look comletly round. The doc. scheduled another u/s next thursday, and if they don't see growth or a heart beat that i will most likly have a misscarriage. I have been so worried, but still trying to thing positive. I was wondering if any one else went through a similar situation
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the pregnancy is non-viable will the placenta make the HCG levels still DOUBLE every 48 hrs?  I went for an transvaginal ultrasound on Monday and only seen an empty sac, but HCG last Wed. was 2000, Monday they went to 8000 and Thurs. to 29,450.  I had 2 previous miscarriages and I would be apprx. 7 weeks along.  I am going for another US on Monday to see if we see anything.  My dr. said that they would go up, but didn't think they would go up that far.  Anyone in a similar situation and everything was ok?
Hope it turns out positive for you. our situation is very similar but we had 1 sac.....lmp was 10.5 weeks ago but the baby is only 6 weeks. we have had multiple u/s's but unfortunately no change, no further growth nor heartbeat since 9/6/07....went to the doc for a 3rd u/s yesterday ....doctor has given us a week to see if natural discharge happens before deciding on d & c...sorry to not be sharing a positive story. wishing you luck and hope ur babies are well.
I had an ultrasound at 6.5 weeks which showed a slow fetal heartbeat.  I had an ultrasound 9 days later which again showed a slow fetal hearbeat (89 bpm) and only showed 5 days of growth since my last US.  I am still feeling pregnant. (tired, morning sickness etc) My hormone levels have continued to rise.  Has anyone been in a similar situation.  I have had two other miscarriages in the past year.  
i went to the dr july 7 for a uti, she also prescribed me vistaril to help me sleep. two weeks later they couldnt find heartbeat on doppler or ultrasound. i was 15 weeks .went to hospital next day. they put medication in vagina to open cervix, and i ended up having a d&c anyways.waited 3 wks. went back for check-up.i asked about the baby dr couldnt find anything. they arer saying no tests were done not even to tell what sex it was. could they be hiding the fact vistaril can cause miscarriges?
I went to the doc yesterday and he said I was more like 6 1/2 weeks instead of 8. I was on the pill so he wants to do an u/s tomorrow. I KNOW when I conceived at it was on August 16th or 17th which would make me 8 weeks (a couple days over). So he said my uterus is measuring small. I'm worried that there is no baby in there because I know how far along I should be, exactly. My boyfriend is out of town and I have to do the u/s by myself and I'm so worried and sad. I don't want to go through this alone.
I went for another US on Monday and see the little one with a heartbeat of 144.  I am only 6 wks and a few days.
I am 26 yrs old & this is my 1st pregnancy.I found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks...I had my 1st u/s at 6 1/2 weeks. I saw the babies heartbeat but it was slow, they said thats normal so early on in the pregnancy. I felt fine.Friday, I'll be 9 weeks.I had another u/s last friday (i was exactly 8 weeks)...On tuesday (8 wks 4 days) I saw my Dr. for the 1st time. She sadly informed me  that my sac is large but the baby hasent grown past 6 weeks & 5 days,They could not detect the heartbeat nor the fetal pole.I asked her if i could get my levels chkd again.I went right over to the lab.I've had no spotting.I had no morning sickness just late nite nausea which seemed to stop during the 7th week, but i figured it was bcuz i had myself on a steady eating pattern throughout the day/night.This is devistating me.I havent gone to work in 2 days.Everyone  knows im pregnant, I dont want to talk about it.I am so happy you all are here sharing your stories.It has given me hope! Im not getting a D&C.But the last 2 nites i can barely sleep thinking that Im going to start miscarrying during the nite.According to my Dr. the babys been dead inside of me 2 weeks today,  how long does it take b4 u have the miscarrige???
Im going to look for another Dr. Im keeping my findings to myself thus far. I need another Dr. to examine me.
All of u ladies who have gone through this, I envy your strength. If i lose this baby, I dont think I can go through any of this again...Its an emotional rollercoaster. I dont have any family supporting me & the fathers in and out.Im alone & I am so deeply hurt & scared!
Please pray for my baby! I want this to be okay more than I've ever wanted anything in my entire life.
I'll pray for you guys also!
God Bless!
Sorry to hear about your news.  I have asked doctors myself how long it would take to miscarry if I just let nature take its course, and they are unable to say this for sure and could take several weeks.  From experience, I found it hard to carry a dead child though and wanted to have the D&C so I could stop living in limbo.  If you do lose this baby though I would say that time does heal you though (the old cliche I know).  I had my D&C a month ago and am feeling positive about trying again. . it does get better.  All the best.
Hi. I went for my first ultrasound yesterday, I am 8 weeks and took Clomid to conceive. They said the baby is showing only 6.5 weeks and they could not detect a heartbeart. I go back in a week. SHould I have any hope?

-Kim
I am 32 years old and have been trying to conceive for two years.  The week before my birthday I found out I was pregnant.  Because I have been working with a reputable fertility clinic they were monitoring me constantly with blood tests, which all showed great results with both the hcg and progesterone levels.  At my first u/s all went well at first and a heartrate was detected, but the Dr. was concerned because it was only at 85bpm when they like to see it at 100bpm with where I was measuring, which was 6w3d.  I was told at that point already that this could be a sign of a devastation coming or just a developmental timing issue, which I grasped on to because I just think it is so stupid how they date you back all the way to the 1st day of your last period when you know you didn't get pregnant then.  Tomorrow I will be at 8 weeks according to their timing from LMP, but I was only inseminated 6 weeks ago.  So I held out hope that this week when I went in again for another u/s that the results would be better.  They weren't.  The heartrate had increased to 89bpm, but the Dr. was hoping at this point that it would be near the 120 range.  So he basically told us that it was inevitable that I would be miscarrying since it appeared it was not a viable embryo.  Obviously I was SICK and completely mortified to be in this situation.  They began also talking to me about having a D & C, but told me to make an appointment for 7-10 days to check again.  So I chose the 10 days with hopes that the longer we waited, the better the result would be.  My husband and I have taken a few days to come to terms with what they are assuming, but after reading all of this and seeing the different things people have heard and the few miracle stories, I'm holding out that next Friday results will have changed.  I guess I just don't understand how if infants and toddlers develop at different rates, why isn't it realistic that embryos could too?  After all, there has been a heartrate both times and it increased, so couldn't this be a good sign even though it isn't in the range they are hoping for?  Maybe by next week the heartrate will no longer be there, but I believe if it is and it has increased again, that could be a good thing.  I don't traditionally live my life being an optimist and I know I'm setting myself up again for failure if Friday's results are grim, but I just think the whole timing thing is so crazy.  I plan on asking them to check for both a fetal pole and whether growth has occurred as well as the heartrate because I feel right now that if it has grown, a fetal pole is evident, and if the heartrate has increased again that it would be COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS for them to insist that I would be miscarrying.  I have had no symptoms at all of miscarriage and am still feeling tender in the breasts with much swelling there as well occasional slight cramps every so many days now and then, which is usually a sign of uterine growth from everything I've read.  My blood levels were also still in an average range this week after the HORRIFIC u/s appointment.  What do you all think?  Am I fooling myself and believing in a pipe dream?
I am very shocked on seeing so many with similar situations. And working in the laboratory department you see so many d/c done daily.   I have a 12 yr son and 5 yr old daughter very healthy kids.  I re-married about 2 years ago and since had 2 miscarriages.  1 d/c  and one naturally.  My LMP was on 10/19 and should be about 8 weeks.  My first appointment I was about 5.5 wks and they were only able to see the sac.  F/U in 2 weeks.  Went in, they estimated the baby was about 7.1 wks great heart beat all normal.  Especially after 2 miscarriages you are very worried and don't know what to expect.  I don't want to tell family or friends.  On Tuesday morning I saw a small bright red blood on the tissue and worried again.  Call the Dr. and told me to come in.  He did an U/S and said the baby was 7.2 days and no heart beat.  I was devistated again, especially seeing my husband with his hopes all up again.  He asked me on what did I want to do?  I told him I wanted to wait for a natural abortion. 2 days later and still waiting, no cramps, bleeding, and I feel good.   I have a f/u in 2 weeks and will see him on Jan. 3rd.  It's so weird knowing that there is something in me and still doesn't want to leave my body.  I leave everything in God's hands.  If this is what he wants, then it shall be.  I rather this to happen now than to bring an unhealthy baby to suffer into this world.  Leave everything in GODS hands...Good Luck to all!
TWIN PREGNANCY:  I went to the DR about 1 wk ago today and found out I was about 7 wks pregnant.  I had some spotting for the last couple of days so I wen to the DR today (12-21-07) and the DR took a sonogram.  When the sonogram tech did the u/s, after just looking at the screen just once she stepped out of the office and called my DR in.  When the DR and the tech came in, me and my husband were told that I was pregnant with twins.  But there was no heart beat on either of the baby's.  I was told im about 8 wks now so the u/s should show a heart beat.  I have a 20 months old and no complications with that pregnancy.  But reading all this stories has giving me hope, but I have read anything about someone being pregnant with twins.  Is anyone out there who was pregnant with twins and their kids came out ok even after there was no heart beat with the u/s?  Im praying for the best and hope it turns out good.  My DR told me to wait until Dec 26th to see if I miscarry the babies or if maybe we can hear a heart beat than.  Please give me any advice.
Hi everyone, I have been inspired by so many stories on this site, many of which have given me hope!
I was found to be pregnant on the 20th december after a second round of IVF. today I returned for my first scan (approx 6 weeks) after some slight brown spotting last week over four days. There was no fetus detected in the sac (which was also claimed to be small at 11.9mm). I am really devestated to learn that I may have nothing in there afterall, even though I FEEL pregnant and continue to have symptoms.
My gyno has recommended a D & C be done as early as Monday (two days time) but I have my doubts. No one has retested my hcg levels since the initial preggie test at 3 weeks- is this normal? I went to see my gp today to have bloods for hcg levels just to see if Im in the right range at least. Does anyone have any advice or comments that may make the waiting less difficult?? Am I wrong to have hope? I just feel that this may all be a mistake.
All comments appreciated, and I will notify you all re: hcg results.
My heart goes out to everyone as well. I went for a u/s on Feb. 11, and the tech said the size of the gestational sac dated me at 7w/1d and that no h/b was detected. Two days ago, the doc said that the h/b should be detected by this time and I have another u/s scheduled for the 25th; then a few days for him to get the results. He said there's a 70 % chance of fetal death, which is of course devastating. I want to stay positive, but it's not easy at all. I regret telling my 5 yr old daughter of my pregnancy, as it will break her heart if things aren't okay. I am an only child and a single parent, and I really wanted another child (and a sibling for her), in spite of my situation. The 1st u/s was for dating purposes, which doesn't jive with my own calculations at all (I should be 6w/5d today!) Unfortunately, I was not trying to conceive or keeping track of my m/s, which only adds to my confusion. My only consolation is that if the embryo has died, I can always try again and maybe this time do things properly (whatever that means--I'm 37 years old and single, so I don't have many options, really). The father is my ex who is childless after trying with 2 partners, one of whom died 7 months pregnant. He'd make a great father and this could be such a blessing for us both! Please keep us in your prayers, as you will all be in mine. And thank you--all your comments have given me some hope!
I am currently 7wks 4 days pregnant after TTC for 9 months on clomid. Since i've had  3 miscarriages before and one healthy birth, the drs decided to monitor this one more closely. I never had HCG levels checked in any of my other pregnancies, but this time around I've been going in almost every 3-4 days. I've had two ultrasounds now, and neither one of them have shown a fetal pole or fetus, just a gestational sac, but my HCG keeps rising. I've heard that if you have a retroverted uterus that sometimes you won't actually see the baby until the 8-10week mark, but several nurses and one dr have told me that this was not going to be a viable pregnancy. But my ob, said that she didn't see reasonable issues to do a D&C yet, or to take the methaltrexate to abort the sac. Since my OB has hope, it has given me more hope. I am scheduled for another ultrasound on Thursday, and this one would put me at about the 8 week mark. We are hoping and praying that this time around, we'll be able to see the baby since the HCG levels (22,249) are still showing there is some growth going on in there. I'll be praying for all of you, and hope you'll do the same for us.
hi
i am supposed to be 9.5 weeks pregnant...i went for my first u/s three weeks ago and they said that the baby measured 8 weeks but there was no h/b found on the doppler or the u/s. well i went back the following week and it was the same thing. the also did an hcg and the first time i did it it was at 38335 then two days later it dropped to 36775..the doctor told me this wasnt good but he wants to do another u/s today! i havent had any signs of miscarriage. no bleeding or spotting...i've had cramps but was told that cramps are normal for pregnancy....what do i do? has anyone had the same thing happen to them?
I have miscarried twice and am on my third try.  I have a wonderful little boy and am hopeful for another.  The first loss was a "chemical pregnancy" so I miscarried on my own.  I got prgnant a few months later and no h/b at 7 w 2 days.  Dr. recommeded i get a D/C.  So I did, although I was hesitant and still not sure I did the right thing.  I am 6 weeks and 4 days and have an appointment on friday 6 weeks and 6 days.  I am scared to death and can't stop haveing dreams about death.  Anyone else having these crazy dreams?

