Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Could I have preeclampsia or Hellp syndrome? Worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I have been having this really awful pain only on my right side on my ribs.. I kept thinking the baby is growing so it must be normal and everyone else tells me not to worry but it doesn't feel normal. It started about 4 weeks ago and now when I touch it even feels sore at times. Then the other day my Dr. said they saw more then the normal protein in my urine and had me do another urine test and blood work today. I didn't know what that even meant until I went online and looked it up. I read about Pre Eclampsia and how you can have symptoms of Hellp syndrome without the high blood pressure because my blood pressure wasn't too high.. and one of the main symptoms people have is the pain on the right side. So now I'm FREAKING out. I also noticed my baby hasn't been kicking as hard.. it's almost like her little kicks are getting weaker. Has anyone else experienced this pain? Should I be so worried or ..? I don't know I'm just really scared especially if I have to deliver her this early I'm only 24weeks along. Any advice would be appreciated thanks..
Try to calm yourself down.  Stressing out over all of this certainly isn't going to help baby.  If there is anything wrong with your urine and/or blood work your doctor will let you know.  Even if you do develop Pre-E it doesn't mean you will have to deliver right away.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Wait and see what the doc says.  With my 3rd pregnancy I had protein in my urine (had to do the 24 urine collection) I had MAJOR swelling, all kinds of aches and pains, BP was a little elevated. But i did NOT have PRE-E, after a few weeks everything went back to normal.  Hang in there!
Oh and do you know if you have a posterior or anterior placenta?  That can make a difference in the amount and strength of movements you feel.
I have rib pain too . my dr told me it is normal and will only get worse.. sorry,  I just lay down with my arms above my head when it is killing me and try not to over do it... feel better.
Trust me I'm trying to stay calm but it's hard because I already have anxiety to begin with. I was literally crying for like 2 hours yesterday lol... I had a misscarriage like 3years ago but I was only like 10 weeks along.. so after I carried this far and if something goes wrong I don't know what I would do. I just want a healthy baby and I really hope its something I can deal with if it is that. Seems like some doctors don't take anything serious until it's too late, but my doctor this time has been answering all my questions and dealing with my anxiety.. I feel annoying but still I don't want to not worry and call them and then something goes wrong and I did nothing about it.. if that makes any sense. Hopefully my results come back okay today I will update and let everyone know. I just hope it's not my liver hurting in there that is scary as hell. :(
Oh yeah and last night my baby kicked so much so I feel better about that.. she was barely moving for like 4 days maybe it was the way she was laying or something. What does that mean there are two placentas or something?
an anterior placenta means that the placenta is on the front part of your uterus towards your belly button, with an anterior placenta it is basically in the way of feeling your babys movements, it sort of cushions them.

Typically the placenta is posterior, meaning towards your back so when the baby moves you can feel the movements in the front.  
The Dr. called today and said the bloodwork on my liver was okay but that I'm anemic now..... theres no way they could mix up Pre-E with being anemic right?.....