Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Braxton Hicks all day long!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Braxton Hicks all day long!?

This is the first pregnancy that I have ever experianced Braxton Hicks contractions with. And up until today I literally only had 6 the whole entire pregnancy, im 29weeks today. I woke up this morning having a BH and I figured it was due to having to pee, so I went to the restroom and it went away after about 15 sec. Well about 30 min later I had another one and felt like I had to go #2 (TMI sorry) so I again went to the restroom and it seemed as I was going it made it tighten up more.

Well needless to say it is 7pm and I have been having them on and off all day today. They dont really hurt, but it does cause a lot of discomfort in my vaginal area, like his head is being squeezed. Should I be worried that I have been having these BH contractions all day? Like I said I never had them before until this pregnancy, so im new to the whole BH stuff.
This is my 3rd pregnancy and I have them all day long. I never had this many with my 1st or 2nd:( My doctor has told me that it is normal because I have had previous children and everything is more streched and lax. I have been getting them since about 20 weeks. So far today I have had about 20 of them and they are starting to get painfull:( My doctor told me not too worry but I always heard if you get more than 4 in one hour to give them a call. If you do get them more than that and it seems like they are in a pattern than I would call to be on the safe side.
p.s I have been 1cm dialated since 30 weeks, but as of my last appointment am still the same, so they arent doing much for me, lol.But if you are concerned it is better to go get checked than not and have it be labor.
My advice is, if you have more than 4 an hour (something along those lines) then call L&D and see what they say.... or if your water breaks, go to the hospital right away! I had BH, but they didn't last all day like this. You could also time them.... Good Luck!
im not far along enough to go into labor as of yet. Im not due until October so hopefully this baby decides to stay in and cook a little longer. I think I will call my doc and just let him know that I have been having them all day long. If anything it is better safe than sorry.
i've heard the 4 an hour rule...it's in most pregnancy books.  however, i am like you and have several quite regularly.  some days i have few and days like today, i have many all day long!  i just practice my breathing and am sure to drink plenty of water.  definitely bring it up to your doctor.  mine didn't seem concerned and told me to just keep hydrated and take it easy (i notice they come on mostly when i am very active).
Well I called my doc, he doesnt seem to worried, however he did tell me to time them to see how close they are. I havent been really active today, infact I have been quite lazy lol. I have been drinking tons of water because it has been very hot and humid today. I guess I will start timing and if they are regular or get worse in intensity om supposed to go to L&D.