Pregnancy 18-24 Community
9wks & 2days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

9wks & 2days

When am I in the clear to go baby shopping? What should be the thing I buy first? ( first time mommy )
id wait till yur outta yur first trimester.... nd till yu no wat yur having... if yu dnt wanna wait till yu no wat yur having yu could mby start with simple things like bottles, soaps, lotions stuff like that... i didnt start buying anything till i was like 21-22 weeks... im 26w3d now
I agree..wait until you are into the 2nd trimester! I would wait for clothes until you know the gender. But around 17 or 18 weeks i would probably get a crib dresser bottles if you are going to bottle feed or a breast pump if you are breastfeeding. Then once you know the sex get gender specific things if you want.
i say....after you find out the gender....around 20ish weeks....that way you have a good choice of stuff to buy bc then youll know what colors you want and the perfect items :)
i did not find out the gender with my first and i am doing that again because i am having my last. there are more then enough unisex baby colors so its ok not to stress out. it was the best thing in the world hearing its a boy. the most magical moment in my life.
I m 27wks n hvnt bought a thing... I ll be start to shop at 28wks week... But i m jst going to start off with preparing my labor bag and thn other stuff...
For baby we r buying:
Clothings(new born + 0-3mnths)
Crib or cot
Car seat
Push chair/pram
Electronic swing
Pampers
Wipes n cotton rolls
All baby toiletries eg shampoo, shower gel etc
Bath tub
Changing mat
Towels
Blankets
Feeders n dummy
At the moment i have only thought of these once baby is born thn slowly slowly i ll get other stuff...
I didnt buy anything cause i feel its bad luck u buy anything before 30 weeks..i would wait till ur baby shower is over and done with..save the money u have..ur gonna need it for stuff u didnt think u needed or got..i know its hard not to buy any baby stuff right now believe me i have been there..im a first time mommy and im 37 weeks and i got most of my stuff from the baby shower but i had to get the crib and changing table.. the stroller..save it for the big thing people wont get you.. hope this helps! And congratulations!!!
I started at 12 weeks
me too not as in bad luck... but i just didnt wanted to buy anything yet as i m scared to death long story... plus my husband is super ego maniac and he does not want anything from anyone for his baby..so hes buying everything from scratch.. once we start buying things its going to start feeling so real... lol
My husband is the same way..but once he saw how much everything was he changed his mind lol...it just real to me because my husband put the crib together in the baby room..and my nervous are shot lol...its crazy thinking in just two weeks ill be a mom! Good luck too u!