Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Cause of Placental Abruption
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cause of Placental Abruption

Can someone tell what can be a cause of placental abruption. I had one at 34 weeks 5 days, which caused contractions.I never had high blood pressure, never smoked, never had trauma. So what can possible cause it?
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What causes a placental abruption?

No one knows exactly what causes placental abruption, but it has been linked with many other conditions, including if: You had placental abruption in a previous pregnancy.

You have . pre-eclampsia

You have . bleeding in early pregnancy

You have a blood disorder which increases the likelihood of blood clots (thrombophilia).

Your unborn baby as well as he should be (intrauterine growth restriction). isn't growing

Your . waters break early

You have (polyhydramnios). too much amniotic fluid

You have had a trauma or , such as from a or .

blow to your tummy car accident domestic violence

You or during pregnancy. smoke take drugs

You have had many babies, or are an , as your risk increases with age. older mum-to-be! This is what I found but sometimes there's no known cause.
Blank
2177836_tn?1355177477
I had a placenta aburation at 29 weeks due to preclampsia. I never had any signs or symptoms. I just woke up one morning to pee and only blood came out, I went to the doc and everything was fine but got sent to l&d just to get a double check and when I get there my bp was 198/127 and her heartbeat had stoped.
Blank
Sabrinaaa27 - its horrible. Were they able to save a baby?
Same happened to me. Never had any signs, had a healthy pregnancy. All over sudden just started bleading. I was hospitalized and my bp was extremely high, which i never had. My son was born at 34w 5days and spent time in NICU.
Blank
2177836_tn?1355177477
Unfortunately the placenta detached and my daughter passed away inside of me so I delivered naturally as a stillborn.
Blank
So sorry to hear that. Did you have successful pregnancy after that? What are the chances for abruption to repeat?
Blank
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979