Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Almost 14 wks preggo and feeling guilty for doing my hair color!!:(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I know after the first trimester, you can do ur haor, but , i went today , trying to convince myself that it was fine, only to feel sooo guilty afterwards :( i  had the towel on my nose so i wouldnt breath the smell of bleach and color in my hair...cant help it , i still feel really bad:(

any of you can relate?
did i forget  to mention that my base color turned out yellow /.orange hihihi! i guess its the hormoses working against me :) smiles!
Jessyboy... I'm sorry, but it kinda confuses me when ppl say they're worried about coloring they're hair while pregnant because it's TOTALLY SAFE.

You shouldn't feel guilty at all. There's not any problem with doing it. Heck, I even have a glass of wine every now and then and eat sushi a couple times a week!

Even the lady at my dr.'s office today said she didn't blame me and as long as the sushi was fresh and I only drank wine every so often...

Remember... your not harming your baby in the slightest coloring your hair. even if you did it every week. the only thing you'd hurt would be your hair!
im 28 weeks preggo and a hairdresser. it is perfectly fine to color your hair, the only thing is..like you said--the hormones can throw the color off..i have colored my hair once a month since ive been pregnant, no problems. your baby will be fine :)
soo hormones mess up the color because i used born to blond my hair was brown it turned orange so i waited a day then dyed it again with the same color and its still orange just lighter. and last summer i did the same thing only that time i got the results i wanted..
I went yesterday and got my hair done also.  where i go to get my hair done, the owner was pregnant two years ago.  and she still worked up until 2 weeks before she popped.  and she colored ppls hair on a daily bases.  Never wore a mask or nothing.  and her daughter came out totally normal.  She is a very smart little girl.  so it obviously has no effect.  the way I see it, is that it makes me feel so much better about my self after words, that the baby has to feel my happiness also.  If that makes any sense.  I personally think that the chemicals used to do nails have to be worse for you then hair dye.  the chemicals yesterday just about made me want to puke.  She had to turn a fan on and cover my nose.  
yes hormones can throw the color off and make it take a weird color, but also i could be caused by whatever color has been on your hair since last summer. .so say if you dyed your hair brown a  few times since last summer, the want to go blonde again--its sometimes hard for the blonde to work through all of the other color--hence you end up with orange/yellow hair..- are you using bleach or color to get it blonde?

im using color thanx what you say makes sense lol
Dont worry girl. My best friend does hair and she keeps telling me that it is okay to color it but I was so scared that I didnt do it....Dont feel guilty everything is going to be okay.....
i didn't get a chance to read what the other girls have said, but i am sure they all said don't worry about it.  it's safe.  what happened to you (the undesired color results due to hormones) is the worst thing that could happen other than the fumes making you feel bad.  i have gotten my hair highlighted twice so far and i am 26 weeks pregnant.  like you, i was worried at first, but reassured by my hairdresser, doctor, and everyone else i talked to about it.  feel free to pamper yourself with a pretty hairdo!  you deserve it!!
Hey there!!

I'm 9w2d and i had my hair done today :)

I couldnt hack seeing my root's for any longer..

I coloured my hair with my other two pregnacy's and there is nothing wrong with my two daughters

So dont feel bad.. enjoy and treat yourself every now and then.

xxxx
thank u guys...i feel better!! takes a load of my back!!
kiss kiss to all of u's