HMDL
I have had a few miscarriages and I as well had some scary dreams. Dreams that the baby was taken out of me while I was pregnant and given to someone else (crazy, I know) and also dreams that people were dying. I think it's just your worried sub-concious. I know everyone tells you the same thing over and over but when the time is right your perfect little baby will come. My grandma told me when I lost my first to just think of it as that baby was not the right one - God will give you the right one, just be patient. I am also pregnant again.. 7 weeks! So I wish you the best and in the mean time try to relax. Go have a pedicure!  he he he.     Dani
'm 9 wks and 4 days pregnant, according to the u/s, and my first pregnancy.  Same situation, the doc couldn't detect heartbeat.  I was so shocked and scared.  I was healthy and have no cramps or bleeding. She told me I might have a miscarriage too. However, this doctor didn't tell me anything about the growth or size of the fetus. Once she didn't see any heartbeat, she quickly told me I need a termination. After I read other comments here, I felt she didn't do her job of explaining my fetus growth and things I need to know. She jumped to conclusion once there are no heartbeats. I'm going back Tuesday for another u/s. However, I'm going to another doc for second opinion on Monday.  I'm so upset and crying ever since she told me about this. I understand that every pregnancy is different and there are hope to those babies couldn't detect heartbeat and survive. Right now, I'm just so devastated and down.  I just don't know what to do anymore.
Hello, I just had IVF in January and will be 8 weeks on Thursday this week but today had another u/s and no heartbeat but he said he could see fetal pole but not fetus and he said he had detected the fetus in the last u/s.  The sac is present but not sure if size is ok.  We are so hurt as I am 38/39 and this will be our first child of which we have waited for for so long.  Two weeks ago he said I would miscarry and to date nothing and today he scheduled me for a D&C on Friday.  I am a bit skeptical of really doing this as I'm not sure if to wait or just move on as he said it is not a "normal" pregnancy and I will miscarry.  I'm so torn.  We are so torn.  Is 8 weeks too soon to do anything, even if there is no fetus present or heartbeat?  I totally feel pregnant, no nausea but bloated, tired, sore breasts but could this just be the progesterone trying to maintain the pregnancy?

Well my prayers to all of you!

YMG

i am 21 and i am 8 weeks prego so they say i was told at  5 weeks my baby was to small anhd if it dont grow we might have to termante it i go for ultra sound on wensday i knopw have a cold and scared it might effect him idk what to do? do u think my baby will be okay?
i went for my first us on thurs with my dates i was 9 weeks to be told the baby was 6weeks6days i could see the baby and the heart but was not beating i had a ectopic 4 months ago and lost a tube i was so excited as i never thought i could get preggers again with one tube and age against me 37,like a lot of you ladies i am clutching on to just a glimmer of hope that the doctors could be wrong and if they are rite how long before nature will take its course if the doc is rite the baby died 2 weeks ago. anyone in this situation.
I went for my first u/s yesterday 3/31.  According to my lmp (1/19) I should be 10weeks along.  However, it was my first mp since I went off of birth control in October.  This is my first pregnancy.  I have had tender breasts, morning sickness, etc up until my appt yesterday.  (and no cramping or bleeding).  When we had the u/s the doctor said they baby measured 6wks and she didn't see a heart beat.  I go back in 10 days and if there is no progress, they will schedule a d & c.  It seems crazy that the baby could have died 4 weeks ago, because I only found out 4 weeks ago and all my symptoms of pregnancy progressed during those weeks.   It's been so hard on my heart to read all of your stories.  I do pray for the best for you all.  If you have any advice, please let me know.
Thanks,
Leah
My heart is with you all. I know God has plans for each and every one of us. This is my third pregnancy. I find myself rereading the posts I had seen last year when I lost my 2nd child. I was 12 weeks and had a natural miscarriage. It was painful and scarring. It all started as it did today, light brown spotting, nothing major. Today I went to the Dr because I was concerned with the spotting. She did preliminary testing and my hcg was perfect, my cervix was closed, no signs of anything. I went for the vaginal U/s ... and no heartbeat. OBGyn staff said it was definitely going to be a miscarriage, but the Dr said it could be that the fetus is too small right now and they couldnt find the heartbeat (even though it has the proper size for 7 weeks). I go back to retest my HCG levels on monday.. and if they drop then they will schedule a DnC. My husband has a good feeling the baby is ok.. and just needs time. I really feel pregnant still.

I will be praying for all of you. And I wish you all the very best! I will keep posting!. be strong and have faith.. never give up... it's your child!!!

Blessings!
According to what I estimate is my last menstrual period, I should be about 9w4d pregnant. I went to have an ultrasound 3 days ago because of suspected abdominal hernia, which came back positive. The imaging center said that anyone undergoing ultrasound for any reason and also pregnant needs to have the uterus scanned for heartbeat as well. The OB/GYN office got the imaging center's report faxed to them today, 3 days later, and they called me right away saying that there was no fetal heartbeat, and I should go in for a d/c. Needless to say, I have been in shock all day of this news. I am still very tired, nauseous, etc., and have had no signs of anything! I have 3 boys ages 7, 5, and 3- all of which were healthy pregnancies and deliveries- and I did not receive an u/s as early as I have with this pregnancy. I have never miscarried before. They also say that the baby is only measuring 7w6d, but I am not even sure when my last period was- I could be off about a week. I told the OB/GYN that I would like another u/s to be sure, so I am going in to the ER tomorrow morning. I really hope they find a heartbeat, and even if they don't... I don't know if I will believe it isn't alive. I'm feeling so devastated.

My heat and prayers go out to all in this position. I wish you all the best.
This is just an update for anyone reading...

I posted the above early morning May 20. I went into the emergency room May 20th afternoon with my husband to get a second opinion on the fetal heartbeat. With the indepth sonogram done and the blood work showing my hormones plummeting to a low hcg level of only 413, fetal demise was confirmed. =[ Of course this was very devastating. I cried and cried. The doctors reassured me that it was nothing I did, that these things sometimes happen when the baby doesn't develop correctly. They also said that in a young healthy female, the body will reject a fetus that would otherwise be born very ill or deformed. I was still very sad about losing the baby. I was then scheduled for a d/c the next day to remove the fetus and placenta from my body. That evening I went home to be with my other children and then return the next morning for admission. I started cramping and bleeding two hours after I got home. This was further confirmation to myself that everything was over. The whole ordeal this week has been traumatic and scary... but the good news is that the doctor says we can try again in 3 months.

The sooner we can accept the facts, the easier it will be on us. Good luck to all of you in similar situations. And remember, we can keep trying.
4theluvofgod, I am so sorry this has happened!!! Please know that there are many supportive women here at MedHelp and that you're more than welcome to join us in the Pregnancy Forum while you begin your TTC (trying to conceive) journey. We also have a Baby Dust forum specifically for those TTC.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/152  ---Pregnancy Forum
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/225?camp=msc  ; ----Baby Dust

There are a lot of women who've gone through the same thing and I hope you can find their support to be of great help to you in this dark time. *HUGS*
thank you so much for your kind words, JoyRenee. i am feeling empowered by this community during this time, and although i am sorry for everyone's loss that they may have experienced, i am glad i am not alone.

i have checked out the links you have provided in your post, and i also thank you for sharing them with me. i will be visiting often.
Jus wondering if anyone had any advice for me?  Judging by my LMP and conception date I am supposed to be 9 weeks.  I already have a healthy boy of 17 months and first went to me local EPAU due to slight spotting (minimal) and cramping which I had not experienced in my previous pregnancy.  

1st TV USS 11-09-08 small gestational sac with yolk sack no fetal pole.

Returned 12 days later for TVS - gestational sac had increased in size but not as much as expected, however a fetal pole of 2mm noted.

Returned another 8 days later for TV USS gestational sac had increased in size again however fetal pole was now only 2.5mm.

I have been offered conservative treatment or a d&c in 3 days time.  I still feel very pregnant and although I have experienced some cramping have had no bleeding.  Im sure that at this stage of pregnancy a baby should be clearly seen via scan however I am a little unsure of what to think as I had complications when I had my son.  My son presented as breech and it turns out that I hav two wombs I suffered a postpartum heamorrhage and had to return to theatre for an EUA which is when this was discovered.  Maybe I am just clasping at straws but im really unsure on how I feel about all this and my options.

I would be greatful for any advice.

thinking of you all xx
I have had a very confusing couple of weeks. I lost my 2 1/2 month old son to crib death 2 months ago, so finding out I am pregnant again was exciting. Based on my LMP I should have (or so I thought) been around 13 weeks pregnant. I spotted around being a month or so along and it went away after 4 days. Again around the same time this month I started bleeding and clotting fairly bad. I went to the e.r. and got my HcG levels tested and they came back at 211,000 + which said they were high. They scheduled me for an u/s and the u/s showed baby was still there but only measuring the size of an 8-10 week fetus. She said that unless my dates were wrong,  the fetus had passed away. After leaving the u/s I have had only brown spotting from old blood that is left. I went back to the OB and he says my cervix is closed and my HcG levels are 238,000 + still high. I have an u/s scheduled for this Friday to check once more for heartbeat and appt in OB on Monday to discuss outcome of u/s. If outcome is negative and still no heartbeat, D&C will happen on Wednesday ( a week from today). After all that has happened to us with the loss of our only son (after 2 girls), we are hoping for a miracle, yet with little hope as doctor says he thinks for sure we are going to miscarry. Wish us luck for Friday and let me know if you have any advice or a similar experience. Thanks
Everyone has to make the decision that is best for them but I want to let you know that I too have been told that I should get a D&C. I am 8 weeks 4 days pregnant and they have done 2 u/s a week apart and have found no heart beat and the second one showed no growth. I am still showing no signs of miscarriage. I have read for hours on this site and I want to let you know that although they aren't abundant, I have found hope. I have already found 4 women who were in a similar situation and chose to miscarry naturally and now have a beautiful baby! Science was wrong or it was a miracle, whichever you choose to believe, the fact is if they had followed their doctors' advice they would have terminated their little ones! So please, I know that everyday hearing the doctor's voices in your head saying you have a dead baby in your womb is agony but my little glimmer of hope.... these women's stories.... has made it bareable. Please give yourself some more time to consider this decision, if you are anything like me, you are feeling shock and devastation, neither a good place to be to make such final decisions. I hope this doesn't upset you. It seems every mother seems to know what is best for her (I also got that from all of this reading!). So trust yourself. Just don't betray your own maternal knowing either! Take care. My prayers are with you.
to: 4thelouvofgod:
Pls. describe to me your sonogram when you were diagnosed with fetal demise? was there a hemorrage in your uterus? was there a baby with no heartbeat too?

