Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Cravings by Gender
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cravings by Gender

So I've heard that depending on your babies gender you crave different things.....

If it's a boy you crave salty & spicy things... But with a girl you crave sweeter things....

I'd like a poll on cravings ladies! And let me know what you're having!!

I'm 19 weeks and won't be finding out the sex of the baby, it will be our surprise!  I've been obsessing over spicy things, I drink TONS of Milk..thats my go to drink with ANY meal...yet in the morning I want chocolate pudding!!

105 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think you having a boy..i was the same way as u i craved hot spicy things but too always ran to the sweets lol i am having a boy im 23w+6d. Congrats.
Blank
I've been craving meat and cheese my whole pregnancy and I'm having a little boy. I'm 27 weeks now
Blank
1926656_tn?1334973801
My first was a boy, and this one is a girl. Saaame cravings lol
Blank
I craved milk and cheeseburgers with my son. This pregnancy is fish and salads.
Blank
2066946_tn?1345527488
With my daughter I craved chef salads an carrot cake ..I'm pregnant again now 26 weeks with a little boy an wanted salty stuff an steak ..I want olives all the time now  an with my daughter it was mostly sweet cravings .:)
Blank
Im having a boy and I can't stand meat or greasy things... im eating a lot of fruit and salad yum lol... oh ya normally I love meat...
Blank
2066946_tn?1345527488
If I had to guess your babies gender I would say girl lol don't quote me but I did read somewhere if the woman is craving calcium more in her early pregnancy its a girl..you'll have to let us kno when you find out :)
Blank
This is my 2nd pregnacy
my 1st it waz all about sweets ... Icream... Fruts...anything sweet would go strait in :)) Had A Boy thats now 2yrs

Now im 17weeks nd all im craving is spycy foods.... Nd chips... Im mexican nd eat spicy but right now i want spicy that almost makes me run out the door but its just soooo gud lolzz

Idk wut im having yet but im hoping a gurl
Blank
Not true! Lol I'm 35 weeks with a little boy and have craved sweets..I constantly want fruit and ice cream lol the only salty thing I have wanted though has been onion rings ;)
Blank
I am 21 weeks today and i have craved everything atleast once. But my main craving is strawberry milk, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or chocolate milk with apple slices covered in peanut butter and Nutella chocolate. -- i want to eat anything i see or hear beibg talked about. i am having a baby Girl
Blank
971074_tn?1362763366
I never had a sweet tooth till I was pregnant with my BOY. It's gone now that he is here. Soooo I don't know about that rumor.
Blank
I craved pop, chocolate, crackers (salted tops) and oranges! I'm having a girl :)

I hated meat! I used to love chicken but hate it now. Occassionally I will eat a little bit. But unless its fake meat like fast food I can't eat it.

My meat preference flipped. Hated burgers now love them. Loved chicken now hate it.

I hope my preferences flip back after I have her! Lol I want pop but it gives me bad heartburn!
Blank
im just pregnant with my 4th and i havnt got any cravings yet .. but!!

my 1st baby i craved chocolate and raw onions and had a girl
(now 4yrs)

my 2nd baby i craved sweets and mc donalds milkshakes and had a boy (now 2yrs)

my 3rd baby i craved pepper on everyfink and apples and had a girl
(now 1yrs)

Blank
im 24 weeks and 6 days pregnant with a baby boy and all ii crave for is salty chips and cheese dip
Blank
Lol, this is so funny! Thanks for posting everyone!  I was never a milk drinker..had it occasionally with cereal, but the thought of not having milk with at least dinner depresses me lol.  And I'll drink at least 2 glasses with my dinner.

