Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Cramps but No Period, Minor Pregnancy Risk

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I have had cramps for the past two days, but my period has not shown up. Today is the 30th day of my cycle, and I don't usually track it (never had a reason to) but it always comes around the same time each month, usually a couple days earlier each month. I got my last period on July 20th.  I have never missed a period since I got my first one when I was 10 years old. This doesn't usually happen either. I usually just get cramps then get my period that day. I have been under a lot of stress lately, and I will explain why. I know this is a long explanation, and I'm sorry, but I need to know if I could possibly be pregnant from the situation am I about to describe.

On the 31st of July I was involved sexually with a man. We did not have sex. He did not ejaculate, but there was pre-seminal fluid on his penis. (He had used the restroom earlier if that makes a difference.) I know he adjusted himself several times, so I'm no positive if he got pre-seminal fluid on his fingers, but I assume he did. I don't exactly what his hands touched, if anything, after adjusting himself, but he deep-fingered me twice.

The whole month since then I have been experiencing a variety of stomach pains - most of them probably stress-related because I have felt so worried/guilty, but as of 2 days ago I've been having what I thought were on-and-off menstrual cramps - some sharp some dull.

I have talked to two doctors about my risk of pregnancy in this situation, a therapist and a gynecologist, and both said I was not at much real risk for pregnancy. But now my period is late, even though I am experiencing PMS symptoms. And I've read all over the internet that PMS symptoms without a period is a sign of pregnancy.

Also, if my period is delayed do to stress, is there anything I can do to make it come?

I had that. I thought I was due on my period because of cramp pains. But now im 8weeks pregnant. I did a test 2days after I was late and it came back positive. I suggest u get a pregnancy test. My cramp pains lastd until I was 6weeks. Was worse after sex. I would defenatly get a test, good luck
Is there anyone who has experienced this that ended up NOT being pregnant? Will any medical professionals be responding on this board?

I don't know what to do. Did you read my situation? If I was pregnant, it's not like the man would ever believe me that it happened that way. My whole life as I know it would be over. I'd have to leave my job, my friends, and city, and move back in with my parents.
I believe it could just be simple stress, the actual risk of pregnancy is very very very low.
Based on what happened on July 31, i highly doubt you are pregnant because you didn't actually have sex and he didn't ejaculate in you. If your last period started July 20 and you have a30 day cycle it seems that today would be the day your period should come, so you aren't that late, if late at all.  Stress and worry does affect your cycle sometimes.  My advice would be to relax, don't think about it so much and take a home pregnancy test. That's the only way you will know for sure aside from your period coming.  Both times i was pregnant i first felt breast tenderness and nausea a couple days before my expected period.  Those are stronger signs than just cramping and you didn't mention them do that too makes me think you aren't pregnant.  But again, i would take a home pregnancy test for peace of mind.
Thank you for your response. I haven't experience nausea or any differences in my breasts. Just the feeling of menstrual cramps and like the my period was coming, but no blood.

Re: my last period. I actually had spotting on the 20th, then it began the 21st. Since my period usually comes a couple days earlier each month I figured I might be on a 28 day cycle which would mean I should have gotten my period on the 17th. But it is not the 19th and still nothing.  Again though, I am not sure exactly how many days my cycle usually is.
You're experiencing all of these symptoms because you are obsessing about being pregnant and looking up all of the pregnancy symptoms. Your brain tricks your body into thinking you're pregnant when you do that. You're most likely not pregnant, its only August 19th so its only been 30 days. Its ok if your period comes a little late, and it probably will because you are stressing, but honestly I will tell you that you don't get pregnant from getting fingered.
Thank you for your response. So you think the cramps I'm experiencing could be psychosomatic?

I know you can't get pregnant from just being fingered, but he probably had pre-seminal fluid on his fingers - which sometimes contains sperm.  
You should take a test to have a peace of mind. Even if there is pre-seminal fluid if its not in your vigina (vagina) while its leaking you should be fine because it dies the very little sperm that may be on it will die with the air... So don't stress out or worrie. That's prob what's making you late.... I used the pull out method before I tried to get pregnant and my Dr would say that there was very little chance to get pregnant. He didn't recomenemded because you still can but that's because the pre ejaculated is inside the vigina (vagina) and his concern was more if we didn't pull out on time. But I was married and didn't care. So don't use that method if your avoiding to get pregnant but since he never put it in you prob are not pregnant
I only remember having a significantly late period (5 days) once in my life. Should I be worried that it's late? Can stress really cause this?
Manny things can cause a late period.  Stress, weight loss, weight gain, sick, its not just pregnancy that causes u to miss a period. Or make you late
you cant get pregnant from him fingering you no matter what was on his finger.. your periods probably late because your stressing it. like high risk said any number of things can cause the late period.. were women and anything can off our balance of things. so try to relax. if anything take a home pregnancy test to ease your mind.
I think it is just in Ur mind. If u could get pregnant that way. I would have gotten pregnant a long time ago. So no worries. I think Ur fine!
Thank you everyone for your responses, they have been mostly helpful and comforting.

I just keep feeling like I'm going to get my period then nothing happens. It's hard because I keep reading from people that this happened to them and it ended up they were pregnant.