to everyone:
Hi! I'm 32 yrs old, I don't smoke nor drink and I'm not under medication, so I think I'm perfectly healthy. I had a m/c last july due to blighted ovum and that was my first pregnancy. I was so happy last sept. when i knew that i was pregnat again however i am nervous at the same time. On my 8th week, my OB checked and told me that she wasn't able to hear a heartbeat using the doppler. I was advised then to have a TVS on my 9th week. I was really scared, what's wrong this time again! So had my TVS, I was so happy that I saw the baby but the sonographer told me that she couldn't hear the heartbeat too and  she even asked another sonographer to checked it, both of them told me that it is definetly a fetal demise. Good thing my OB is very empathetic, just like before (during my first pregnancy) she didn't rush for d & c, she told me just like before to have another TVS after this week just to confirm the sonographer's diagnosis. And that if ever I will have a m/c I'll just have to wait. But how could this happen to me again! I'm so devastated. I've been surfing the net about it however most of the cases have hemorrage but I don't have it. Could this be  a misdiagnosed? Is there anyone, similar to my situation? I don't have any spotting or bleeding or even cramping. I feel very pregnant. And I feel just fine. But I'm scared, my husband & I are looking forward for this baby, we want to have this baby badly!!! I will have my second TVS this coming week. Please advise.
I am having a similar situation.  I am 45 years old and likelyhood of miscarriage is 50% at my age.  This was an unplanned pregnancy but a blessing for us and our 3 year old daughter.  At 7 weeks, ultrasound showed no heartbeat, at 8 weeks there was a heartbeat, but slow, 90bpm, and they said this could indicate a miscarriage, and they redated the pregnancy to 6 weeks, which just seemed off, according to when I would have ovulated.  Yesterday there was no heartbeat and they said I will miscarry soon and if it didn't progress they would give me something to help it progress.  I wonder if there is any chance, even a slim one of the fetus still being alive?  This will be my last chance to have a baby as my partner doesn't want to try again at our ages.  Has anyone ever seen a heartbeat, then not have one, and then have is turn up again and have a healthy child?  Blessings to everyone who is goinf through this or has gone through it.
On Sat. Oct 18 my husband and I went for a regular 12 week dating ultrasound, extremly excited being that we have had 2 previous misscarriages, and this is the farthest we have made it in a pregnancy.  So, i went in to start the ultrasound and then he could come in after.  The tech started with the external u/s and then stated "oh, can't see nothing like that, we will have to do a TV u/s" I said "is something wrong" she replied Oh can't tell you that (very sarcastically) By the end of leaving that U/S I was in tears, the tech was completely insincere, I said to her this is scarying me,I think I will go to the hospital and her reply was you gotta do what you gotta do and walked out.  So the end result was we went to the ER, the doctor and the nursing staff there were completely sincere!!! The doctor order an ultrasound the next day and asked that we return for the results immediately.  So by all counts I should be 12 weeks pregnant, the results came back in at eight weeks pregnant, with no heartbeat, and the doctor stated that it`s not good news and more than likely I miscarried the baby, and said to go and see my doctor for followup test.  My problem is that we just miscarried a little one at the end of June this year and fell pregnant again right away. For this baby I have been on progesterone suppositories since I found out and I have had NO bleeding or cramping.  I just don`t understand, my doctor says it is possible to be off 4 weeks and he doesn`t see any reason why I would have a miscarriage.  He has ordered another ultrasound for this coming Monday, to see if it is viable, this wait is ABSOLUTE AGONY!!!!!!! but I am also scared for it to come, incase the results are not good!! and I swear my mind and body, have gone into co-hoots to turn me crazy, my body is saying you are still pregnant and my mind is telling my different.  I guess I am                PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE for me and everyone who has been or is being put through this type of torture!!!!!!!!!!
Hi ladies its amaizing how we all go through difficulties in our lives just for us to be mothers. I had my first scan when i was 7 weeks 3days and my baby was fine a heart beat was seen and a sac was seen as well.  Yesterday i noticed i was spotting some brown stuff so i thought there was nothing wrong as i spotted a lot with my first daughter so i decided to book myself in a private clinic to have a scan.  two doctors confirmed that my fetus had miscarried at 8weeks 5days which was two weeks ago.  I was so devastated and i cried and cried as it took me ten years before i had my baby.  In my tears i remembered that God is able remember how God parted the red sea.  My friend was very suppotive as she stood in prayer with me for God to revive the baby so his name could be Glorified.  Yopu know a believing christian that i am it was so hard to think God could do this but today i had another scan and the baby has a faint heartbeat.  I am so happy because i know God has made the impossible possible.  Please stand in agreement with me that when i go back to the hospital on monday my baby will have a stronger heart beat and he will continue to grow.  i pray for each and everyone of you experiencing a difficult time and i know at the end of the day Gow will always be glorified in your life.  One piece of advice dont just believe every report you get because after reading all the info on this forum and trusting in God i know that my baby shall live and not die.  Please pray for me and i will continue to pray for all of you
Hi all,

My advice to anyone who has doubts about their diagnosis is to get a second opinion.  I am an interpreter and see how people are misdiagnosed.  I’ve also been through a miscarriage and I know the heartache of losing a child.    
Although doctors are experts, they are also humans and mistakes are made.  Most of us will simply do what the doctor says because “he/she” knows best but sometimes they don’t.  I am not talking for every single doctor out there because I have been blessed to have met excellent doctors.  But please….GET A SECOND OPINION.  Only you know your body and only you know your symptoms.  
I have seen cases in which doctor’s advice women to have a D&C’s because the fetus isn’t growing according to statistics.  Some women have done as the doctor says….others have gone further as to talk to someone higher up (specialist/experts) - in some cases the fetus was ok.
If you’re ever told there is no heartbeat…..ask for the clinic’s protocol.  Most clinics will give you a second ultrasound or test in a week.  Never give up hope.  This is your baby, your body and you have the right to get the care and help you deserve.
Good l uck!
I went in for my first check at 8.5 weeks yesterday. Fetus was measuring at 7 weeks and no heartbeat detected. No signs of a miscarriage right now. I had extreme morning sickness with previous pregnancies and this one hasn't been as bad. No one offered me a follow up US. They did give me my options but I leave on a biz trip on Monday so no time to do anything if I wanted to. I think I want another f/u US before I do anything though. Funny - this pregnancy was such a surprise and unplanned (have 2 other children and we were done) but I'm extremely saddened by this news and hoping for a miracle. How long should I wait for another US?
I've been reading everyone's post looking for some hope. I'm 10 weeks and 4 days along according to my cycle. Yesterday they listened for a heart beat for the first time and found nothing. The dr has not given me an actual US yet. She said to come back in 2 weeks and she would try again. I'm worried sick that something is wrong. This is my first. The dr didn't mention anything about a m/c so i've got my fingers crossed. Can anyone shed some light on my situation?
Hi there...I am 11 weeks pregnant today and I just came back from a doc appt. They were able to hear the heartbeat, but said that (before they did it) they may not, because it may still be too soon. Don't worry so much yet. An ultrasound will determine if there is a heartbeat better that the monitor will. I'm sure everything will be fine for you.

Let me know,
Lisa
Dear Everyone,

Upon reading all your stories. gives me another hope. Last Friday , April 24 was my first ultrasound, and found no baby and no heartbeat, the ultrasound technician lady said only sac she found. They did the transvaginal ultrasound after the ultrasound, and still the same.
It's very devastating for me and my husband to hear from my doctor that my baby is dead inside of me. i couldn't believe it. i had no bleeding, nothing at all.

please help me interpret history of my menstrual cycle, maybe its too early to detect my baby using ultrasound. im still hoping.

year 2008 menstrual cycle
march 9,10,11
april 7,8,9
may 12,13,14
june 13,14,15
july 21,22,23
aug. 20,21,22
sept 22,23,24
oct. 27, 28,29
nov. no period
dec. 9,10, 11

2009 cycle
jan. 25,26,27
feb. no period
march 18. first pregnancy test was +
march 27 first visit to the doctor
april 24, 2nd visit to the doctor, first ultrasound no baby, no heartbeat
May 4 3rd visit to the doctor, im still hoping that i will see my baby and that there's a heartbeat.

I don't really even know how many weeks im pregnant, coz if i were to compute based on my LMP its 13 weeks now.

I am really hoping and praying with the miracle will happen to my baby.....

Thanks everyone.

From very very sad couple. :-(

Hello everyone,
i have a simular story!   im suppose to be around 10-11 weeks but im measuring about 10 weeks. My last period was 7th of feb.09. i went to my first appointment on 4/24/09. The doctor did a pelvic u/s and we saw a fetas but no heart . sohe told me to com back on monday 4/27/09 .I go ,back and he still dosent see a heart and began to explain my opptions either i could wait for a miscarraige (miscarriage) or have a procedure done to abort. Well i decided to call another doctor that day to get an appt.and my appointment is today ive been so nervous and lost losts of sleep but i cant help thinking what this day is going to turn out to be. im praying for a miricle today. I pray that  God bless everyone and good luck.
Sorry ,  it was a no go!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
No heart, so we are scheduled for a d&c on tues.5/05/09. i pray it dosnt happen befor then.  good luck and many prayers goes out to you all.(so sad)!
Ladies, I'm so sorry for your losses.  
Tara, the D&C will physically not be too bad at all.  Maybe some cramping that day. As far as emotional healing - hang in there. Let your body rest for a couple months and then you can try again.  Best wishes to you all!!!
Can anyone help me?  I have read through all these stories and I am becoming more and more frightened.  I am 7.5weeks pregnant and we had to conceive with an egg donor using icsi with our ivf.  Our initial hcg count was 156 and 3 days later it was 496.  I went for my first t/v u/s and the tech couldn't see a heartbeat but kept telling me that it might be too early and that she can't tell me anything, I will have to wait for 4 days for our dr to give us the report.  I went directly to my dr after the u/s and told her what had happened.  There are two sacs but neither my boyfriend or I saw anything in the sacs?  My dr has me going for blood tests every two days for a week to see what my hcg level is, but I have to wait for another week which is really worrying us.  This is our 6th attempt with ivf but first with egg donor.  My dr mentioned missed abortion as a possibility????  I have had no bleeding etc.  I have had naseau but no vomiting and my breasts are really sore and I am constipated and have gas (none of which are typical for me)  I didn't have any cramping until after the news today and I don't know if I'm imagining it or something is really happening.  I have been suffering terribly with a cough and cold for 4 full weeks but have refused to take anything as I knew I was pregnant.  Does anyone have any uplifting thoughts?  Have you heard of anyone getting a heartbeat after 8weeks that wasn't present at 7.5 weeks?
Hi everyone,
It's been 10 wks since my last period but 5 days ago I started bleeding so went for an early scan 2 days ago. The nurse said the foetus is only 4mm and there is no heartbeat. This means it is either a failed pregnancy OR my dates are wrong. I ASSURED her that my dates are right, in fact, I also told her that I have actually been FERTILISED for AT LEAST 44 days (over 6 wks) as that is when I did my first test. Apparently the system will not allow her to confirm that the pregnancy has ended JUST IN CASE my dates are wrong? (which suggests I'm either lying or an idiot) I have to go back in a week to check growth. I find this appalling - I know what is happening and she knows what is happening yet legally she can't say it. It means that I am now dealing with the loss of my baby and receiving no support when I need it. I can't tell work that I've lost the baby even though I know I have because I still have to take time off next week to go back for the rescan ... and then again maybe if I have to take the pill/have D&C. What a terrible system!
For everyone who isn't sure about their dates then there is, of course, still hope - doctors CAN be wrong! But if, like me, you are sure of your dates I guess you're all intelligent enough to work things out for yourselves.
Don't give up hope though. I've been trying for 8 years to have a baby and this was the best thing that ever happened to me BUT obviously the baby wasn't healthy and that's why this has happened. I'll keep trying!
Will let you know what the scan says next week. Good luck everyone xx  
Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this website. I'm going through the same situtation. I read all the stories (some positive and some negative) but I still have hope for a positive outcome. My LMP was on April 25 and I'm 9 weeks and 5 days. Tues was my first appt. We saw baby and egg yolk but no h/b. They measured the baby and baby stopped growing at 8 wks 6 days. I was told I will miscarry. I find it hard to believe there is something wrong with my baby. I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 7 months ago (I also have a 13 yr old). both my babies were born small (weighing 5.9 lbs and 6.0 at 38 weeks). I'm just hoping there is a delay in growth and the baby is ok. They are giving me two weeks for it to pass or else we are scheduling a D&C. I find it hard to believe that my baby is not alive. I still feel pregnant. I go back July 15th. I will keep you guys posted.
I had a miscarriage 7 months ago and am now 7 weeks pregnant again. I have been spotting and went to the ER. An ultrasound was order. I had it today and no heartbeat can be detected. I am extremely devestated. Dealing with this is very difficult and I don't know if I can handle another one. I am scheduled to get more blood work done in two days time to see if my hormone levels rise or drop then the doctor will see about ordering me another u/s. I am extremely worried about loosing another baby.

