Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Any safe home remedies for bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hello , I am about 13 weeks pregnant right now , & recently found out i have BV . It has me worried about my unborn child , & the risk of second trimester miscarriages . Has anyone ever had this infection & found a home remedy that worked greatly during pregnancy ?  Please help , Thanks .
I had BV i wanna say a month ago...i only found out tho because i was spotting lol...he gave me antibiotics that wouldnt affect the baby, im not sure about home remedies tho...you could try googling it?
i was told i had that when i was in my first trimester. the dr gave me medicine and it went away. i think that would be the best thing, i wouldnt try any 'home remedies'
The doctor gave me Metrodinazole , or something like that . I finished the antibiotics today , but am still having the discharge . I was informed by other pregnant woman that the antibiotics only work for so long . I've googled home remedies , but was wondering  if anyone has tried any , & got rid of the BV completel  .
I had it in my last pregnancy and took antibiotics, and other natural remedies, like garlic and a few other things, and as far I know, it did not go away. I also got GBS as well. My midwife suggested using Hibiclens soap, but nothing helped. I had no clue I even had it (I didn't have any weird discharge or odor) but they tested me because I was going into pre-mature labor. I hope it clears up soon for you!
The dreaded BV!!! Hate it, I have suffered with BV for years on and off. Home remedies I was advised about from my nurse was bathing using no scented oils etc just salt in the water. The salt helps bring ur bodys ph level back to normal! Works for me.Also garlic tablets also help !!!!
I had BV several times and yeast infections. It was so sevear once I ended up in the ER not able to go pee. I had no discharge so had no clue I had an infection. I ended up with a cathitor for 3 days. It sucked.

I was put on antibiotics. It went away for a few weeks but like I said I got it several times. So much all I had to do was call my Dr and he would call my prescription in without seeing me.
You have to get a new prescription from the doctor. Nothing makes it go away but meds. Also you could ask your doctor to prescribe you a probiotic.