Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Birthing Options

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Birthing Options

I've been reading up on some birth options. And I personally have taken an interest in Water- birthing. I love the water to begin with and I like the idea of giving birth in water. I mean after they have been floating around in water for nine months and after reading about some of the benefits of water- birthing. I definitely believe that I want to water-birth my child. I dont like needles so an epidural is out of the question. I dont like the idea of someone staring at my parts for hours on end either. So laying on a bed with legs spread wide just doesn't seem natural to me. I want my experience to be purely unique and as comfortable as possible. What could be more comfortable than being nearly weightless in a tub of nice warm water? I cant think of anything else but that. I think water-birthing is my best option. Is there anyone out there that has done a water birth before and could share some advice and wisdom about it?
With a water-birth your probably going to have to use a midwife. Most hospitals 99.9% of them do not have the means to do water birthing, nor do they really allow it.

And with using a midwife, most insurance these days will not cover the birth unless it is done in a hospital. I know my old insurance when I was married, did not allow home births or midwives to deliver the baby. I am now on state insurance, and they too won't pay for it.
I was very interested in water birth too but unfortunately the only way to do one here is to do a home birth. They don't allow it in the hospitals in Ontario for some reason. I have a midwife but I will be delivering at a hospital. Something I've come across that seems really great is the Bradley Method. I got a book from my library about it and it seems great and makes a lot of sense. I suggest you look it up...it's something that I bet you'd like too.