Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Bactrim in pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Bactrim in pregnancy

Hi im 14 wks and 5 days pregnant and my doctor told me i had a urinary tract infection and he prescribrd bactrim.. On the label it says do not take if pregnant. Can bactrim hurt your pregnancy?has anyone else takin it while pregnant?
call ur pharmacy and have them look up what category its in and if its ok to takw at14 weeks
I looked it up and its a category c wich means they never tested it on pregnant woman. I called my dr with my concerns n he said its safe to take it but im worried so did anyone else take it while pregnant?
They always give me cipro when i have UTI's the one your on i cant take it doesn't clear it up
I have been given amoxicilin for uti... U should ask ur doctor... I havnt taken them i m still w8ing for midwife appointments...
I just had an uti I was 15w and I was prescribed nitrofurantoin. I looked it up, it's commonly given to pregnant woman. I wouldn't take something if it said not to on the bottle. They don't know if it's safe there hasn't been studies done on pregnant women..
I had a UTI when I was pregnant with my first and they prescribed medicine, unsure which one, but I didn't take it. I just drank a lot of cranberry juice and that cleared it right up :)
Oh yes Semack84 is right, cranberry juice helps a lot, just make sure you get the pure cranberry juice and dilute it. The other stuff has too much sugar on it and you need to stay away from sugar. Sugar causes infections to grow..
Oh man that worries me.. I have been taking it for 3 days now because my doctor said its ok.. Im really nervous because i read online that they studied it in pregnant rats and that it caused cleft palate and in high doses fetal death :( and it said that late in pregnancy it caused severe jaundice that causes brain damage.. Im not going to take it anymore but i am terrified...
I had uti n i was prescribed macrobid, i work in er n they never prescrible bacrtim to pregnant pts.
g
g
My uti is an occuring one :( tests done and they negative. Tried cranberry juice it didnt help. Amoxcillin helped for a week. Now im clueless on wat to take and its makin me not enjoy my pregnancy :(
I had kidney stones and my doctor prescribed me bactrium! :( im scared now! i only took two of them but noticed it said dont take while pregnant but my ob prescribed it to me and she said it was fine