Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Abortion Pills RU-486 & Cytotec

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Abortion Pills RU-486 & Cytotec

I'm sorry if this seems like a somewhat inappropriate question for a pregnancy forum, but I'm not really quite sure where it even belongs. Whether due to poor judgment, finances, and/or outside persuasion, I ordered RU-486 and Cytotec from online sources instead of going to a doctor. I found that I was pregnant in late March, possibly already 4 weeks pregnant by then. I ordered the pills online in April after reading about these particular pills, which a local abortion clinic verified as a valid option of abortion (under a doctor's care of course), but did not receive both of them until early May. The RU-486 came from Israel, and the Cytotec from India.

I took the pills after I had both sets, the RU-486 first, then the Cytotec about 32-36 hours later, and I waited, but nothing occurred. My reaction was so mild, I'm not sure if anything really even happened. I had read that heavy bleeding is supposed to occur, that the Cytotec should have induced something similar to labor pains to help expel everything. I don't know if that only applies to women who are past their 1st trimester when they take the pills.

I've some spotting occur randomly 1-2 times since (basically in a literal since, like just a drop), but I'm a little worried now, because my menstruation still hasn't even resumed, but I honestly don't think that I'm pregnant anymore, because I would technically be at least 4, decent chance of 5 months pregnant by now, and I definitely don't have a baby bump. I haven't felt sick for a good while either. I need to know if there's a chance that this is normal, or if I should just go in to see a doctor right away.
Definitely not normal. Go and see a doctor..

Hope you work it all out!
Have you taken a hpt to see if you are still pregnant? Buying meds off the internet is such a bad thing. Did you have any bleeding? I was 19 weeks when i lost my baby, and i was hardly showing at all, I have a cousin who didn't evenfind out she was pregnant until she was 6 months
you should go to the doctors asap.
You should go to the doctor asap...Did you insert the cyctotec into your vagina?  Maybe you didn't get them high enough...my doctor used the speculum and really got them up high...then I was told to lay flat until the ordeal was over...I had them inserted at 9, intense labor pains by noon and finally everything stopped around 1:00 in the morning!  I was physically exhausted and every muscle in my body ached....I was given cytotec/misoprostol by my doctor (inserted vaginally) because I had a mc and my body wasn't expelling the fetus/tissue AND I clearly knew it was working because it did essentially put me into labor...I have never felt such pain in my life-now I know what labor will be like.  I had to take two percocets every four hours and I still felt very crampy like a bad period.  The farther along you are, the more painful it is supposed to be, so considering that it sounds like you are a couple months, you would have more to pass.  Even after all that I went through, I still had two pieces of tissue that showed up on u/s and the doctor said that he could give me some more misoprostol or we could monitor it and make sure that it makes its way out and I couldn't put myself throught that torture again so I waited and it all passed in a couple weeks.  Good luck!
I would definitely call your doctor and make an appointment ASAP.. GL and keep us posted
I really have no comment other than go see your doctor...if you have not experienced bleeding nor have not passed any tissue then you are either still pregnant or you still have the fetus inside you even if it isn't alive.  Either way you need to be checked out immediately.
I can only repeat what others have said. It's not an emergency situation so you don't need the ER. But do contact your doc and set up an appointment to be seen as soon as possible (within the week). I also agree with LosingMyMindinGA that you may have a dead fetus inside of you that would need to be taken out. It's important that the doctor checks.

I'm sorry you're going through this!
Thanks for all the feedback, I've been having a bit of anxiety over this, so I really appreciate it.. I feel a little bit more confident about confiding in a doctor about this now, and will be scheduling an appointment. I know I probably should have just gone to a doctor in the first place, but I suppose worrying over a should-have now won't really help. So really, thanks again to everyone for their input, I'm really glad to have your support over this. :)
I dont even know what those pills are and Im really surprised you could get that kind of stuff over the internet...
I have to say, NEVER EVER buy med's from another country online. It's unreliable..> havent you heard about the Viagra pills in china that caused deaths here in the U.S? it had like ephedra or something in it.

You need to go to the doctor, and if you truly don't want to get pregnant or be pregnant, go the LEGIT way to abort. And from now on USE PROTECTION .:)

Also, take a pregnancy test, and remember.. there are ALWAYS other options like adoption.