Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Anybody know the laws well?Help mee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Anybody know the laws well?Help mee

So I'm 17 and pregnant,  but I'm emancipated now and the baby's father is turning 16. We aren't together anymore because of the way he treated me since he did not want this baby.  Suddenly he wants to make all the decisions,  he wants it to have his last name and he wants it to live at his house sometimes,  but I don't trust him. I believe he has a right to see it but he isn't paying child support nor would he be able to afford it,  so why does he get to make all the decisions?   He's threatened to take me to court but idk what that's gonna do for him because I have texts to prove he doesn't want or love the he wont love the baby,  would those texts help me?
Hi there.  Gosh, that is stressful.  Do you have ANY family support at this time??  I would guess that it isn't so much the 16 year old boyfriend but his mother behind this.  And she'll probably want very much to have a relationship with the child.  That could turn out to be a good thing and very helpful to you.  IF that is the case.  Do you think it is his parents that are wanting to be involved and to see the baby?
He can take you to court all he wants, the most he'll get his joint custody or set visitations. He's 16, probably has no job either, and the court will definitely rule in your favor. If you have proof of his threats or not wanting the baby it can help prove he's not fit to take your baby from you. As long as you have a stable house and a way to support your little one, he can't do anything. Don't worry, you'll be just fine (:
95% of judges will not take a baby from a perfectly good mother! Unless there were issues with the mom of course and as for the name some states won't allow the child to take the fathers last name unless your legally married! And it's not his choice it's yours honey I wouldn't even allow the father to be on the birth certificate if we weren't married but that's me if you do put him on the BC make him pay child support to see that child also get a "contract" drawn up about visitation so he can't just run off with the baby
Anyway, all states are different with their laws.  Can a birth father sue for custody or visitation. Yes.  Is he the sort that would take you to court over this??  Well, I certainly doubt on his own---  so it has to be his parents/mom as the driving force.  Maybe try to talk to her or have your mom talk to her to find out the intentions they have and if it is good (want to know the baby and help out) or bad (taking baby away from you).  good luck
My whole family and all my friends are supporting me,  I dont trust his parents thats a problem. They have a 3 year old now that isnt treated well
Oh, well.  Then you have to do what is best for your baby.  Do they have the money to get a lawyer?  If they do---  then YOU need a lawyer.  But people make a big deal all the time in court and it goes nowhere.  I'm just afraid he could get visitation and if they aren't good with kids that would be a bummer/scary to drop your baby off there.  
The court is usually on the mothers side. Im also stressing about having to go to court against my ex's family for my son after he gets here. Just keep all evidence that can prove him unfit. Such as if he does drugs or parties a lot or drinks a lot and if he has had a abusive past. You can use all of those against him in court. If he camt prove you unfit then you will still have custody just probably plan supervised visitations.  It will be tough and stressful but try not to stress yourself out to bad.
He doesn't do drugs but he sells them and parties sometimes, he's even hit my stomach try to kill the baby.
He has also been arrested before
He hit your stomach to hurt the baby and now he wants custody/  Unreal.  Is he bipolar?
Idk
depending on the state you are by no means required to list paternity on the birth certificate which means you do not have to give it his last name....if you choose to do this he HAS to pay for a paternity test before he can take you to court and that's a big whooping $400 bucks her in MI and that may stop him from taking you to court...although if you do do that you can not sue him for child support not that he could pay it now as it seems but if he has hit you and saying he doesn't want the baby the chances these are his decisions are highly unlikely and more then likely his parents telling him he needs to take responsiblilty....if you do not want him to have full legal rights theres not much you can do once he fills for a paternity test and or takes you to court.....but as far as him making all the decisions he's got pretty much no say right now you are not married and the paternity has not been established so you can do what you want legally until paternity is established and he really has no say... I had a friend in high school go through something the same and when she told the babys father he had to fill to paternity he backed off imediately