But with that said I am receiving much better care this time. In my first pregnancy my GP was adimant that I lost the baby because I got pregnant on the pill but my gyn said that the pill would have no effect as to i I miscarried or not. I started bleeding heavly one evening and my husband brought me to the hospital and the doctor actually told me off for panicking and "wasting" his time. When I strted bleeding this time I was actually scared to go to the hospital but the LPN was very nice and supportative. I hope all goes well on friday and my levels are rising. Then the U/S will show a heartbeat. please keep me in your prayers and I will do the same for you. I know God has a plan, I just hope his plan is for me to have a beautiful, healthy baby.
I went for a U/S last Wednesday and I should  have been 8wks and 3 days it was my second U/S and the first one was perfect. The second one showed no heart beat and that the baby stopped growing. Im still feeling very pregnant and my dr just says its because i still have the baby inside even though the baby is not viable he said my symptoms will still be there. However im nervous that maybe they were wrong and just were unable to see the baby good. They did not set me up with a follow up U/S to confirm their finding. I go to the ob on Monday and i am scheduled for a D/C on Tuesday. Should I request another U/S just to give my self peace of mind or do I just go with what the Dr. says?
I have just spent the last couple of hours reading all the posts...  
A little about me.. I am 43 I have 2 grown children 22 & 23.. My new hubby also has 2, but we wanted so much to try to have one together. I just had my 6th miscarriage with him.. I had had 1 more long ago.  So that is 8 total..  my first m/c they did a d&c because I was about 14 weeks and it was twins.. the next one was natural.. next one was a d&c.. and all the rest have been natural...  I can not believe how many docs are so eager to schedule the d&c.. partly, because they should allow us some time to accept everything and mostly because what IF they were wrong..  unless you are carrying a fetus for a long period of time and it becomes unhealthy for mom, why not let it happen naturally???  Every d&c causes some amount of scare tissue..
It also upsets me that docs just give up, because that's what the books say.. I have a friend who has had a couple of miscarriages.. she just shared with me that she usually goes for her u/s and if the heartbeat is low, then the doc tells her she will m/c and they schedule the d&c... I'm sorry, but that is the fine line between abortion and miscarriage. I think, in MOST cases, your body will expel on it's own... your body needs to run it's cycle and when it realizes it is not pregnant anymore.. maybe not as quickly as you know, then it will fix itself...  and you know after reading today... sometimes.. it DOES work out for the good...
My heart goes out to all of you.. I don't know if I will try anymore.. maybe I have to accept that the only little life my hubby and I will share is our new puppy...   I wish I could give you all a warm hug and tell you it's ok...  but we are women.,, we are the stronger of the sexes..  we are the ones who's bodies go through daily, monthly, yearly wars on ourselves!!!
And we are the ones who will smile, when it's over and move on...
Hi to you all

Firstly, Im so sorry to read that so many of you have had sad experiences and others of you are presently experiencing difficult and stressful times. I am going through tough times too.I am 29 and its my first pregnancy and we are thrilled! We went for our first scan at about 6 weeks, and were told we were too soon to see a heartburn.The gynae,my husband and I thought we were a little further along,more 7 weeks, but according to the size of the yolk sac, we were a week behind.To be honest Im still not too sure when we conceived because I ovulated late in my 28day cycle.... Very strange!! We went for a second scan 10 days later, now being just under 8 weeks, i think, and the gynae looked very concerned. He said our sac was under size and that he could not see a heart beat. If I remember correctly he may have said he could not see an embryo. We were so shocked that I cant really remember what he said! He said to expect a misscarriage this weekend or if not before our next scan in 3 days then I must concider a DMC.

My question to you all:
our next scan is in 3 days.Is that enough time to see a heartbeat? After reading all your messages 7-10 days seems the amount time people are choosing to wait. The doc said the embryo could be too close to the wall...could this be so??
Im trying not to get my hopes up, just feeling very sad!
thanks for listening

any advise?
Sorry, I have not yet read all the messages before posting mine, but Tavie 13...you are an inspiration. You are still so strong and have been through so much-admirable!

I also meant to say D/C not a DMC.sorry.

Hang in there to all of you!!
All the best
Hi all there,
I'm happy 2 find this webpage. Happy 2 know dat I'm not alone in this struggle but it's too late 2 be of any help 2 me now coz I've already lost my little one two days back when I went to ob/gyn for an internal u/s with da result of seeing no movements or heartbeats although baby was measuring 7w2d on u/s n it was 8th week of gestation. Beta-hcg level was only 19000mIU/ml which also means dat pregnancy was not viable  Anyway my doc didn't give me any choice n gave me pills to speed up the miscarriage process. Now after reading most of da messages written here I regret that I have made an early decision but I was helpless my doc didn't give me any hope. But I'm just thinking it was all my fault I shouldn't have taken any meds. n should have waited for another couple of weeks 2 be sure that it was a case of missed miscarriage... But it was my first success after being ttc for 1 whole year. I don't know who is to blame. I found this page when it was already too late.
Anyways my advice 2 all of u ppl out there is that u should avoid doing u/s in early weeks of pregnancy n if u see anything unexpected on u/s then just don't panic n wait for atleast 10-11 weeks n see what happens. Some babies do grow differently atleast give them a chance unless they get miscarried naturally.
Feeling very sad on losing my first one. Pray for me n my husband plz.
Madiha  
I'm 14 weeks, just come back from ER,cause i'm having back pain and some ligth blood.they make me wait 5 hours and then after got check they told me
that they can't find the fetus and no hearthbeat.I'm devastated.they told me i need to wait from now til 5 days to see if i will have the miscarriage.I cannot stop cry.Pray for me all;the baby still in my body rigth now.I don't what is going to happen.
I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to you.  I'm going thru some hard times too.  I'm 7w 4d pregnant and went for a sonogram yesterday and they couldn't find a heartbeat.  They told me to go next week for another sonogram.  I have been spotting ever since I found out I was pregnant, thank God I haven't seen any red blood, just brown and its only when I wipe.  I have 3 healthy boys and I have never ever spotted thru out the my pregnancies.
I believe God does everything for a reason. I really want this pregnancy, but if I miscarry I will be satisfied for whatever comes my way.  I thank him for giving me my 3 boys, I know there are so many women out there that can't conceive but he has blessed me with mine, which I am so appreciated.

Thank you all for letting me share my situation and good luck to everyone.  Remember God loves you all and only gives you what he feels is right for you.
I just found out I was pregnant on friday (today is sunday).  When the doctor did a vaginal ultrasound he determined that the baby was 8 weeks, but there is no heartbeat.  It was the weirdest feeling ever, finding out I was pregnant and that I was going to miscarry in a 10 minute period.  My husband and I were not trying as we have a baby that jut turned one and were planning on trying to conceive in April, but still, we would have been excited to have a new surprise member of our family.  I know that if the baby were viable there would be a heartbeat by 8 weeks, but I am still holding out hope.  I have had no spotting and some slight cramping.  The cramping didn't start until after I found out I was going to lose the baby, so I am wondering how much of it is psychological.  I have a D&C scheduled for tomorrow, but will have the doctor check for a heartbeat again before I go under anesthesia.  I had a 6 week fetal death in between having my two boys and after 2 months my body didn't reject the fetus so I had to have a D&C then as well.  At this point the doctors have no idea how long the fetus has been there bc I had an IUD and haven't had a period since I had it removed on June 2nd (it's now september 20th)...so we have no idea when I actually got pregnant.  This whole thing is really upsetting and I completely feel for anyone who is going through it or has gone through it.
Don't worry to much. I have Lupus, seizures, and asthma. It is supposed to be impossible for me to get pregnant, but I am. It has been an up and down battle trying to keep my baby alive. But they finnally found the heart beat last week at about 8 weeks. The baby is over developed in some areas, and underdeveloped in other aspects. each baby is different and each pregnancy is different. If your baby is going to miscarriage, it will do so on it's own without anyone helping it. so sit back and relax. I'm not sure if you believe in god but if you do, pray to have a healthy strong baby. My latest complication with my baby is her neuro tube isn't closing as fast as it should. but I jnow it will. stay positive. We as humans have alot of control over our bodies, if we stay positive. I work in the hospital, and I see it all the time. The people that truly are positive are the ones walking a day or two after open heart surgery. I will keep you in my prayers and I wish all the best for you and your baby
Hi yesterday i was 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant and just at 7 weeks and 1 day i got some brown blood and same next day with light period pains. Myself and my husband went for a scan yesterday and there was no heart beat we are so upset as this was our first baby and we were trying for a year and half. I had a cyst and polyp removed from my womb in july so we were over the moon when we discovered i was preg.  The doctor wants us to go back next week for a scan but its not looking good in so many words they say it i will miscarry in the next week days.  I think the scan next week is to ensure everything is gone. Meanwhile we are trying to say positive but things are not looking good and today i had some fresh red blood too its just so upsetting and sad but its nice to know iam not the only one going through this. I wish you all the best of luck and i know some day soon we will have loads of kids running around xxx
10 weeks and an assortment of test.  Non viable is all they said or maybe that's all I heard. I've got a lot of health issues but I still have no real cramping and no bleeding what so ever. I really wanted this baby. I'm still praying they could be mistaken.  I have all the ,cravings, sensitive boobs, sleepy etc. Should I have the D/C or wait. They want me to come in Mon. 10/26/09 I found out 10/22/09 I want my baby ;(

I am currently supposed to be 9 weeks pregnant. I had a slight (very slight) strip of blood. I have had cramps from before I found out I was pregnant. Actually, it was because of the pains that I found out I was pregnant. Anyhow, I went to the doctor and he said the whole pregnancy looks normal minus they can't find a heartbeat. I have seen an OB doctor who stated the same thing. He told me that we will wait another week before he does anything. I have an appt next week and he will take another blood test to see if my quant levels are still increasing and he will do another ultrasound to see if he sees a heartbeat then. The other issue is that the baby is measuring at 7 weeks 2days. My question is "is it possible that maybe the baby is still measuring too small and that's why they can't see the heartbeat". I would appreciate any ideas and a doctors answer if at all possible. I have been praying daily over myself and my child. I know that I have to surrender my child and leave it in God's hands. I would just like to know if this could be a possibility as to why they can't see a heartbeat.
Hi everyone, After reading everyone's post's I feel so confused, I feel happiness for some and sorrow for others and my head feels like mush.

on the monday 2nd of november i taken my first pregnancy test which was barley visable (very faint), tuesday i done another one first thing in the morning and it was very faint but still there, i went to the doctors on wed where he gave me a urine test i was told i will be due on the 17th june 2010.thursday i taken the 3rd home pregnancy test, sunday the 4th, on the thursday 19th november i taken a 5th which was more stronger and on the thursday 26th november i taken the 6th which came up positive straight away and very strong. However I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant by now and it was also the day of my 12 week scan. To me and my husbands suprise the nurses told us we would have to have an internal scan as they couldnt see anything, which we went ahead with. they told us we were more around 4-5 weeks pregnant but possibly a failed pregnancy as they couldn't hear/see a heartbeat. They showed us the screen and we could see a perfectly round circle which we were told was the embryo. we were booked in for another internal scan for the 3rd december (today) and had another internal scan and passed between 5 different nurses/doctors to be told that we have failed pregnancy at 7 weeks as still no heart beat, myb uteras has grown 2.3cm since last week but there is a yolk sac? but no fetal pole.  so they have advised me to have a d&c. i have had no cramping or bleeding and feel as though they could be wrong. i have not had one single blood test throughout my babys short time and feel so lost. is there a chance they could be wrong??
Hi Everybody,
I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnent, last tuesday i started bleeding, went to the doctor and he gave me Duphaston and cyclogest and the bleeding stopped , yesterday I went to the doctor again for US and there is no beat and the baby is small, so he gave me another appointement for next Saturday to check if it is same situation  we will have to end pregnancy...

any clue?
Hi everyone, I am so surprised that there are other women who are going through the same thing i am going through. I am 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I had an u/s done today for an estimated due date and he could see the sac but no baby. I could see no baby either. He said that the sac stopped growing at about five weeks, so something must have happened 3.5-4 weeks ago. I have had no signs or symptoms of a miscarriage. Has anybody had this happen to them before, and the outcome turned out good.
I don't know if there is any timeline on when your body will dispel a fetus once it has died. Seven months ago I went in for an 11 wk u/s (my first) with and no heartbeat was detected. The baby only measured 8wks 3days, so had been gone for quite some time. I had a hard time accepting this, and so the next day I went to the ER and they did another u/s and again, saw the baby but no heartbeat. They gave me the three options too..misoprostal, natural, d&c. I was in such denial that I left without a decision but had an appointment for five days later with another doctor in the same hospital and pretty much the same thing went on as before. Still, I didn't know what to do, even after seeing my baby with no heartbeat for the third time in six days, but was in shock so I just went home, expecting that after
Continued from right above....

three weeks I should naturally miscarry soon. I still had tender breasts and exhaustion, but when I thought back on it, I had suddenly stopped feeling nausea in the mornings a few weeks before and had thought it was due to my getting near the end of my first trimester, now I know different.

