Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Am I preggers or what???!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Am I preggers or what???!

Hi all, im 24, havent been on contraceptives since the age off 22-ish. I have never been pregnant before (that i know of). my husband and I have been using the pullout method (withdrawal) method for the passed year and a half. My periods have always been regular for as long as i can remember, 30-32 days apart. My last period was on Sep 25th. My expected period was on Oct 27-iSh. And accordin to my period calender app, now I'm 18 days late. I took two Dollar store hpt's on the day of my missed period (Oct 27th), both were negative. My cousin, who works at a obgyn's office, brought me another 2 simple hpt's from her office, took both on Nov 9th (@ +/- 13 days late), both were distinctly negative. I've never skipped an entire months period until now, but my tests have popped up as negatives, yet I've been extremely tired, nauseous, hungry, low back aches before I even missed my period and my husband was the one to point it out and ask if I could be preggers! Since then, I have thrown up about 5 times, I'm super sensitive to smell, back still hurts, hungry, ive experienced the sensitive nipples for the first time today in the shower, SO hot at night I have to take a walk outside before going to bed, & with us living in New York in Nov, that's pretty brisk! But it cools me down and is the only way I can go to sleep for the past week! Lol. I sure do hope we're pregnant! Although the only problem is that I'm a US petminent resident and he is a US citizen, and we're not extremely well-off, and I don't know how to Go about getting Medicaid or a dr's visit for a blood test or ultrasound, without having to pay an arm and a leg because we have no insurance and I'm not a "full" citizen as yet. If anyone has any comments, opinions or helpful tips they could lend us, it would be greatly appreciated!! Xoxoxo :)
Go to your local health department they go by your income. If they do a test there and it's positive they can refer you to department of human services to apply for Medicaid. As long as you have a green card or what ever documents you need to be here you should be able to apply for assistance. Good luck
Thanks Cindy! I do have my green card, so I will do that first thing tomorrow morning! As for the late period, negative hpt's, and symptoms, I'm still clueless. Lol
Yes that's a hard one. I have heard of lady's getting negative ept for months, they have to have blood test. I cant say for sure yes or no I have no super powers lol but symtoms (symptoms) sound promising. But the health department can lead you in the right direction plus they can do your exams and such there free to hardly nothing.