Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Bright red spotting (only once)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Bright red spotting (only once)

I'm 27 years old and Im new here. my LMP was on July 10, 2012. I do have PCOS was dx back in 2002. I was taking Mononessa to keep myself having a period. I usually take BCP for about 6months after I have been off of them for 6months or so. I know, for me, usually it takes me about 2 months to get myself off the BCPs and get back to a "normal cycle" w/out any extra hormones. I had AF type cramps around the 2nd of Sepf, but no period. My boyfriend travels with his job, this time he was due to leave my local area on  Monday Sept 17, 2012. So that Sunday I stayed with him and after a little arguement we BD'd. It just so happens that the 16th was exactly 2 weeks from when I should have started my period. From a few sites that I have joined, they all say that btwn the 13th and 17th were my most fertile days. Ok fast forward to Sept 25th, 2012. Its late at night, and in our bathroom we have a nightlight type bulb, I went potty and wiped, seen a slight brown on the toilet paper, didn't think twice about it. 9/26- Took my daily vitamin, got my cup of coffee, and went to urinate. When I wiped I had a mini heart attack. I had a bright red blood smear on the toilet paper (it looks more like i cleaned up red kool-aid with t/p). I wiped a few more times and there was nothing. From then until now (9/29) I have had pretty consistant light brown to light pink discharge when I wipe. I have done a internal check on myself, and it came back once with a very very small clot (like the size of the metal part on an ink pen refill), and it has been  pink or light brown and kinda stringy...

I've also been getting headaches (migraines even, at times) just about every night for about a week. From 9/25-now I've been very nauseated and even vomitted a few times. My bb's are a little sore as are the nipples, I can't stand cheese cubes, and those are typically my fav. snack.

My biggest concern is if anyone else has had a one time bright red  vaginal discharge and then it goes to pink then to brown, or if this is something bigger I should have checked out. I cannot test until Oct 1st, so please someone let me know if you have had this too and had a successful run.....

Amy
Since this won't let me edit that post, I have also been having fairly uncomfortable lower back pain,  And right hip pain
Hmm I had bleeding (bright red and brown/pink) for the first 3 months of my pregnancy, not the entire time, but episodes of it. I ended up having a partial placental abruption, but I am now 35 weeks and everything looks good so far.

I did not have any symptoms of being pregnant in those 3 months, I had no idea I was pregnant and had chalked those bleeding "episodes" up to funky periods.

I did have implantation bleeding with my second child and it was just a little pink discharge that happened around 7 days after I ovulated.

Im sure this doesnt ease your fears or answer your question, but I wish you good luck=)
Thanks, not exactly helpful, but hopeful nonetheless.

Like I said this only happened that ONE day, and the night before, in the low light of my bathroom, it looked brown.  Its still there the brown/pinkish stuff, but only when I wipe
I just woke up, but forgot to go get a test last night, so I wont test until tomorrow morning right before work. Hoping and Praying for my BFP. The discharge is gone, nothing even when I wipe. Wore a pad to bed last night because wasn't sure if AF was going to appear in the middle of the night, and nothing is on it when I went to the bathroom to check