Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Bleeding/Spotting @ 4-5 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Bleeding/Spotting @ 4-5 weeks

I am hoping to keep this short...

Found out i was pregnant on 8/30
8/31 started bleeding - bright red (what i would define as moderate) - thin, no tissue, no clots
hcg 9/2 = 85
hcg 9/4 = 268

stopped bleeding 9/6

today (9/8) - brown spotting

Doc doesnt seem to optimistic.  Went for hcg today wont be back til later this afternoon and I am freaking out... I was trying to remain positive but the tone of her voice has made me less positive...

ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING TO HELP MY MIND!!?!?
Wish i could give you more advice,brown blood is old blood,this is good sign,and very common.as for the bright red blood,this isnt so good.did you have any pain with it.some women do bleed but when its red they need be checked out.which you have done.Only HCG can tell you.fingers crossed for you.
Could be implantational bleeding because levels are doubling but implantational bleeding is usually pink or brown and not a flow. the hcg results should be very telling. I wish you the best, and am very sorry you are going through this. Last month I had a BFP and a week later started bleeding small clots no cramping, got HCG and my levels were zero on the 3rd day of bleeding, she thinks it was a false positive, I think it was probably a chemical pregnancy.

The best think you can do is just try to relax, I know this is very hard I had no bleeding in my last pregnancy and went in for an ultrasound at 8 weeks only to find out that there was no baby and the sac was measuring 5 1/2 weeks. It has been a really difficult couple of months.  But it could be nothing because your levels seem to be doubling which is a good sign, if your next beta is lowering or not doubling I would start to be concerned, and remember that early pregnancy loss is really pretty common, its just that most people didn't even know that they were pregnant. I'm so sorry your going through this, but stay positive until you have more results.
Thank you so much.... my hcg came back yesterday and it was 901, this is like a 96 hour hcg because of the holiday.   the docs are as confused as i am.  they wanted to see it around 1080.  I have to go back tomorrow for another hcg.  the spotting/bleeding has stopped... i have had no pain throughout this whole thing.  He said because i did bleed could be the reason i am a little low but not to give up hope yet but they are watching me to make sure its not ectopic.  i figured i would have much pain with that..  When i explained the bright red blood last week he said it wasnt as much blood as i thought it was... *ok* and especially no pain was a better sign...

so i am just breathing and taking it for what it is right now and i am still pregnant... Hopefully I will know more with tomorrow's hcg.
Hiya im glad alls well.good sign,please keep us ip dated..
I  spotted during my second pregnancy for i'd say 2 to 3 months off and on. If your Dr. isn't concerned don't freak out yet.