Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Can a yeast infection be an early pregnancy symptom?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can a yeast infection be an early pregnancy symptom?

I had a chemical pregnancy last month in which i got my period about a week after getting 2 positive blood tests.  A few days after ovulation, i developed a yeast infection.  Normally i only get these when taking antibiotics.  I took a diflucan before learning i was pregnant.  This month, same thing with the yeast infection.  However, i did monistat this time in case of pregnancy.  The infection developed a few days after ovulation.  Many women apparently get yeast infections right after ovulation when they have become newly pregnant because of the major changes in body chemistry.  I am wondering if i might be pregnant again and this yeast infection is a sign?  Has anyone else developed a yeast infection right after conceiving?  
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
741741_tn?1294287610
Well I cant say your pregnant but I do know that every time I get pregnant my 'first' symptoms have ALWAYS been...
Sore BBS (way more then usual)
Hiccups  
and a horrible yeast infection

I used to get them a lot, then after I had my son I quit wearing underwear (unless needed) and they stopped. But with all 3 of my pregnancies I had the worst yeast infections!
Blank
1151328_tn?1284523945
Thanks Teddi!  I'm not gonna get my hopes up but it is a good sign.  If ever there was a reason to be happy about a yeast infection...i guess it's pregnancy!  LOL  Anyone else had this experience?
Blank
1194973_tn?1385507504
I can't say I've ever had a yeast infection, pregnant or not. (Though this is my first pregnancy) I've never actually heard of an infection being a sign of pregnancy, but I do know they're more common during it.
Blank
1151328_tn?1284523945
Clysta, I've been reading a lot online, especially on TTC boards that many women first realize they're pregnant because it's the only time they typically develop yeast infections.  Since i got one last month about a week before i learned i was pregnant, i am hoping the one i have now is also pregnancy related.  :)
Blank
1151328_tn?1284523945
Anyone else experience this?  The YI is gone.  I'm on CD26 now, just waiting to see what happens...
Blank
1303813_tn?1303162962
I had a yeast Infection WHILST being pregnant but I was like 18 weeks gone... So I was far into my pregnancy, But its never been a symptom. There are many reasons for Yeast infections....

Here are some causes of yeast infections

Why did I get a yeast infection?
Many things can raise your risk of a vaginal yeast infection, such as:

•stress
•lack of sleep
•illness
•poor eating habits, including eating extreme amounts of sugary foods
•pregnancy
•having your period
•taking certain medicines, including birth control pills, antibiotics, and steroids
•diseases such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV/AIDS
•hormonal changes during your periods.

Yes pregnancy is one of the causes of a Yeast Infection... BUT there are many others as well..

x
Blank
1151328_tn?1284523945
Well, i just got a faint positive on a HPT!  So i think my prediction was correct, i tend to get a yeast infection when i first become pregnant.  Two yeast infections, two months in a row and preg both times.  Let's hope this one sticks!  
Blank
congrats!!!! i have also had a yeast infection  since July 4th! (2months) i have been trying to conceive  so i stopped my birth control pill in June. i got my period last month, still have not seen my period yet and i don't know if Tue reason for my yeast is do to pregnancy or the stop of birth control....
Blank
I've never had a yeast infection before. My boyfriend and i are trying for our first. I'm sure i conceived. Not positive yet. I'm trying to hold off until i'm more likely to get an accurate result on a pregnancy test. But I've had Sore Breasts, Bloating, Cramps, Nausea, and now i have a very uncomfortable yeast infection which I've never had before. So i'm very anxious about taking the test.
Blank
Ladies I enjoyed all your responses very informative and interesting! I'm hoping I'm like some of you ladies fingers crossed. My husband and I have been trying almost a year now ... and here lately I'm very fatigue all day, drinking tones of water so of course peeing frequently, eating and eating never can get full and when I do seems like ten minutes later I'm hungry again. I think I have a yeast infection and I've never had one before. So that's how I ended up here reading this. I know I may be reading into pregnancy signs way too much but it's hard not too lol. I keep reminding myself and my husband patience is everything. But we can still cross our fingers, looks like we will find out next week though. ;)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...