Anyway, after waiting it out for another four days I made an appointment with yet another doctor (recommended by a friend) who gave me the same scans and verified the same thing. So this time I decided to go ahead with the meds. I took them on a Monday and it is supossed to work within 24 hours, but after two days, nothing had happened, not even spotting or cramping. So the doc called in a second dose and I took those as well. Two days later and still nothing! The next day I scheduled the D&C and it was over quickly. I wish now that I had went ahead with that much sooner, as I suffered emotionally for nearly a month knowing my baby was gone.

Good news though! I'm 11 weeks pregnant again, due August 23rd, and at a 9wk 4day u/s saw a strong heartbeat and what appeared to be a fetus of normal growth. I'm even getting a little bit of a belly already. (Was only about 103 pre-pregnancy so I guess that's why I'm showing early) Good luck everyone, there is hope after such devestating loss.
This happened to me back in 05.  I was 8 weeks with no heartbeat, they told me to come back in two weeks.  I went back at week 10, still no heartbeat.  The u/s showed a sac, but no fetal pole.  I still felt pregnant, but they said it probably stopped around 8 weeks.
I was scheduled for a DNC, but the day before it, I passed it all naturally.  It was the hardest thing I'd ever experienced, emotionally.  Physically, it wasn't really that bad.  That was 5 years ago, and no pregnancy since.  
I thought I was pregnant (now) but just had a blood test that showed negative.  Ugh.  My period is late (which is very abnormal).  I just want to give up on the whole pregnancy roller coaster now.
hi all,
ive been for my dating scan this morning ( 5/2/10) and i found out that im 9 weeks pregnant but i was so upset when the radiologist found out that my baby was no heart beat basing on the monitor. She said theres a lot of causes why this happen, i was so heartbroken because this will be my 2nd m/c if ever.
me and my husband decided to seek for second opinion or another scan just to make it sure the real condition of my baby...we are still hoping for a miracle that my baby is safe....
hello everybody,

thank all of you ladies who have shared your stories and advise on this web page. im so scared i dont know what to think any more. my girlfriend and myself are wanting a baby we have a 4 yr old daughter already. we wanted to try again for a baby boy. but sence we are both females its not so easy for us to get pregnant. so we got a donor a friend of ours donated to us and my girlfriend insiminated me here at our home.  people know this as turkey baster method but any ways according to the date we did it i would have been 8.5 weeks pregnant when we went to our first doc. appt. on the 11th of feb. the doc. did my exam and said everything is perfect the only thing is that my uterus seemed like i would be further along than 8.5 weeks but we only had one chance of getting pregnant so she said that the only other reason would be twins. my girl and i were very supprised and happy to hear that so the doc. took us in to do an u/s the u/s tech. took us in and did and exturnal u/s she said every thing looked ok but she couldnt see a baby or a heart beat so she desided to do an enternal u/s she was still not able to find a hearbeat or a baby. she said my uterus was tilted towerd the back i dont really know what that means. so she looked around a little and she said ovaries, uterus everything is good. but still no baby, no heartbeat and the sac is only messuring 6weeks 1 day and i also have a blood clot about the same size of the sac itself  on my uterus. so the doc came in and said to prepare to miscarry. she still wanted to check my hcg levels to see if my levels were dropping so i did labs on thurs. and went back on sat. morning and did more labs. the doc called sat. afternoon with the results my levels had dropped from 19000 to 17000 the doc said i would miscarry within the next 2-3 weeks. i just dont know what to do im so scared i really belive in the power of prayer.we want this baby so bad its just hard to face the facts and just give up. i dont feel any different i still feel very pregnant. still getting nauses after every meal, very sleepy, moody,bloated, tender breasts, sore nipples, bubble gutts, constipation. i also dont have any signs of miscarraige (miscarriage) no bleeding, cramping nothing. i just dont know what to think all the scienctific stuff says miscarriage but my body is telling me different. if anybody can give me any advise or just even your prayers we would greatly appreciate it thank you ladies very very much.  

kiki
I'm not sure how to start...I found out I was pregnant in Dec and had my first m/c the day after Christmas.  My doctor told me I had a total m/c nothing had to be done and if we got pregnant in Jan it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but Feb would be best.  Well oops, I found out I was pregnant again late January.   Because of the m/c in December my doc had me come in for an u/s at 5wks (baby 3wks) and he thought he saw 2 sacs.  So he sent me for blood work and a high res u/s at the hospital.  My hcg was high but the u/s showed nothing.  So I was sent for more blood work and another u/s 10 days later.  Blood work came back with hcg not rising very quickly so they told me either twins to one or something might be wrong...the u/s tech can see only one sac but no heartbeat and thinks there was only one to begin with and that I will be sent back for another u/s.  I just had a "gush" this afternoon, no cramping or any bleeding to follow and nothing like the m/c I had back in December (I knew as it was happening and it could be nothing else).

I guess now I'm just scared and looking for somewhere to turn.  I don't like the unknown and waiting for results is not a strong point of mine.

Thanks for giving me a chance to put it all out there.  My husband and I haven't really been able to talk to anyone other than each other, we decided not to tell many people about this pregnancy since we had the m/c last time.

Lj78
My situation is kind of similar to Kiki's. Last week I went to my Dr on Thursday just to see the results of a bunch of lab work and to see how far along I was. Well the dr did a transvaginal ultrasound and figured out the baby was 7 weeks 4 days. We even saw a heartbeat. I was so excited to see that little flicker of light on the screen. She told me everything looked perfect except my uterus was measuring at 14weeks so I had to schedule another ultrasound with a perinatal center the next morning. My dr figured my uterus was larger due to either maybe twins or a few years back I had a really bad c-section (lots of scarring) The next morning I went in for my ultrasound super excited to see my baby again no even worried about anything. The U/S tech tried to find the baby transvaginally but could find anything. She told me I had a lot of scarring and made it hard to see. She did did a U/S on my belly and couldnt find a heartbeat. She told me I would miscarry and that I had a few options. I was in shock how did my pregnancy and my baby go from being perfect to having to prepare myself for miscarriage. I have an appointment next friday but Im freaking out. In less that 12 hours my babys heart stopped... Is that even possible... Is it possible the U/S tech could have been wrong... Maybe the baby is too little and I just got lucky the first U/S. All I can do is cry trying to accept the fact I have let my baby go. Is it at all possible that little being in my belly is alive....? Please help..
i found out 4 weeks ago i was pregnant.i went for a scan one the 19th march and they said that there was no heart beat and that it was about 6 weeks old.im worried after reading all these comments that they could have got it wrong im in new zealand.and im meant to go back to hospital to sort out what i want to do.i still have bad morning sickness and im so so tired im starting to think that everything that they have said to me is wrong and im unsure what i should do now if there is a chance that the baby is ok at all and they told me its not and i end it i would feel so bad about that is there anyone out there could tell me what i should do
I would strongly suggest never to go for D&C if the sac is still intact even if there is no heart beat. WHen I had my ultra sound with my daughter (now 4 yrs) they only saw an empty sac with no yolk sac. THe Dr. feared that i might m/c but i kept my firgers crossed. I went for an u/s again after 15 days and they could see the heart beat.
Also my friend she had no heart beat till 10 weeks. She was scheduled for a D&C when i stopped her and made her wait a little longer. and there she is, enjoying a healthy pregnancy.
I went for my first u/s on April 5th.  I was 7 weeks 3 days. U/s tech said that she could not find heartbeat. My doc didn't give much hope.  He told me the I should expect to miscarry within the next few days to next few weeks.  My husband and I were crushed. We decided to have a second u/s.  It will be on Tuesday. Please pray for us.
I went to the doctor yesterday and by my lmp i should of been 8 weeks, but by the ultrasound they thought i was more like 7 weeks, but they didn't see a heartbeat. My doctor said that they really should see a heartbeat by 7 weeks it's kinda stretching it, but she wants in ultrasound me again in on the April 19th and see if they see a heart beat then, so i should be alitte over 8 weeks and if they don't see one then, i should consider a d/c. I didn't know if anyone has not heard there baby's heart beat until after 8 weeks. My husband and I just went through a miscarriage in oct. 09, it was a blighted ovum. I'm only 24 and didn't think it should be this hard, but i just didn't know when to let this baby go. we are still praying that it will show the heart beat next time. And i wanted to know about d/c. Last time i just let the m/c happen naturally.
I am sorry to see so many similar conditions. I have been 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. Since then i had U/S two times. Once at 5 weeks and 4 days and another today. Doctor said no hear beat. She is asking for another week to test. During 6th and 7th week i had cold and cough. Doctor gave me Antibiotic and cough siroup . Could that be a problem ? Doctor also says that my Ovary might be week.

What do you suggest ? What should I do ?
I should be 8 weeks pregnant now.I went to the doctor today, had an o/s and they said that the baby had no heartbeart. Two weeks ago, the baby DID have a heartbeart at 99 beats/minute. The doctor says it is absolute it is a miscarriage, but I still have doubts. I have had spotting a couple of times, but no cramps, and no heavy bleeding...and I have been having pregnancy symptoms(sore breasts, fatigue, heavy stomach) the whole time! I went ahead and scheduled a dnc for tomorrow, but I am having doubts. What if it was misdiagnosed??? Please help, this is my first pregnancy. Thank you!
By my LMP my due date is 12/08/10.  By my first u/s today, it is 12/09/2010.  But the u/s didn't show a h/b. They sent me straight back to the dr and I was told to consider a d&c but I won't.  I agree with a poster above, I believe that embryo's and fetus' can and do grow at their own rate....not just as statistics.  I also believe in the awesome power of God and that of "mind over body."  The baby might be a little younger than they (the medical profession) believes it is. Maybe it's too close to the placenta. Maybe it's shy!  :)   When calculating dates, remember that there can be a two week difference - more or less.  

I'm 42 and my husband of one year is 49.  This will be my fifth child and his first biological child.  We found out I was pregnant on his birthday...can't take back a b'day gift, now can I?  

I can't believe how matter-of-fact they were.  When did they start doing this?  Are they intentionally trying to reduce the population?  Are the insurance companies that desperate to reduce costs?  I don't know how far along I was with my first four when I heard their hb, but I do remember that sometimes it was the second or third visit before it was heard.  I was always reassured and there was NEVER a mention of a dead or lost baby.

My baby is the correct size according to everyone's statistics, and yet they want me to abort it because their expensive equipment can't detect a hb at 8 1/2 weeks?  Nope.  If I lose it, it will be by the will of God, not murder by my hand (no offense to the ladies who chose to end it...it is a very emotionally debilitating situation).  I can handle a natural mc much easier than a d&c, but that's me.  

