Pregnancy 18-24 Community
AZO cranberry pills

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

AZO cranberry pills

Has your doctors said it is safe to take AZO cranberry pills for prevention of UTIs? I'm not talking about the pill that gets rid of the pain. I talked to my doctor and she said that it was fine but she seemed unsure. I'll take one when I start to feel a burning sensation, but even the recommended those of two. Before my pregnancy these AZO pills were a God send because it would clean out my urinary tract of any bacteria and I would be good to go. Cranberry juice is hard on my stomach and makes me feel sick if I down it like they say to prevent infection. Even the light kind. I'm reading yes take them then no don't take them on google. I also have noticed they are no longer the pink color they used to be try they are a red color which makes me wonder if that are still safe if they were before if the company is adding a dye... I know they have calcium in them now not to sure if they did before. Worst part is I'm rarely diagnosed with an infection. Doctors just treat me based off my symptoms. It may be IC but I haven't been back to my urologist to talk to him about it. Any info would be nice. I know if I go a day where I don't drink the amount of fluids I should the next day I'm feeling symptoms.
I water my cranberry juice down, I'm not a fan of sour so full strength is too much for me! Maybe that would help your stomach??!!  I like the combo flavors better than just plain..my fav is cran-apple..I still water these down too!!
I should! I do love the cran-cherry when I can stomach it... Lol
I take cranberry extract pills in order to prevent uti's. I had a problem with them with my last pregnancy.
I'm not sure what AZO ones are so I can't tell you.
Usually with any pill or something like that you have to weigh whether the outcome is better than the risk.
Obviously having a UTI is much more of a risk than the pill I'd say.