Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Baby shopping?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Baby shopping?

I'll be 17 weeks 2mara and I'm wondering when can I start shopping for the baby. I'M having an baby shower but I feel more comfortable being prepared ahead of time. My family says it's bad luck but I don't believe in putting negative in the atmosphere. Soooo CONFUSED!!!
I am 24 weeks and I haven't bought anything yet. I'm going to wait until I'm 28-30 weeks my shower is at 32 weeks so I may wait until then. Im not in a rush to buy anything I have lost two babies one at 18 weeks one at 19+5 and I had Bought stuff it made things so much harder on me. You're still early I would wait if I were you.. you never know
I love being prepared ahead of time!!! But everyone kept saying wait to shop! It's bad luck to shop early! Humbug!!! I wish I did start shopping earlier. At least stocked up on diapers and wipes. You will always need those items. Maybe started getting clothes and bottles. I got a lot of the big things at my baby showers and whatever I bought I kept the receipts just in case! But I didn't start shopping until 8 months which I feel was too late. Start whenever you are ready hun. I wish I did!
I had most of everything by like 27 weeks lol.  I'm 37w now and have nothing else to get. My fiance had a diaper poker party where the buy in was you had to bring a box of diapers.  That gave us over 1,200 diapers. so that helped on the diaper front but everything else was bought slowly because i didn't want to have to pay for everything all at once.
I started picking things up slowly once we found out the gender at 19 weeks. We also had our baby shower at 21 weeks (super early I know) because we live 1000 miles from home and it was the only time we would for sure be visiting before the baby arrives. After I had the baby shower I was able to see what we had and what we needed more of. I love being prepaired, so it was nice to start buying some things you know you will need (diapers, wipes, a few onezies, etc) because people bring all sorts of stuff to showers. I can not even tell you how many out fits I got for our little girl! Everyone wants to by clothes and cute stuff, so I would spend my money on things you will need regardless of the shower!
See I'm worried if I wait until 7 or 8 months. I won't really enjoy the shopping experience because I'm rushing. I got married Feb 9. 14 found out we were pregnate in April and I baught my first home in Jan which is a fixer upper and I'm working to renovate I just feel like I have to get so much done before the baby gets here! Time is just flying
I bought my first haul at 21weeks. I felt comfortable enough to start. Its only bad luck if you shop before 13 weeks or so I'm told. My mother on the other hand started shopping right away. I told her at 7 weeks for support. apparently I have pretty much everything I need already. I had 4 misscarrages previous losses. I told her as long ss I don't see it until I'm 28 weeks do what you like.
Im 7w5d and i started already hehe
I waited till i knew i was having a girl and i cant stop i seriously buy her something everytime we go to the store. im 24 weeks we already have crib and mattress, crib set, clothes, diapers, wipes, and recieving blankets.. my baby shower is in oct and i really couldnt wait i had to get some stuff. start a registry it might help you feel a little more at ease