The last few days my breasts haven't been as sore, but I was expecting that to end at some point anyway so I didn't think anything of it.  Except for that I am still having all the same symptoms of pregnancy.  

I am going to continue to take the best care of my body that I possibly can, believing that my baby is alive and well.  Meanwhile, I will schedule a second u/s through a different party for two weeks from now.  That will give the baby plenty of time to grow.  If my baby is fine, I will be changing doctors asap!  
i was told that i was pregnant 3 days later was told baby no more, no heart beat miscarge and at he hosptial was booked apointment 2half wk later for the baby taken out. well i missed apiontment just had a cold and had to rebook 3wks later about.
1 wk before midwife at the Dr Sug ask me to come in as she hasnot seen me for while, i didnot get a chance to speak see cheaked me over the heart beat and had the speakers loud so i could hear.
i was shoked when she said what a heathly baby!
i was in tears and told her i was told baby was dead etc....
she phone the hosptial and was abit shoked her self , I was just gald that i didnot go to the appointment i had a boy 3 now ,
my advise wait if you think there is a problem and Dr s etc neaver 100%.

im going through the exact same thing doctors told me i was 8/9 weeks and there is no heartbeat in the baby but i no for definate im only 6-7 weeks and am hoping at my next scan in 2 weeks time that they find a normal heartbeat :( i feel for every single woman going through this because im just so devastated, try and stay positive but be prepeared for the worst. hope thhis helps a bit :)
Hi, I am 31yrs and found out that I was pregnant on the 14th May. The ultra sound stated that I was 5wks. However I think it was less. Anyway I did another u/s on the 8th June and it showed  8wks and the doctors said that the sac is present but no embryo. I did another u/s today, 1wk later and it still showed 8wks and still no embryo. The doctor suggested that I do a DNC. I am scared and uncertain to have that done but I am a bit concerned that my estimated amount of weeks did not change. The Dr. said that I have a 'false' pregnancy. He thold me that I would have passed it out since the 8th of JUNE but nothing happened. My tummy is not growing but I still feel tired and is having alot of cramps. Do you guys have any advice?
Lorrie
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and my first us i saw the heartbeat and it was healthy, well maybe 3 weeks later i had a small blood clot and then maybe 2 days later had bleeding after me and my husband had intercourse.. so i went to the doctor and they told me i wasnt as far along as i thought i was and its to early to see a heartbeat.. but i saw a heartbeat almost a month before which would have made me way less pregnant than i am now.. my doctor told me that my baby is the same size as my first us and i just keep praying to God that my baby will grow and it's just a small baby. can that happen? Please help with information. it's such a bad feeling to have noit knowing anything you know.

-Shelby
i went for an early scan today and i should be 9 weeks i have been told that im only measuring 7 weeks 2 days and there is no heart beat i started bleeding this mornin no pain i also have had a bad smear test with servere disscarcosus unsure how to spell so unsure if bleeding is for that when they put colour on screen it was showing blood pumpin but not near the baby they want me to have a dc on wenesday but im not sure is there any possible chance they could have misdiagnosed or its too early!
I have been reading all of these post's, and felt I needed to share something I went through five year's ago....
I took a home PG test, cause I was trying to have another child, and when it came back positive, I was dancing down the hallway with excitement and made a doc appointment.
They did a blood test and claimed my blood cell or count way to high, and it appeared to be a not so good sign to the doctor's, so they set me up for an ultrasound. The lady doing the ultrasound would not let me know much and told me that my doctor will explain the result's to me.
Went back to the doctor and she used a portable ultrasound to check for herself, and there was one baby that masured at 5 week's, and another at 7 week's.... no heartbeat was found.
I made another appointment to have a 2nd ultrasound done at the office to repeat this same ultrasound 1 week later, and when that day arrived, i found the doctor telling me that there was no change, and no heartbeat. She told me I lost them, and said that I needed to have a D&C to remove the fetal tissue. But when I looked at the same ultrasound, i thought that the little white spot on one of the baby's had looked larger since the last time I had the ultrasound done, but i of course, was not the doctor...  my heart broke, and I walked out of there in tears after making 1 more appointment for 2 week's later.
I went in there with just a tiny bit of hope that the doctor was wrong.
We were looking at this ultrasound, and another doctor walked in and relooked the ultrasound over, but still there was no heartbeat. But to me, it once again apeared that the white spot had gotten even bigger.. but this time the new doctor had gave me some progestrone and it may not of helped any, it may just of been the doc's way of making me believe she was trying to show she cared....but it gave me what I needed "HOPE" ..... 2 week's later and a 4th ultrasound, at 10 week's, I got to see the first heartbeat of my little girl... the other fetus had died and disolved (known as the vanishing twin) ...
My "BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL" is now 4 in a half year's old.
I know that there's some that faith and time wont help, but I believe that anyone that is being pushed by there doctor to have a D&C done, need's to offer themselves and that baby a little more time.
If I would off allowed that doctor to do that D&C, she would of killed my daughter.... Technolagy is not "Alway's" right, and some doctors can miss some very important detail's and assume to quickly.
I have 5 beautiful children, ages 14, 12, 9, 4 and 1 and went through 2 miscarriages plus the lost twin.
Keep the faith and hope until you know for sure!
Ithought I was 7 weeks and I was actually only supposably 5-6 and the couldnt see the heart beat but then they did the tranvaginal u/s and found the heart beat. I must of found out i was pregnant at only 3-4 weeks... maybe you are not as far along as you thought.. hope all goes well..
hi there i found out i was pregs at just 3 weeks i started getting really bad pains on my right side so my doctor sent me to early pregnancy unit to be sure it was not in my tubes. my lmp was 25th june 2010 and im a 36 day not regular so anyway they said i was 7 weeks but i knew i wasnt because i knew when we had been well you no what i mean i conceived on the 4th of july so there for i knew i was only 5 weeks 5 days and when i had my scan they said there was a yolk sac but there was no heart beat so come back in 10 days but they said they were sure i would mc anyway i knew how far i was and they kept telling me they new best but hay they were wrong because i went back and i was 8 weeks and baby is doing fine strong heart beat and baby was moving arms and legs about i guess what im saying is just try not to worry and wait things out you are the only ones who no your bodys. im still really worried i will mc but just taking one day at a time as im not out of the woods yet but people keep telling me you only have 4 more weeks to go and you will be fine but that is going to be the longest 4 weeks of my life well good luck to all of you you are all in my thoughts and prays
How did you get on in the end? I would really love to hear the rest of your story.
I got an u/s 3 days ago and was told baby measured 7weeks 4 days, but with no heartbeat and that
I should schedule a d&c.
I am not going to do this, I just would prefer to miscarry naturally, we are designed to do this.
Now, having found the information on this website and many others, I am furious that, if the only thing was missing was the heartbeat, then why wasn't I advised to wait aweek or 2 more?
The attitude I got when asking what my options were, was..oh you could wait and miscarry at home, but will likely end up losing a lot of blood and end up in hospital anyway!!!!!
To think that there may even be a chance my baby is perfectly fine, (my own date put me at 6 weeks not 8)
is so maddening. my heart goes out to all those that took the doctors advice and moght be now doubting themsleves.
I am , for sure, going to take my time.
Let nature take it's course what ever that may be.
Hi everyone.  I'm 20 years old and I'm 8 weeks 'pregnant' with my first.  I went to the doctor last week for an ultrasound and they told me the concern of not having a heartbeat.  There was slight growth in comparison to the first ultrasound where all we could see was the yolk sac at 6 weeks.  Today, still no heartbeat and there was no growth.  She gave me the options of 1. going back next week to see if there would be any changes. 2. D&C  3. Natural miscarriage.  So I chose to go back next week, I pray for hope, but fear there is none. I have concerns about both D&C and natural miscarriage.  I feel as even if the baby has not survived that it will feel to me like abortion, but I also don't want to just throw it away like a piece of garbage. I don't know what to do and I'm completely scared for the worst.  What would be the best option in your opinions for the worst case scenario?
I had to write this because I was scouring the internet last week for any hope and did not find very much, although I did take a lot of comfort from reading about so many women and their experiences.  Here is my story (so far):

I went in for an US at 8.5 weeks and there was no heartbeat and the fetus measured at 6 or 7 weeks.  The nurse practitioner who did the US said she was not pleased with the quality of the pics and thought it was very grainy, but nonetheless, she left me with not a lot of hope about the pregnancy being viable.  I had to wait a week to come back for a follow up US.  They even called me in to do it a day early because they wanted to have Friday to figure out what we'd do next.  Understandably, they gave me no hope that this would turn out OK and it sounded like every missed miscarriage that I read about (or had friends experience).  No heartbeat, fetus not the right size, hormones still high, etc.  But, today I went in to the Dr. expecting to confirm that it was not viable.  But, instead, there he was, a baby with a heart beating away.  It was surreal and miraculous and funny and even a bit annoying (that I'd had such a scare the week before), but there he was.  

I just wanted to post this because I wanted to read a story like this on one of these posts and now I get to BE one of them.  Thanks for listening and thank you for being there for me.  
I'm back again.  I hoped so much for the doctors to be wrong... I started spotting this morning, then bleeding a little later... my lining is shedding now and there's nothing I can do to help my child.  It makes me feel utterly terrible.  I just want to do something so bad, but instead, I have to sit back and wait to lose my child.  I feel like a terrible mom.  I know I shouldn't but I can't help it.  I'm still getting cramps on and off and the bleeding comes and goes.  My lower back is in extreme pain mostly due to all the weight I put on in the last 8 weeks... I was hoping to be one of those miracle stories like "gasamie" but I bring you no such tale.  To all the wonderful women out there suffering from this pain, my heart goes out to you.  No one should ever have to feel this.  I think what makes it even harder is the fact that my fiance and I chose a name in the beginning that was unisex that we thought would best suit our first child... It gave us more of a connection in a sense... Well, sorry I couldn't be the bearer of great news, but I'm going to get some rest.  
I AM SANIA 7 WEEKS PREGNENT I HAVE A HEALTHY GS BUT NO HEART BEAT IS THERE ANY HOPE DOCTOR TOLD ME 100 PERCENT THERE ARE NO CHANCES THAT WORDS DISTURB ME A LOT''

