Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Cravings :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Cravings :)

I am craving fried chicken and marshmallows. Oh the joys of being pregnant lol. What is yourweirdest cravings??
Mine isn't weird but for about a week I've wanted anything that tastes peachy. A peach, peach fuzzy candy, peach suckers....whatever I can get my hands on! LOL
Barbeque potatoe chips with chocolate ice cream.  (together!)
All I can think about is clams and dr. pepper. I have no idea why. But the other day I almost cried because I wanted them so bad. We're not even allowed to eat clams during pregnancy. :(
I've wanted macaroni and tomatoes almost my entire pregnancy. It's been what I eat for dinner almost all the time just because I want it so badly.
Why can't we eat clams during pregnancy and mmm BBQ chips and chocolate ice-cream sounds goof so does mcdonalds French fries dipped in mcdonalds ice-cream lol. And why peach lol
Wow Mac n cheese and tomatoes is the best I would eat it even before I was preggers lol
Haha. I actually can't eat dairy (lactose intolerant) so I use elbow macaroni and diced tomatoes. Mmmmmmmm.
Clams are shell fish and shell fish has mercury or something silly like that in them that we're not supposed to eat. I'm about to say f--- it and go get some anyways since I'm sure ONE little encounter in my whole pregnancy won't hurt me.
well so far i dont have any cravings but cant eat chicken! I looked up online about murcury and some shell fish is ok. Actually king crab and shrimp dont have traceable amounts of murcury. Im also having a hard time with milk.
I believe the largest concern with them is that they're undercooked or raw which can make you really sick, and some illness from red tide are not always killed from the cooking process. If you do eat it, Clams are supposed to have the lowest amount of mercury in them, so two 6 oz servings a week should be ok.
Sweet! I knew that lobster, shrimp, crab etc were ok in small quantities but somewhere I read something that said no clams, mussels or oysters and that bummed me out.
I haven't had any problem with milk yet except that I hate it lol I hate any kind of fish or anything that swims in water or lived in water
I ate some Salt and Vinegar Cape Cod chips dipped in vanilla yogurt about 2 months ago when I was pregnant with my son...it was my toddler's idea...oh it was so good.
Now I reallly want Mac n cheese and tomatoes soooooooooooo bad. Unfortuantly my know it all husband thinks it's to early for me to have cravings and thinks that it's all in peoples heads :(
Haha. I'm sorry! I'm eating it for my dinner (I made a HUGE thing of it yesterday) Just make it anyways. He can fend for himself. :) That's what I tell DF when I eat something he doesn't want. (Which is all the time. Haha)
I would but I don't got Mac n cheese or tomatoes :( so go ahead and keep rubbing it in lol
Aw. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can get it soon. :)
Tell your husband that cravings are natures way of letting you know you are lacking something in your diet.
Me to. Did you have your baby yet
Me or Alaysha? (Or someone else? Lol)
Yeah, tell your husband that when he's pregnant he can not have all the craving he wants, but seing how as your the one that's pregnant you get to make the food calls no matter what he thinks. And its never too early for cravings. I craved pizza and breadsticks from pizza hut when I was pregnant and kit-kats...and apples so not all bad. Lol
Clysta I mean you lol. And I always do the cooking anyway lol
I don't think I've had ANY strange cravings with any of my pregnancies.  My thing is that I will go through phases.  I will crave a specific thing for a few weeks then it becomes something else, towards the end I start having aversions to things I normally love.  Like in the beginning it was waffle house hashbrowns with cheese now they sound gross.  Now I'm wanting a lot of cheese and most food just sounds yucky.
Haha. No, I've not had my baby yet. She's not due for another 5 weeks technically, but to a baby that doesn't mean anything. She'll come when she's ready. :) I also do all the cooking as well. I just make him something else.
I haven't had any strange cravings. I have ate a lot more Mexican food the last few months than I have in the last 3 years. I also eat a ton of fruit I want it all the time!  I have 2 nectarines for breakfast then 2 apples and a bowl of cherries with lunch then more peaches and nectarines with dinner or plums or plulots any fruit I can get all fresh though can't do the canned fruit.
I am with Dolphin.....I am 26 weeks and haven't been able to eat chicken since becoming pregnant....it used to make me feel sick even thinking about chicken!!!!  The only thing I really crave is ANYTHING sweet.....esp desserts!!!!  I love my sweet things!!!
Agreed on the chicken!!  Cannot do it!  But really want Mexican food and Italian food.

I have also been eating nearly every day Mac and cheese with tomato sauce!  I do white cheddar Mac and cheese (Annoe's brand microwavable) and use sour cream instead of milk or butter and then add the powder cheese and tomato sauce :). YUM!!!

