Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Almost positive OPK at 5 dpo??? I am losing it!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Ok so I'm sure you've seen my posts about having sore bbs etc. Today, well just a few minutes ago, I took an OPK because all last night and today I've had O type pains, and cramps so I figured I would take one just in case! Well, the line is riiiiiight about as dark as the control line, so close I can't even really tell if it's any lighter. This is what it looked like the day before I got my positive OPK indicating I was going to ovulate. My cervix is high, hard, and closed, with creamy cm. Any clue of what could be going on? First month using OPK's... I do know when it was negative it was barely visible, and leading up to O got darker and darker each day.

Thanks ladies!!
When you have a spike in LSH which is the hormone your body releases around the time of ovulation, then you usually ovulate within 24-48 hrs. Your cervics will be very soft, open, and low. Your cervical mucus will also be very abuntant and clear and slippery like egg whites. It sound like you are past ovulation, because the cervics gets more firm, high, and the mucus changes to thick and white. I hope this is helpful. If you feel that you ovulated 5 days ago than you should have another period in 9-10 days. Unless of course you get pregnant. Do keep in mind that not all women ovulate on day 14 of their cycle. I personally ovulate on the 16th day of my cycles. Best of luck.
Ty Brandy. Yes, I do know I ovulated last Thursday on cd12. Not quite sure what is going on. Gr! How confusing!