Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Belly button pain while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Belly button pain while pregnant

Did any of you have belly button pain while you were pregnant and if so how long did it last? I don't remember having it with my first and I just starting having it yesterday morning. It's driving me nuts it only hurts in the one spot and it comes and goes.

I checked the books and can't figure out  how long it should last for.
I didnt have any problem with this myself but it is pretty common and is caused by pressure from the growing uterus on the belly button.  From what I have read, this tends to peak around the 20th week of pregnancy and then the tenderness starts to subside in the following weeks - of course everyone is different though.
I have it too, and I can't explain it.  I'm only 10 1/2 weeks.  I hope you get an answer!
I usd to have it and it felt like my belly button was being pulled down from the inside, then it went away.  That's just your ligaments and tissue stretching from the growing uterus.  Right now you are in the first stages of real growth so you will start popping out more so its natural until those ligaments stretch completely.
You should try doing some exercises and stretching all your joints and back and belly as much as you can and carefully, that way you can help your body out a little and it wont hurt as much.
Im.14 weeks and havr pain in stomach area its because of baby moving ur stuff over  itd really sharp pains, especially when u get up or move too fast,.try resting
I've had belly button pain pretty much since week 10 or the week I "popped." Its on and off, but at least once a day. I always forget to ask the doctor, because it never stays. Since I hit week 18 it's been more frequent, however. I will ask the doc next Thursday when I see him.
could be a hernia i had this and that is what it was from my first pregnancy im currrently 18 weeks and im praying i dont get that same pain since i didnt get it repaired yet
I have it too and I'm 13 weeks:/ its a really weird feeling like almost tender to the touch
Omg yes I started getting it like 2 months ago I'm not 32+6 it hasn't gone away for me an I haven't had it during my first pregnancy but alot of second pregnancies are harder because your body has to go threw it when it already went back to normal it ***** thou I can say that for sure and it's in one spot right on the top and around my belly button when I touch it or move wrong it kills