Now time for little ceasars pizza and crazy bread :)
Tegu do we have cravings
I mean why do we
Some believe it's your body having a desire for something you're lacking, which makes sense because some women will want something they'd never eat before pregnancy. As of now I don't believe there's anything that says what causes it for sure.
I haven't been able to eat eggs through the entire pregnancy. Weird because I used to eat 2 hard boiled eggs per day. I also haven't been crazy about greens either. But, I try to eat them anyway because I know folic acid is important.

I went through a phase that lasted about a month where all I wanted were cheese burgers. I ate them like 2-3 times per week! Lately I've had a sweet tooth. Fruit, pie, cake, pastries you name it! I try to only eat the sweets in moderation and I will try to supplement fruit when what I'm really craving is red velvet cake, but it's hard! LOL.
I craved Quavers crisps and Chocolate TOGETHER :) LOL..... does taste rather nice LOL.

xx
Well for the first ten weeks I ate everything in sight, but now things are leveling out and I'm constantly craving cottage cheese and watermelon.  And fruit fruit fruit!

And now coffee is completely gross to me, so strange!
My mumis addicted to tea, and with my brother she couldnt drink it LOL...
red apples, not like the pinkyy red ones but the PROPER RED apples!!! Yummers

xx
I haven't had any really weird cravings.  I really have wanted...macaroni salad and bacon sandwhiches.  I can't get enough...I don't want them together...but that's what I've been wanting...
lol! i cant do cereal and milk anymore.Don't want to see biscuits. I am loving potatoes though and kapenta fish(don't know if you guys know of this) but i'm craving kapenta fish,leafy greens and sadza(u make it from mealie meal).lol. all you must be confused.lol
Feta cheese n peppers...n I have a thing for tacos everyday I want tacos with sour cream
During my entire first trimester, I ate pizza pockets for lucnch every day! Once I got into the second trimester, all of a sudden they tasted extremely nasty and I would take two bites and throw it out because it would turn my stomach. I remember crying when one fell into the garbage the one day LOL!
I seem to go on phases, I would crave mac n cheese for awhile, right now I'm on this Mr Noodles kick. Oh, and I have pancakes every morning on my days off. I also eat a lot of fruit, but have a hard time with veggies, rice chicken and pork.
I am going to make Mac n cheese with stewed tomatoes and bacon in it. So who's coming over for Lunch lol
Me. I need a plane ticket LOL.and a passport LOL..... that sounds soooo goood . I am muching on Harribo LOL just finished my pasta, I had a bite of a muffin then my cat stole the rest... I want an apple thoughh

x
Lol where u from
England LOL...
Missions away, but if my mum took that job i'd be in canada right now!

x
Youu
x
Well i have just came to the conclusion that i dont really want any meat. That is really weird for me because i love meat. Me not being able to eat chicken is also weird because with my two previous pregnancy i had no issues with chicken. Maybe a sign its a girl??? I have noticed im wanting salads a lot more now then ever. I miss eating chicken!
the other day i ate a tangerine 3 slim jims a glass of milk and a piece guava paste all at the same time... i would eat a piece of tangerine and apiece of slim jim and a sip of milk and go on to the rest... lol... thats the weirdest thing... i have had a hard time with chicken as well... i am only 12 weeks but... i have been really sick so lots of things sound gross.... lol
Wow y so much troubles with chicken
i dont know... i usually loveee chicken... but really have not wanted it at all since im preggers in any way shape or form.. i have a hard time buying it as well... if i see it raw it breaks my heart i think its just my emotional side picturing the chicken alive and then thinking im going to eat it... idk what it is.. but we havent had chicken here in over a month...
I was craving cheeseburgers during the first trimester of my pregnancy. And I could NOT stand spaghetti, like cooking the italian sausage for my husbans spaghetti was sooo gross, I could not eat it at all. But cheeseburgers I loved!! Cheeseburgers from Culvers. Then at the end f my pregnancy I LOVED Arbys! Loved! Mmm...great now I want Arbys lol
Reading this post and all of the comments is making me hungry.
I have been on a peach kick too. They are sooooo good right now. I also crave either yogurt with fruit or oatmeal and fruit every single morning. Can't do eggs for some reason. I have also rediscovered my love for fresh popcorn made on the stove...not microwave. I had the burger craving going on the first trimester too but it has passed now.
What's been weird for me is the things I used to eat all the time that I don't want anymore, like granola, yogurt, spaghetti sauce, cereal.
I've been craving potatoes a lot and also salad o_O go figure.
As nasty as this is... Garlic and peanut butter. I managed to curb it by having a peanut butter related snack before having a pasta dish wish lots of garlic.
pickles and lots of them!
ya this post is making me hungry, with my dd  used to eat mcd's fries with a mcflurry, something about the hot/cold thing.

I think I might go make some mac and cheese with tomatoes! sounds delic!!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers