Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Breech Baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Breech Baby

So I'm 33 weeks and my little girl still has her head right under my ribs! I know we still have some time for her to flip, just not a lot.  Has anyone gone through this?  My midwife told me to try and lay with my hips high in the air but I just can't way to uncomfortable plus with the heartburn it's pretty impossible!  I think we will try the acupuncturist or chiropractor in the next couple of weeks.  Also they can attempt a version because my placenta is along my back and up high so we are good candidates for that. Has anyone gone through any of this and how did it work out for you?
You still have plenty of time for her to turn! I wouldn't worry until closer to 37 weeks. For me baby was head down at 36 weeks and then decided at 37 to go into the breech position and got herself stuck. I tried everything in the book to get her to turn and by 38 weeks she was still breech. I was given the option of a c-section or the external version. Because I wanted a vaginal birth so bad I decided to do the version despite all the horror stories of it. I have the lowest pain tolerence ever and I cab honestly say it didn't hurt. They hooked me up with an IV and a doctor came in with ultrasound tech. They watched baby as the slowly massaged behind her head putting a little pressure onto my stomach and sometimes using that weird vibrating whistle thing on my tummy to wake her up/annoy her and guiding with his other hand her butt to that she would flip. Which she did. They turn made me wait for an hour while they made sure she moved around enough and wasn't stressed out and sent me home. Gave birth vaginally 2 days later with no complications.
I went through that with my son. At 38 weeks I was telling my OB how he was kicking and she said that doesn't sound right so she sent for an u/s and sure enough he was facing the wrong way and hanging out up in my ribs. At 32 weeks I tried everything to get him to turn but it wasn't happening. I did end up having a c section. And I would do it all over again. I had an amazing recovery
Well,im 35 weEks n mi sOn is still tHe reGular way!! HOw do I get him 2 tuRn???
Thanks for your reply...I know she's got time but it's just nice hearing your story.  I will be doing what I can to make sure she turns.  I'm going to a birthing center and want to have a water birth but can't do that unless she turns!  They will send me to an ob at 37 weeks for the version if she hasn't flipped by then.

amy8702 - I have had 2 vaginal births and one ectopic where they had to remove my tube and cut my tummy like they would for a c-section (except they didn't have to cut into the uterus)  I would absolutely choose a vaginal birth over the recovery of a c-section.  If the baby just won't turn of course I have a c-section I would just like to avoid it if I can.

I am 35 weeks now and my baby is breech after being head down for weeks. Hospital aren't overly concerned yet but like you I am finding it quite uncomfortable. I am doing what I did with my first baby, she was transverse at 34 weeks and so each day from then I got on all fours for about 20 mins, by 37 was she was head down...albeit back to back. This is my 4th baby so I am fairly confident I can encourage him/her to turn.
Its completely understandable wanting to avoid a c-section. I was trying to scare you or anything just trying to give you another story kind of thing if that makes any sense
I completely understand, and I do thank you for your post. It just sounded like you preferred the c-section which I know I wouldn't, but would do it if the baby needed it of course just as you did.
I'll try the all fours because I absolutely can't do the hip tilt. I just tried and did not feel well at all, I think everything is to heavy and because she's too high it compressed my organs too much. I got very light headed, dizzy, a little nauseous and all together didn't feel well so that's out.  
one of my babies was breech and we tried acupuncture but his bum was wedged in too much, so we went for the external turn, it was painful but because I had had babies before it was successful and he stayed head down until birth
Well 34 weeks and still breech...She's still got time and I am a good candidate for a version so we will see. Thanks again lady's for the comments.