Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Arthritis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Arthritis?

I'm 20+2 and last night after getting really upset my hand started to hurt around my middle knuckle radiating out. It gets worse when I move my hand and lessens, but still hurts, when my hand is still. Can pregnancy cause arthritis and is there anything I can do to make my hand feel better? It really hurts so bad...
I have arthritis but I don't think pregnancy can cause it. I suggest you see a doctor as without a diagnosis it is hard to know how to treat it. They will more than likely suggest applying heat unless it is swollen, then you apply an ice pack. You may need to either exercise it or rest it for a week or two. Sorry that's not much help. Paracetamol doesn't help me but may ease it a little and it's worth a try as there isn't much else you can take. Like I said get a doctor to check it over to see if it's a muscle, ligament or bone problem and then you will know more about how to make it better. Good luck.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers