Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Cramping and pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Cramping and pressure

I am 20 weeks pregnant and having lots of cramping and some pressure in my hips! I spent yesterday in the emergency room because of excess discards which I was fearful could be fluid! It wasn't and they did an u/s and saw my cervix measured at 3.5 and no funneling! My
Cervix did look soft and couldn't see it good because of it being extremely tilted but looked like it could be nearing one! They told me to rest as much as possible but I work direct care and have to lift people every day! I'm nervous but they haven't pulled me from work and are talkig about needing to do a csection because of the tilted cervix and uterus! Is anyone else having these problems or fears I am so nervous it is my second pregnancy but first one ended in miscarriage early and I dont want to lose my
Little man! Any advice or encouragement would be great! Thanks
If your cervix is softening that's not good.  You definitely need to rest if possible.  Does your job have light duty?  I would try to do that if possible, you don't want to b preterm.  I would call and ask ur ob if they want u to be off work.  As far as having tilted cervix and uterus, I have that also and delivered 3 babies naturally.  Good luck
You have to be careful. My pregnancy was going smooth as can be. At my 30  week appointment my ob asked if i was having any contractions or tightening or cramping. I said minimal 1-2 on a bad day. I had been havingsignificntly more at 22-25 weeks. This was a tuesday. Come sunday i woke up and had 2 small contractions with some painful cramping. I layed there for 40 mins to monitor, nothing more came. I was goin to let it go but i called a nursing line to be safe who told me to go in. I went in figuring i was wasting resorces. Sure enough, my cervix was short. Measuring 1.9 Cm. Now im in hospital on bed rest hoping there is no progression. Im being revaluated at this32 ,weeks if ther is more change im here until 34 weeks hoping icontinue to hold out.

The point is it would have been easy to over look those two painful cramps.  You may be okay for now but a couple weeks can really change things. Last week i was having one to two painless contractions a day now im averaging 25 or more, still mostly painless. The concern is that clearly changes wee happening without much sign.
You do need to take it easy, talk to your employer maybe you can get extra breaks or lighter duties. I would get your cervix revaluated again to after sometime as it can give you a better idea of where you stand
if you are worried about work you are legally entitled to be accommodated while pregnant. wishing you lots of luck and rest!