Pregnancy 18-24 Community
BV
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

BV

I was recently treated for chlamydia about a month ago, I'm 14 weeks pregnant & my doctor is now treating me for a bacterial infection in my vagina (BV I guessing). I've googled it a million times & ive read it can cause miscarriages in the second trimester & that my partner does not have to be treated. I'm so.nervous about the whole situation this is my first pregnancy.. can anyone help?!
Blank
Ima tell you what Ive told others: do not research stuff online. They always give you worst case scenarios and make ya panic lol
15 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I just got treated for BV and my baby and I are okay... What is your concern? If you take the meds like prescribed it will go away and you will be fine
Blank
Wether or not it can affect my baby, & does my partner need to be treated I've read that they do & I have read that the dont. & what causes BV?
Blank
It can only cause problems if left untreated,as long as youve been prescribed something an take it properly itll clear up and you should be fine.
Blank
same same go get it treated! im 17 weeks 4 days just finished the cream last friday take it all for the 7 days i had no symtpoms of it i got my pap results back and then told me i had it...get it treated and it wont harm u
Blank
Ima tell you what Ive told others: do not research stuff online. They always give you worst case scenarios and make ya panic lol
Blank
4046357_tn?1350484062
How do you know if you have it?? what signs do you get??
Blank
I know it was the worst idea but I'm new to all of this
Blank
A vaginal discharge & a foul odor can be present, sometimes it can be neither
Blank
i had no symptoms!
Blank
Hi ladies i was going to post something like this. Is this common in pregnant woman?
Blank
Miley I didn't have any symptoms either which is why I'm so confused how I can have something but no symptoms!, & queenkay I've talked to a few girls I work woth who have children & they ha all said its very common & sometimes can occur a few times during your pregnancy.
Blank
Thanks Kate, wish I could help answer your question but thanks for answering mine :)  the only advice I have is ask your doctor lol goodluck
Blank
Your partner does not need to be treated an it can only affect your baby if you don't treat it..
Blank
Yea I just got finished taking pills for it its not a STD its something from bacteria
Blank
4046357_tn?1350484062
If you have no symptoms then how is it found? Once I read about someone having something I start to wonder.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...