CAN ANYONE HELP
I'm sorry and wish I could give you some hope.  I found this site scouring around looking for people who had the miracle stories that could give me some hope.  7 weeks was when I was told my baby didn't have a heartbeat.  You might be a lucky one that finds a heartbeat in a week or so, but I can't give you any hope.  I lost my baby yesterday morning.  I was 8 weeks and 4 days.  I hope that things work out better for you.
I had a miscarriage in December last year, there was some bleeding but always only brown/old blood. After my 5th visit to A&E they checked my cervix and found it was open. I lost the baby that evening. I was 9 weeks pregnant but don't know when the baby died as they didn't do a scan. I passed the baby at home and was the worst expereince of my life. Shortly after I found my partener was having an affair and he left me. I had Christmas and New Year by myself struggling to deal with what had happened. In June this year I met a fabulous man who wanted to marry me and have children. Shortly after he proposed and we decided to start trying for a family. I caught straight away after ovulation testing. I was so happy and excited although the fear of miscarriage was always at the back of my mind. We split up when I was 6 weeks pregnant...just couldn't get along. The only thing keeping me going was the joy of being pregnant. I was scared to be a single mum but had support of my family and friends. The baby seemed the only good thing to come out of it all. I felt a little unwell and had some brown discharge at 7.5 weeks. Had a scan and all was well, baby was fine with good heartbeat. There was no explaination to bleeding, just "one of those things" was told not to worry and to start enjoying pregnancy. Last week I began to feel unwell again. Had a scan on Friday at 10.5 weeks and found out baby's heart stopped beating not long after original scan. Today is Saturday, I'm having no bleeding or pain but I know my baby is dead. If I hadn't had the scan I would have been none the wiser. I still feel pregnant but I know I'm not. I'm booked in to have a D&C on Monday. They asked me to wait and let nature take it's course but I just can't do that. I'm sorry this story doesn't have a happy ending but I just don't know how I'm going to cope.
I had my first u/s this morning. I am supposed to be 11wks 2 days. the U/S tech said i was measuring at 8 1/2 weeks and no fetal heartbeat. this would be my second miscarriage this year.  im so very confused because this  time my bloodwork came back completely normal and i havent had any spotting or cramping and i still have pregancy symptoms. my dr said i could wait for it to pass naturally or take a med that would cause me to contract and pass  it or i could do a D&C. they also did blood work today to see if i have an auto immune deficiency or something else. i should hear back by tomorrow. I have decided to have another U/S on tues before making any decisions. im begging God for a miracle and have every bit of faith that He can make this pregnancy work. Im trusting in Him and I have thus far. Please keep me, my husband and our baby in you prayers. if i remember on tues, i will keep u all updated, (hopefully with miraculous news). thank you all for sharing your grief and success stories. both r very very helpful.
I read your post and was so sad to hear that about your pregnancy. 2 years ago I went to my doctor for yearly blood work (I have a few family disorders that I have to keep in check) and was told everything is normal and fine. 2 weeks later I began to POUR blood vaginally, so I dashed off the the ER only to be told I was miscarrying at 8 weeks I didn't even know I was pregnant. It killed me to think that I could have given birth to such a beautiful life had I only known I was pregnant. I cried for almost 3 weeks. My body miscarried naturally. Now, I'm pregnant again, 8 weeks and I walk on pins and needles. The slightest thing and I go to the doctor. I will say this though...as badly as it hurt me, the way I see it, the baby I lost just wasn't strong enough yet. S/he wasn't ready for life and my body wasn't ready to house him/her. I know that if you've had children before that can be difficult but honestly, if you believe in God, then think of it this way, it's God's way of telling you "I'm going to give you a beautiful gift, but you have to be ready for it next time."
I went to the doctors wednesday they told me i was 7.5 weeks pregnant and the sac didnt look right!The baby had no heartbeat i was very upset so they sent me home to think about it!I went back yesterday and they told me i was only 6 weeks so i dont trust the fact they lied to me!Thats kinda soon to say well its time to take care of it tomorrow!I did a blood test yesterday and i half to do another on sunday!The doctor will call me monday and let me know the results of my hcg levels! Im so emotionally stressed all i ever wanted was a child of my own, but if this doesnt work out i can always try again!Has this happened to anyone well they said i had like 3 abnormalitys with the sac and possibly a lil blood in the sac and i forgot the other thing!

thanks mary
I need advice im crazy to think bout this i dont know if im preg but i feel cramps,pain,and tiredness,i went to the obgyne he examine my urine but the result i have infection in unrinary and 2 months now dont have my period yet do i pregnant?pls advice me...
Hi Everyone-
I am 9 w3d had 1st u/s when I was 8w4d.  Was told the baby was dating a 6w1d with no fetal pole.  Had blood work done, hcg at 39500 and then two days later 33000 (obviously not a good sign).  Went in for 2nd u/s on Monday (9w2d) and still showing 6weeks but now they see a fetal pole but no heartbeat.  Since my hcg is going down they are assuming things are heading towards m/c and they suggested d&c.  Going in for one more u/s in a week and then we will decide what to do.  I do not plan on having a d &c I figure my body's natural abilities will take care of it.

I have read a lot of posts on this blog but none have seemed to state the side effects of having a d & c.  Often when you have a d & c it can leave scarring which can make future implantations more difficult.  Just something to think about if you plan on trying again.
im 19 years old, had alot of problems with swelling and irregular bleeding. im currently 8-9weeks pregnant, began spotting last night, that was bright red, i now have slight cramping and darker spotting, scans were done yesterday and no heartbeat was found, theyve asked me to return in a week.
is there still hope.. i dont know what to do with myself.
I am pregnant for the second time.  July 10 I had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks.  I have been taking PregVit Folic 5mg since.  Then in January I pneumonia and when at the hospital I told them there was a chance that I was pregnant....to error on the side of caution they took blood tests and found that I was.  I went for my first u/s on Jan 25 and I was 5 weeks and two days with the fetal pole 5cmW by 2cmDiameter.  I went back for a second u/s on Feb 15th at 8 weeks and the fetal pole is 7cmW by 2cmDiameter...but no heartbeat is detected.  I have been told that this is most likely not a viable pregnancy and that my body just has not recognized that the baby has passed.  But i have had no bleeding, no cramping, breasts are still sore and tender to touch, tired, feel healthy.  I cried, but now hold on to the hope that a heart beat will be heard next week when I go for a followup on the 23rd of Feb.  Pray for my baby...xo
Hi there!!!

The same has happened with me, dear. Yesterday i went for a u/s, and my dr said there was no heartbeat found. I am 7 weeks pregnant. She said to wait for one more week. I am very upset and don't know what to do. I have high hopes. I am praying God!!! Please pray for me too. I want to give life to my child...

I am posting this on behalf of my wife,  missed miscarriage happens to her for the third time exactly on the 8 - 9 weeks time.  When it happened for the first time doctors prescribed Susten tablet, when it happened for the second time they started ecosprin and an injection every day to avoid blood clotting. But unfortunately it did not work for the third time. When we visited this time doctors told us that she tried everything, and it is a peculiar case and needs detailed study. Can somebody tell me why does this happen and possible reasons and how to avoid this.

Thanks in advance
According to ultrasound I will be 9 weeks this coming Tuesday. Though if your going off my LMP I will be 11 weeks on Friday.  I went in for my 1st ultra sound thinking I was 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant, but it revealed I was only 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant, no fetal pole, and a very low HB at 60 bpm. I went into the doctor 11 days later and saw a healthy HB  of 148 bpm and I was completely relieved. But two days later I had my follow up ultrasound and was torn to pieces with the news that my baby was still measuring 6 weeks and 3 days and this time there was no fetal pole or heart beat.
I am beside myself and don't know what to feel or think at this point! If my baby had stopped growing and died after my 1st ultra sound then how in the hell did I get a good healthy HB through a doppler in the drs. office 2 days prior to my 2nd ultra sound??  Tomorrow I go in for another ultra sound and to see my doctor.
I COMPLETELY REFUSE TO DO A DNC. I will only forgo with such a thing if my life becomes at risk. I just cant find any way of finding it to be justifiable. If my body is rejecting something then it will do it on its own. I have no place to be taking something out of my body that it should expel on its own if meant to be.

PLEASE ANY ADVICE OR SHALL I SAY INPUT IS WELCOME!
Hi im 19 years old, 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant. However was told from LMP that I was 12weeks. We went for first scan and found this news out- You should have seen my partners face seeing our little baby in my womb. A few seconds later no smile- Our baby has no heartbeat, I had the tiniest bit of spotting ever (Literally like a bullpoint pen - 3 TINY dots - Spotting? 2 weeks ago ) In attempt to get the emergency dr to take me seriously- he didnt- he thought I was over re-acting. I was suffering from sevre cramps at 20 mins a time (not being able to move) atleast once a week for around a month, and mild cramping throughout pregnancy.

I've read through all comments- Fortunate women have had this situation and have given birth to healthy babies. I'm hoping I will come back and say the same as I now have a second scan in 6 days time.

Since being told im miscarrying the following has happened:

- I cant feel my very tender breast being tender no more (unless putting pressure on them)
- Cramping alot in lower abdo (Had this when baby was healthy)
- Awful pain in lower back (Had this when baby was healthy)

Is this because their right or because im thinking about it too much? Me and my partner are devestated. One question for the women who have been through this... On your scan did your baby look like it was in the right posistion ? Mine is - I just dont understand why everything seems normal (still feeling pregnant- minus worrying about the list above). Im scared to loose our baby.

Thanks Vicky.
Hi. I'm so sorry you are going through that. I just went through the same ordeal. I did the d&c three weeks ago today. I have to say that this has been the hardest one to go through. I have had 7 misscarriges but also I have 3 beautiful healthy children, only one of them is my husbands biological, the two oldest are from my deceased husband. My husband & I have been trying for almost two years now & we thought that this would be our lucky break...but instead when we went for the u/s there was no heartbeat. What has made this even harder is that his cousin is pregnant & we had the exact same due date. Now I have to watch her go through a pregnacy that I couldn't. God has blessed me so much with the three angels I have, I absolutely couldn't ask for better kids...yet still there is such a yearning for another. We will be going in 3 weeks to get my tubes tide, my doctors all say that my body just can't handle another baby & my kidneys will shut down. I feel like a part of me is missing
thanks, Kim
Hey
I had my last LMP on 3/3/11 and in I had little spotting on march 28-29 and I expected that those 2 days it would count as my period, well in april I didn't get no period, then in may nothing either, I was worried, my breast hurt, I was feeling a little nauseas here and there, some foods would make me want to vomit, but I had went to see the doctor in april because I was having headaches for no reason, and I also told the doctor about my breast being sore and hurting at times, well the doctor had told me that I was probably going through menapause, didn't think nothing of it, but on march 12th I decided to buy a home pregnancy test and I took one it was positive OMG I was crying with happiness then I waited for 1 hour and took the other and it was positive...man i was crying and crying I called one of my friends and called my mom and told them, I was so happy because we had tried for over 18 years and couldn't get pregnant, I was also on fertility drugs for over a year like about 16 years ago, so I went to my 1st appointment and the doctor said your around 10 weeks and 4 days, we were shocked, so she tried to hear the heart beat, but she couldn't find it, she said well maybe your early due to the spotting incident, so she did the vaginal exam and said you actually fell like your around 8 weeks, she told me to schedule a u/s to better detect how far along I was and hopefully to see if there is a heart beat, she was also checking my levels, every other day, well my u/s appointment was on 6/1/11 and couldn't hear the heart beat, the appointment was suppose to last 45 min but only lasted 5 min... man we were devistated, the baby measured at 13 weeks, so we had to see another doctor the next day in bullhead city, well he did the vaginal u/s and we saw the picture of our little precious baby, he/she was in a little ball, he/she had its hand to mouth, but couldn't get a heart beat and the doctor told us the baby shouldn't be like that in a ball he/she should be more spaced out, well I had to wait until 6/14/11 to get the D&C, man that was the hardest day of our lives, so on the 13th I was told to take 3 pills to help with the cervixs, so I took the pills monday night around 11:30pm man before 3 o'clock I was having these major cramps that I couldn't handle by 3:15 I had to wake my husband and said lets go to the hospital, because we had to be there at 5:30 to get registered but we had to drive 1hour and 15 min out, so got dressed and was in terrible pain and we left, got to the hospital and there was no ER triage nurse to help me, so just waited for my surgery at 7:30 am, man that was the worse pain, be fore 7:30am I started bleeding and I told the nurse she told me that my body was already starting to release the baby, I was so sad, they took me to OR at 7:30am and I was done and recovering by 8:am, I got to leave the same day, I didn't have no pain, but then 3 days after the surgery I started leaking breast milk, I was sad and hurt but we need to heal..its hard how do you start to heal? or any advise that anyone can give us...
I have the same situation - no heartbeat detected at 7 weeks US scan and the US technician said it was not a viable one. I'm very upset and I told her that I had a tilted uterus...which usually make it harder to detect hb at early stage. Anyway, I just want everyone to keep the hope up and here is what I found a very informative website about misdiagnosed miscarriage: http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/blightedovum.html
Good luck to everyone of us! God bless!
I was so sad reading your story, actually reading all the stories here. I wish everyone had happy and healthy pregnancy. Miscarriage is such a terrible experience. I had two of them, thankfully after the second one I had a successful pregnancy. I waited whole year before I got pregnant again. Actually I was trying to get pregnant but my body said NO! Both my miscarriages were horrible. First one I started bleeding but before that I had a horrible pain in my stomach for just a minute. I went to work and felt like i couldn't stop peeing. It was my waters I think. Both times I miscarried at 10 weeks. When I started heavy bleeding I went to the emergency room and they did ultrasound. The baby was still alive and moving. The Dr said, what a shame! it was the most horrible thing they could've done to me. My body was rejecting this healthy precious baby and they couldn't stop it :-(

