Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Anyone else get VERY Faint Positive Line on EPT Pregnancy Test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

My cycle has never been super regular and used to be 45 - 55 days. It has regulated over the past 3-4 months, coming regularly around 40 days from the first day of one period to the first day of the next one. I expected mine to start somewhere between April 2nd and April 7th though I was busy and kind of forgot to think about it. Yesterday I suddenly realize it's about three weeks later than I was expecting.

I COULD be having mild pregnancy symptoms such a tender breasts, queasiness, exhaustion... but then, that could be signs of a period on the way, OR just my regular weirdnesses that I often have.

So, I took an EPT pregnancy test thinking I should get a clear result since I'm so overdue for my period. Within the 2 minutes I get the obvious   --  |   lines but there is a VERY faint vertical line. I have been reading a lot about this and the general consensus is faint or not it's a positive. With the exception of these evap lines, which I don't think it could be that because it showed up in the first 2 minutes. The next morning I took it again with the first pee and it was exactly the same. Ugh!

So I went to the OB/GYN and their test showed neg. but they seemed unsure when I told them about the home test. I've decided to wait a week and if Aunt Flo hasn't come a callin' I will take another home test. I don't really want to spend money on a blood test if I'm just way late.

Oh, and btw, DH and I have gone the past four years on the fertility method (no bc, just avoiding sex when fertile and using condoms when in doubt) but I haven't always been 100% careful.

I also have Interstitial Cystitis and was wondering if increased protein and what not in urine could mask hCG or even cause one to have milder pregnancy symptoms?

So, yeah, lots of variables, if anyone has info, please share! Thanks! :-)
I had a super super light BFP with this pregnancy. If I had taken it a day before I wouldn't have seen it. I tested two days later, and it was still really light, but a bit more noticeable. Try again in a couple of days.
I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms until I was 6 weeks along, had morning sickness for a week or two, then it went away. I'm 14 weeks now, and am still not really having any symptoms. It kinda sounds like maybe you ovulated late, but I have no idea what Interstitial Cystitis is.
Interstitial cystitis — also called painful bladder syndrome — is a chronic condition characterized by a combination of uncomfortable bladder pressure, bladder pain and sometimes pain in your pelvis, which can range from mild burning or discomfort to severe pain.

I have it mild, basically like getting lots of UTIs. Very annoying, and devastating for those with sever cases. It causes high levels of protein in urine and white blood cells?? or something like that. That's why I was curious if it could screw up a PT.
This pregnancy and my last the tests were very faint positives. This one was faint very faint two days later re tested and it was still faint but a little better. I went to the doctor, there urine said negative They did aMy hCG level was only at a 7 and i was about three days after i expected AF. Hoping for the best!
I had the same thing happen too. The odds of having 2 evap lines are probably very very low. If you have the money...keep testing every day and you'll see it getting lighter and lighter. If you look at my pics you can see how mine were.
I would take a first response or a pink dye test. A lot of the EPT and blue due + or - tests I've taken have showen a weird faint line afterwords and I wouldn't be pregnant. Blue dye tests are actually notorious for them.
Thanks for the replies. DH and I have decided we will wait one week before testing again (if AF hasn't come of course) I'm dying from the suspense and trying not to dwell on it. Maybe we will get the pink kind next time... we'll see. I will be sure to update and let you know what happens!