I have also never, ever missed a period. And I know I haven't "technically" missed one yet, but it's not usually late.

I'm sorry I keep asking the same questions - but you really think what I'm going though could be psychosomatic?

I'm terrified to take a pregnancy test, because I don't know what to do if it comes back positive.
yes i believe its most likely in your head.. I went my whole life without missing a period.. and last year around this time I missed one.. I completely skipped it for whatever reason (stressing, thinking I could be pregnant) your mind can trick your body into believe its really pregnant .. I literally skipped over it completely I took a test and it was negative and I went to the dr and they told me I was completely fine and sure enough the next month when my period would of been due again I got it.

so our bodies can do weird things.. you might take the test and as soon as you see its negative you might start tonight or something.. if it is positive for whatever reason all you can do is take it one day at a time
Thank you.
Do you think it means anything that periodically I've been having a sharp pain in my stomach near my belly button?
Yesterday I had a small amount of light brown/yellowish discharge with what looked like small flecks of blood in it. (I was happy because sometimes I do have brownish discharge for a day or two before my period, though usually darker in color than this.) Then I took a bath to relax my muscles, after which I had strong menstrual-like cramps. This morning I again had a small amount of that light brown/yellowish discharge (no red flecks this time). Some very, very light cramping early this morning, but it's since subsided. Like I said, I do sometimes have brown discharge a day or two before my period. Do you think, considering this lighter color, this is more likely to be an infection? Or possibly the onset of my period? Or pregnancy (implantation or breakthrough bleeding)? I was just so happy when I saw the discharge this morning (gross I know), but now nothing else is happening, and I'm obsessing over the color of it.
I'm sorry I am directing my questions towards you and you might not know how to answer them, it's just that you've been the most helpful in this thread so far. In addition to the light brown/yellowish discharge this morning, I just had the tiniest bit of light pink discharge - it was very watery. I feel like I've read somewhere else that pink discharge is a sign of pregnancy. Is it?
I know that a lot of people don't follow up on these boards, but I just wanted to report that I DID just get my period!  

I just wanted to sincerely say THANK YOU to those who responded to me with constructive advice!
i experienced three days late period prior to ill health........... Appendicitis
Pls I also need advice, I had sex 3days after ♍Ɣ period and he did pull out b4 ejaculation. And ♍Ɣ period is suppose 2 be out now but It's not coming and am having cramps and breast tenderness...... Could it be am pregnant?
Infact I am having cramps for a week now but expecting period tomorrow. What can it be,I need help
Hi I am 11 days late on my period and me n my bf ad unprotected sex 2 days before my period was due, he always pulls out and often inserts again, Im worried abt being pregnant bt Iam getting cramps like period like cramps bt noo period, anyone cud help wid this please I am very scared
I had unprotected sex the last day of my fertility week and my ovulation day. Im having cramps after sex and pain around my belly button area and my period is nearly 4 days late 3 to be exact. what should I do?
Its been 45 days since my last period I've not
been stressed or anything and I've taken 4 hpt all neg I've been getting a lot of cramping and feeling dizzy sometimes my breasts feel heavy like I'm going to come on but I haven't as of yet can anyone figure it out?
i was due for my period today but i havet got it i always start gettin cramps bout 2 days b4 i get my period but i havet had any cramps me n my bf r tryin to have a baby so would like to no whats goin on
I had a light pink show yesturday but my period hasn't come am a slim person my ribs and under arms have been painfull my breast have been tenderness and sore and it feels like I've gt hearburn near my chest I've already gt two kids but I lost weight about a year ago and now am a size 10 and didn't really feel anythin with my last two I was quiet a big person then x
So me and my boyfriend were messing around and I had my underwear on and everything and we didn't have sex and he didn't *** on me but I think that there was some pre-seminal fluid that might've came out. I have been having cramps and I should have gotten my period but nothing yet. Also a couple days ago I got some white discharge (gross I know) and I know they said that could be a symptom that your pregnant. I'm stressing out terribly, I'm not on birth control and I took a test and it was negative. Can someone please tell me if I could possibly be pregnant???
I HAVE ALSO MISSED MY PERIODS AND THE STRANGE THING IS THAT I HAVE CRAMPS, I WENT FOR A TEST AND IT TURNED OUT NEGATIVE, AM YET TO GO FOR ANOTHER ONE. COULD I BE PREGNANT?
the last time i see my period is  the 1st of august and last month i feel the cramps but my period dont come, and am feeling the cramps again and still not seeing my period
can some one help me please
I am a 16 year-old girl....and I had the smart idea to fool around with my best friend 2 weeks ago. Ever sense then I have been stressing because I have yet to have my period and it was supposed to be around this week or next week. When I fooled around with my friend I made him stop because it was hurting and I didn't want to get pregnant and he didn't ejaculate. I have been worrying because I have had pain near my bellybutton and for three days I was feeling nauscious. I am fine today aside from cramping. I started feeling nauscious after doing home pregnancy tests and after doing research I started feeling weird. I am praying for my period because I don't want to disappoint my family. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!
Someone help im young and scared to death me and my boyfriend had sex and before he put the condom on he went in . He presperm got in me but i been on birthcontrol for a year . And my period is a day late am i pregnant. ?