My second miscarriage I also experience sharp pain in my stomach. After that I started having contractions as if I was in labor. It was horrible. It lasted for many hours but no bleeding. Finally I decided to go to the hospital because the pain was unberrable. By the time I got there i was passing blood cloths. The Dr. immediately did D&C without US. She tested the tissue but said there was nothing abnormal in the test results. Somehow my body rejected these beautiful babies. For the longest time I couldn't get myself together. My friends who were pregnant would remind me of my tragedy and i was very depressed. I tried to explain it to myself that it wasn't  meant to be. We were planning for these pregnancies, we wanted to have a boy. I started praying to God so that he would just give me another chance. I wanted my only daughter to have a sister or brother, someone she could turn to in need. I finally did get pregnant. Had a beautiful baby girl <3 and guess what, now I am pregnant again!!! With twins <3 God returned my lost babies to me. Anyways, that's what I want to believe. I prayed a lot for them! I hope they are born healthy and happy! I still miss my lost children, my little angels. I think, they will never leave my thoughts. But I get to be a mom again and I wish everyone this wonderful precious gift of motherhood <3<3<3
I am 8 weeks pregnant and today i had an u/s and they found no heartbeat and the fetal was measuring 5 weeks. i have been experiencing some bleeding but not to the point were it soaks my underwear, just spotting brown blood, bright pink blood, and red.  This has gone on and off for 4 days now.  The doctor did a blood test on me but i get the results tomorrow,  I am hoping and praying that God fully restores my baby and gives this little guy another chance to live.
Hi, I went in for an ultrasound and they had to do an vaginal ultrasound they saw the fetus but heard no heartbeat, one dr said it looked like I was about 6 to 7 weeks but my dr. Said how small my uterus was it looked like I was 9 weeks. The dr. Said it looks like this pregnancyy wouldn't proceed so I got options to take medicine to make. The miscarrage (miscarriage) proceed or a d/c I chose the meds but my hubby said I should just see if my body pushes it out and he thinks they just couldn't see the heartbeat and the baby might be ok what to do???
I had my 1st US at 7wks. I was so excited. I am 30 and have been wanting to be a mommy fo rso long. Then the terrible news came; there was no heartbeat, the Dr said he did not see a Yolk sac and that I had a pool of blood outside of my uterus. The fetus only measure 6wks/2days. I was devestated, and clinking back tears I tried to remain calm. I thought maybe it's too early, but the Dr said a heartbeat should still be detectable. He said I was going to miscarry. I am praying he's wrong, but sadly I think he's right. This has been the longest hardest week and I am dreading my 2nd follow-up US this week (when I should be 8wks). If the results are the same I am faced with letting the miscarriage occur naturally or having a D&C. He said due to how far along I am I may not pass everything and they would still have to do a D&C, I don't know what to do. What is the best option?
Im not sure how pregnant i am. I still have not seen my primary doctor just nurses. Ive been bleeding for about 5 days (spotting) and its very stressful. I went to go see an on call Doctor and i was told it looks like im in the process of a miscarriage. But what confused me was, i had a pap smear and had sexual intercourse the day after and thats when the bleeding started. So what im trying to understand why was a miscarriage the direct answer instead of looking more into my family history and mine bc my mother bled with both of her children. So can somebody help me out
Im sorry for your loss.
hi everyone i know how you all feel i am 10 weeks am 4 days i had a scan at 7 weeks an 6 days and they told me my baby measured 6 weeks n 3 days an we saw a heartbeat. i passed blood at 12.30 last nite and i went the hospital they dun a scan and said our baby was measuring at 8 weeks and 3 days but my dates and doctors worked out at 10 weeks 3 days the doctor done an internal for a few minutes and didnt find a heartbeat or any movement and she said there was no blood around the baby so i would miss carry since i lost the blood there has been no more, no clots, no pains or cramps and i think they have got it wrong i phoned the hospital back tonight and i have to go back on wed mornin for another scan. could they of missed our babys heartbeat? could our baby be ok? i am so scared they just wanted me to get it removed but am sorry am not doin this until i no for sure that our baby is no longer with us which i believe they are wrong and our baby is ok please could you give me some advice on if you think our baby will be ok, this is my second baby i have a little boy whos 4 now how do i explain to him if it has really gone which deep in my heart i dont think it has.
Any comments please help...........
My wife had a Ultra Sound Scanning on 7th week (exactly 6 week and 2 days) and there was no heart beat and as per doctor the sac had normal growth. She advised us to have another scan after 2 weeks to ensure what is actually happening. We had terrible two weeks and finally we went today for the UC and there it is !!! there we found fetal heart beat and doctor said everything is normal. Doc was saying probably the ovulation was late and that could be the reason we couldnt detect a heart beat on 7th week. I share this news for all who had a scan on the seventh week and found no heart beat and waiting for their next scan. I had told my wife to be positive during this period and not to get panic but i know that she was in full of tension. So to everyone who didnt find a heart beat in 7th week pls dont get desperate and wait for a good news in your next scan.

Bijumohan

I just had a scan and it measured 8w2d and no heartbeat :( I keep hoping the are wrong as I took a pregnancy test 8w 1d ago and that was negative so I keep wishing they have the dates wrong and it's not so far gone so that there might be a chance a beat could develop. If they are right it must have died in the last day or so otherwise it wouldn't have grown to 8.2 w?? I haven't had any signs of mc not even spotting no real morning sickness so don't know why the baby has gone. I have a tilted uterus so that had to use an internal ultrasound. No bloods or anything else has been done. I now have to make the decision if I want to let nature take it's course or a dnc . I feel numb and want someone to tell me they're wrong.
we had 3 time  IVF finally I am 7 weeks and half and had very heavy bleeding and the ultrasound they saw the fetus but heard no heartbeat. doctor ask me to continue with the injection and the medication until Friday. and bed resting.

why should i continue with the medication if i have such heavy bleeding and no heartbeat.
my husband care about me and pregnancy worried that i had so much pain with all  IVF treatment . i am so proud of having him in my life. loving person .
i am very optimistic and try to be relax  we should remember ''Everything happens for a reason, GOD has a plan for us - We as humans can only see the small picture ... So what ever he does either good or bad has a reason.
we live in hope and tomorrow bring better.
best of luck.,. :)))

best of luck.,. :)))

I was 12 weeks my u/s showed 8 weeks growth and no heartbeat.  My dr said I should naturally miscarry.  How long does that take?  
wow youll helped me im 9weeks and friday they told me no heartbeat and wed for a d/c and wow would of went going for a 2ndion tomarrow praying my baby is fine. ladys go c a lawyer its a major lawsuit misdiagnose, mental anguish looking at 1.3 million God Bless each n every one
hei i had the same problem.....i m 7 weeks pregnant and doctor not found the heartbeat of my baby....he advice me to do an abortion,is may possible to come heartbeat of my baby............
Hi, thisis my second pregnancy in a year , i undergone missed abortion 6 months back, now am 8th week , i had spotting from 5th week andended up the end of 6th week. went for u/s ADVIsed by doctor at 6th week. was rold only sac seen so after couple of weeks lets check the u/s . she told me to come by 10week to check out, Right now since yesterday my pregnancy symptoms have been declined . am totally disappointmed on this  i feeel that am notpregnant and there would be no heartbeat !!!!!!!!!!! can please any one tellme wats goin on !!!!!!!!11
Hi ladies. My sympathy goes out to all of you. I'm 34 years old. This is my first pregnancy and my husband and I were thoroughly ecstatic. I was devestated yesterday at my 8 week ultrasound to find that, although the sack looked good and there was fetal pole, there was no heartbeat and it was only the size of 6 weeks. From what I have been reading above, there have been a lot of similar stories without one positive outcome. Please someone tell me I am wrong. I go back next Tuesday. This is so devastating. I'm praying for a miracle but need to prepare myself.
...by the way, I am 100% certain of my last missed period which would make me 8 weeks. I have no symptoms of miscarriage.
The spotting has begun :'(
Hey guys I'm 8weeks pregnant but I didn't hear anything I'm just vomiting every morning help me please I'm going to see doctor on friday is the possibility to get miscarriage
I'm 7 weeks 2 days and went for my 3rd ultrasound today and still no heartbeat. The baby is measuring a week behind and the doctor wants me to come back on Friday. I thought there might be hope, but after reading so many posts it doesn't look good. This will be my 3rd miscarriage this year. It definitely hasn't been a good year. Hope next year will be better!!
I was also 6-7 weeks pregnant when my Dr. told me that she couldn't hear my baby's heartbeat. She prescribed for me 5 mgs of folic acid once a day and she asked me to come back after 4 weeks. Exactly after 4 weeks I came back to her, she took again another sonography and thank God, the baby's heartbeat was heard.
hi evryone....i'm 26 years old and i am pg for first time.....i also suffering from the same situation.i am 9 week pregnent.in my 7 th week i went to the doc for 1st u/s but they din't find the heartbeat.my doc prescribed the folic acid tab 5mg once a day to me.she asked me to come back after 2 weeks....so i am going on this  friday  for my 2nd u/s....  am very upset...plzzzzzzz pray 4 me..need everyone's wishes:(
I was 8 weeks pregnant spotting brown discharge.  I went to see Dr and have ultrasound done but there was no heart beat.  Dr told me I have a miscarriage, but I didn't have any cramp or heavy bleeding. I'm consistent being hungry which was unsual and now im 2 1/2 months .  I'm so stress and confuse right now, please help me.
***@****
Hi friends as earlier i told that there was no heartbeat in 7th week of my pregnancy.but today i had my u/s and everything is gud now..i see the movments of my cute little one.n i am so hppy i cant describe...i am 10week2 preg ..so would like to say to all that plz dnt be penic n believe in God he is there for everyone..god bless you all.tc
Hi everyone, So about almost 2 weeks ago when I was 8 weeks pregnant i had an ultrasound and I could see the baby, but no heart beat. and about a week after that I had another ultra sound and again they did not find the heartbeat, i have a D&C scheduled for tomorrow morning but by everyones comments, it makes me want to wait it out for a couple more weeks. I still think there is hope, so i am planning on canceling the D&C, i have had no signs of miscarriage at all and am hoping the baby is just being stubborn or perhaps my doctor miscalculated my due date. Anyone have the same issue or any advice? Im hoping for a miracle!
my heart feels for what you are going through.  i was and am going through ivf and when i had my first blood test, it was low(97) and when i retested it only went up 20% and i was told to basically prepare myself for a miscarriage and i preparted myself.  i was devastated and i mourned the loss.  but then i went to get another blood test and it went up 80% and two days later another 80%.  the doctors didn't know what was happening and they told me it could go either way, but most likely it was a non-viable pregnancy. i had an ultrasound and it showed no heartbeat and again i cried.  it has been quite a roller coaster.  i had another ultrasound today and miraculously there was a beautiful heartbeat!  heartbeat was only 107 and it little smaller than it should be, but wonderful!  just have hope and don't give up.
How did it go? I am in a similar situation right now. I know it's been years, i am desperate for answers as i was asked by my doc to wait one more week to do another scan
Hi, ladies. I just wanted to take a minute to send you a bit of positive energy and encouragement. I last wrote on 11/17/2011 when I was 8 weeks pregnant with no heartbeat at the unltrasound and the fetus was the size of 6 weeks (but I was certain of the conception date). At 8 weeks pregnant you will definitely see a heartbeat in the ultrasound if there is one to be seen. You can likely even see it by 6 - 7 weeks. I clung to a false hope. Losing a baby that you love (no matter how far along) is extremely heartbreaking and painful. I waited 34 years for that blessing. That baby will always be a part of me. I just want you to know that there is life beyond miscarriage. Stay strong and positive. I was blessed to conceive with my first period after miscarriage and am now 6 months pregnant with a baby girl. :') I have been a nervous wreck this entire pregnancy, but the doctors tell me that after you see that heartbeat, there is only a 3% chance of something going wrong. As devestating as that miscarriage was, I would not be blessed with this very special baby girl, "Ella", who will be arriving this September. Everything happens for a reason. Believe in nature and fate... Everything will work out for you. Stay strong. xoxo ~Kelly from Connecticut, 35 years old
Viewing 1-200 comments: