Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Almost 32 weeks and a soft cervix already!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I went to the ER tonight after an abdominal pain that I experienced so many times. I was thinking it’s the stress of finals but it’s obviously not and it doesnt feel like contractions…they put me on a monitor and it showed that I had couple of contractions then I was surprised that my doctor showed up (I love how they care about their patients) , and he insisted on checking my cervix since am having pains and the contractions are appearing on the monitor ,..i was so scared but it wasn’t that bad well thankfully my cervix is not dilated but it is SOFT! Which is a preparation step for dilation  (that’s a no no for now) .,,,the good thing is the baby’s head is not low it’s still high but what I concluded was if the baby drops things may start to happen…did anyone experience any of this? ,..i mean I still don’t want the baby to be born this early he needs a month or so,  so he could be a little stronger...thanks everyone
I wouldn't be worried about going early, tts actually normal to be getting BH contractions at this point. I went into the hospital at about 33 weeks and they were showing up on the monitor but I couldn't even feel them happening. Also its a good sign that things are progressing normally for your cervix to get soft. As for dilating some people start to dilate a month or more before delivery and end up going late. Also, starting about now the doctor should start checking you regularly to see if you are dilating.
YAY Fay!  Its just a sign of what your body is supposed o be doing :)  I've been checked for dialtion twice now (1st @ 22 weeks, 2nd @ 29 weeks)...my cervix is soft, but nothing opened yet :)  Now that the baby flipped to head down at 30 weeks and I dropped, my contractions aren't so strong and as much as I was having then itwas breeched.  Butthe pressure in my hips and the waddling is FAR too soon for me!  Usually when I drop, I only have 3-4 weeks left.  I'll be 32 weeks on Monday and I have my appointment at the following day.  So I'll probably be checked again, along with a U/S...

But like my doctor was telling me, if I feel like my water is leaking or i start to bleed, to come in!!  If anything likethat happens to you, go right in!!  4-6 contractions in one hour is another sign!!!  I hope you keep your little man in, good luck Hun
I'm 30 weeks and my cirvix is soft. I am a fingertip dialated. I am scared I don't won't my little boy to be born now it's to early
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers