Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Anyone else have bad back pain & discomfort at only 23 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hi I'm 23 weeks and this is my first pregnancy, and I'm 26 years old. I'm wondering if it's normal to feel so uncomfortable already! I have pretty bad lower back pain, especially on my right side, that makes it hard for me to get up and it hurts when I start walking. I also have knee and joint pain, is it too early to be feeling like this? I know I'm carrying pretty low..I can seriously feel him kicking as low as my privates it feels like! (sorry if TMI!) Is anyone else carrying their babies that low? I'm not overweight but I have gained like 20 ish pounds already, could that be why I feel so strained or have a lot of people felt this way? I have a long way to go, I'm wondering if my body will just adjust to this and get better, or will it just get worse? Thanks for any feedback. :)
My dear friend...  I am so sorry to tell you that not only is it normal, but you probably wont get used to it!  It sounds horrible, I know, but I'm right there with you!  The pain in my hip started around week 19 or so, the one on my ribs started around week 23 and so on.  Haha.  I am 29 weeks now and yesterday my left hip was killing me!  I could barely walk straight!  I know gaining too much weight can cause more discomfort, but I've only gained 17 lbs and I'm as uncomfortable as anybody else.  Our bodies are releasing hormones to "loosen" our bodies in preparation for the birth and that's why everything hurts (many books and my doctor's words!).  Plus the baby is moving everything around to make space too.  I'm pretty lucky, my pains start around 7pm or so.  For the most part I'm good during the day.  Try taking a hot bath and relax, or have somebody give you a massage!  =)
I hope your growing pains ease a little bit!
Oh!  I forgot to tell you, sometimes I feel like she's kicking me in my privates too!  So I know how weird that sounds!  
And of course, if your pain gets to be really bad, you should talk to your doctor about it!  
=)
im 21 weeks and i feel that right sided back pain A LOT too! doc told me its most likely round ligament pain and that its perfectly normal to feel it this early....ive only gained 7 pounds but i think i must be carrying low as well because he's always only kicking me right at the pubic bone...and right on top of my bladder...although my belly looks pretty normally placed. i pretty much never feel him higher in my belly...its always down low. my back pain gets worse from walking around a lot and it gets better with rest. you can also  take tylonel for it or try a warm bath. but i really think it is normal and theres nothing to worry about but it probably will get worse so i guess we all just have to learn to get used to it in our own ways lol
the joys of pregnancy*