Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Abortions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Abortions

this is going to be my 3rd abortion.. my last abortion was 6 months ago..is this safe?? will i still be able to have kids n the future?
You may want to consult a doctor about this.  We won't know.  Multiple abortions can cause irreversible damage to your uterus even with the most skilled doctors.
I don't know how safe it is..but if u aborted in ur 1st trimester, it's not likely to have an effect on future pregnancies. 2nd trimester abortions can increase risk of premature delivery for future kids. And if u ever do decide to keep a child, make sure they know how many abortions so they can care for you properly in case it did mess something up in there
Oh, and that's assuming they know exactly what they're doing and all that. They can easily mess something up. Isn't it cheaper to just stay on b.c. anyways?
Consecutive abortions can cause u not to be able to ever carry a child full term or period so u should really think about birth control or something else because i no plenty of people that only had 1 or 2 and can't have kids now and they regret it
You should really talk to your doctor. Multiple abortions MAY not only cause physical damage but also psychological damage (God forbid). Have you considered all your options e.g. adoption? You also need to seriously consider contraception aswell honey.
Multiple abortions can cause harm to others and do absolutely nothing for others. My best friend had 3 abortions in 2 yrs and is now deciding to have kids and has had absolutely no problems conceiving. Shes gotten pregnant 2 times back to back without even needing to use ovulation kits. The only concern in her case is bleeding during delivery. The more pregnancies whether it be full term or abortion can cause more bleeding in some women.

Make ur decision based upon whats right for u and talk to ur dr about an IUD if your not ready for kids hun. Good luck
Abortion, depending on when and how it's done, can cause scarring which makes it difficult to become pregnant and can cause problems if you do conceive. Also, since this is your 3rd one I highly recommend getting on birth control. You can do so for free from Planned Parenthood or at least use condoms EVERY TIME.
Honey I am not going to judge you or say anything to you to be mean. We have no way of knowing if having these many abortions this close together is going to harm you. My recommendation is if you don't want to get pregnant use protection the pill the shot an iud something because it's not worth the risk to yourself and truthfully it is just a little ridicilous honey. There are so many ways to protect yourself why wait until it's to late?
just like the other posts about abortion .. no one should or has any right to judge. no one knows her situation or anything. and this topic is clearly a sensitive one. I am 100% against them but like I said, no one should judge.
it's best if you speak to your doctor about your concerns. he / she may be able to help you more. just like anything, it could affect some people in the long run, or it could not. everyone's different. my opinion really, is only time will tell. good luck hun , hopefully everything is okay!
Its really refreshing to see that MOST of the ladies on here offer advice and dont pass judgement. This forum is the only place to go for some ladies
I do know 2 women who both had just one abortion in their teens/early 20s, and now in their 30s are unable to conceive and carry a child to term. Both have issues with their cervix that seem to be a result of the abortion. I agree, you should definitely talk to your doctor to see what they say about this, and probably consider good birth control if you're not already on it.
Wow, some pretty nasty comments here.  

If an first trimester abortion is performed by a Dr. in a proper medical facility, it is unlikely to cause problems in the future.  Many women have had to have D&C's due to miscarriage, and the procedure is essentially the same.  It is a safe procedure.  I have had 4 d&c's do to first trimester pregnancy loss, and I am fine.  There is a chance whenever this procedure is performed of uterine scarring, but it is not overly common.  Your Dr. can advise you.

It does not mess up organs - they do not go anywhere near organs.  Honey, talk to your Dr.

No, she hasn't posted again - can you blame her?
Really people? Common! Stop being so judgmental, she asked a question she doesn't need to be told she's selfish or that she.killed her other two so why should it matter. She ONE question that's it.

Yes it CAN inable you to have future children, it can make your uterus weak.
Look, the thing is with any medical procedure there are possible complications.  However, they usually do not occur.  I'm not encouraging you one way or the other, but I think it important the info given to you be accurate.  All surgical/medical procedures come with some element of risk.  That doesn't mean they are going to happen.  As I said, I have had 4 d&c's due to miscarriage.  I am fine.  The procedure is almost identical.  
I said organs bc I consider just about everything in my body an organ..including my uterus..bc it is an organ. So yes, she can mess it up. I already said basically what u said about the 1st trimester posing less of a threat but I'm tired of seeing this up at the freaking top when it's been answered.  

These are possible risks and doesn't mean it's going to happen, but it is POSSIBLE: death due to complications, increases risk of breast cancer, cervical ovarian and liver cancer(look-organs!), increased risk of placenta previa in later pregnancies, complications of labor, higher chance of ectopic pregnancy, chance of pelvic inflammatory disease, 2.5x more likely of becoming infertile if you're a teen compared to ages 20-29, excessive bleeding, hemorrhage, convulsions, endotoxic shock, 2nd degree burns, the list just goes on and on. It doesn't mean anything is going to happen, it's what you're more at risk for, and that does include infertility and problems down the road if you ever decide to carry a child.

We can all say we know someone who got preg again no prob or someone became infertile. It's not guaranteed to work one way or the other so again(as many ppl said) talk to your doc about it if ur not sure and hope u get a real good person that knows what they're doing to reduce ur risk for complications.
The original poster has received answers to their question, no further comments will be accepted.

**********THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED**************