During the first trimester, I wanted oranges...all day, everyday!  Then I had a bad sour one, and haven't touched them since.  I eat tons of fruits and veggies, but it's the thought of mexican food that drives me nuts! I'm not even Latin. I will def. keep everyone posted... just 21 more weeks to go... lol.
Blank
1954574_tn?1324879574
I've not really had any cravings :(
I'm 27wks3days with a girl.
Blank
I'm 28 weeks today with a boy first baby and I crave sweets all the time
Blank
I'm 28 weeks today with a boy first baby and I crave sweets all the time
Blank
I'm not usually a candy /sweets type of person I usually go for salty stuff but ever since I got pregnant with my little girl all I want is cake and candy!
Blank
2095820_tn?1333390983
Hi! I am pregnant with my first child and all I want is spicy and salty. No SWEETS! And I found out that I am having a girl! I thought it was a boy because of my cravings but def not! :)
Blank
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and crave onions and cashews and salt like crazy u guys thinkin boy???
Blank
All three of my pregnancies I craved chinese food lol. Admittedly though, my last pregnancy I was all over icees or just ice. I have one girl (7), and two boys (4-2)
Blank
All three of my pregnancies I craved chinese food lol. Admittedly though, my last pregnancy I was all over icees or just ice. I have one girl (7), and two boys (4-2)
Blank
With my daughter I craved bojangles, and so far with this pregnancy I want subway all the time and nothing else. So idk im hoping for a boy
Blank
I'm pregnant with a baby boy n i crave sweets/ junk food more then i have in my entire life. I find my problem being sometimes I'm starving while others im not...just seems so weird. im 22 weeks tomorrow
Blank
3137343_tn?1350832760
With my son I craved fruit and sweet things and Ginger ale. I'm pregnant again with a baby girl and I can't stand the smell of meat and crave sour things so I'd say it varies with the person and baby with my babies the symptoms were total opposite though.
Blank
2203296_tn?1400645223
i think that's not true im 23wks and found out im having a boy this will be my 3rd boy lol my.first one i wanted mexican food and my 2nd everything with salt and lemon this time i want totally opposite i want sweets all day so i think the craving has nothing to do with the sex of the baby... :)
Blank
2109562_tn?1347257448
I'm 27w. I crave anything and everything lol!
Blank
2109562_tn?1347257448
Oh I'm having a boy (:
Blank
my Girl i craved bagels and cream cheese early on..thats all i wanted to eat then later on it was Tacos my boy i craved PB&J with chocolate milk early and then later it was sweet foods like Sweet n sour chicken, or chicken salads salty french fries lol
Blank
I'm preg with our third girl and craved savoury with all 3! Especially garlic bread and onion rings, cud just eat a whole plate right now :-) x
Blank
3837727_tn?1348672591
Im 26 weeks with a baby boy, I crave fruits and sweets. In the beginning vegetables and ground beef made me nauseous. Havent
been big on pickles or salty foods either.
Blank
With my 1st child i craved lots of sour candy and lemons, oh and lots of cheeseburgers...I had a boy. With my second I dind't really crave much just during my first trimester, a bit of sour candy too (another boy). I'm 13 weeks pregnant and mainly craving lots of fruit specially watermelon no sour candy only gummy bears. Can't wait to find out what baby #3 is!!
Blank
I'm 31+4 with a boy and I have craved salty and spicy my while pregnancy as well as cheese and I run into craving sweets a lot of course too lol but for me it has mainly been spicy things and cheese.. oh and I am loving greasy foods too haha and meat!!!!! Lol
Blank
I'm having a girl and I crave spicey stuff all the time!
Blank
I Crave Hot Sauce With Everything . I'm Having A Boy.
Blank
3127682_tn?1345502152
.19w5d & having a boy...i crave mostly salty foods but in the middle of the night or early in the morning i want fruit or ice cream.!
Blank
Well,im Mexican and im always eating spicy food and I crave it more,but my thing is sweets,im 12 weeks,dont know the sex of the baby yet. my husband wants a girl and I do too,I already have two boys all grown up,and is my husband first child,we r so exited
Blank
im expecting a little boy (23w 1d) and all im craving is chicken and also white chocolate
Blank
4526747_tn?1356287015
I'm having a girl and I crave spicy stuff, potatoes, pancakes, and strawberry milk.
Blank
Im 28weeks and i crave iced tea and lays chips mmm :) im having a boy
Blank
i am 20 weeks prego and my husband hasnt had a girl in 100 plus years on his side of the family.. the techs say girl but you never ever know :) im graving pizza, cheese, bread, pasta ice tea lol... sweets cant get enough of ,..yup already gained 30 lbs lol <3
Blank
I am pregnant w my princess nd all i crave is salty n spicy! So i dont think it matters
Blank
I'm craving everythin with Pineapple except the fruit itself as I find it sou. So far it has been Hawaian Pizza, KfC's Haiwaian wrap,KFC Spicy wings, Jam Doughnuts, grapes and potato salad. I used to looove meat...can't stand it anymore...same with chicken. I'm 19w 6d today...haven't found out gender yet.
Blank
Idk... I like eating more spicy foods. But I dislik e eating meats. I love saladas too :-D and dnt like much sweets.. And idk what im having yet. My hubby and I have a feeling of a boy but we want a girl :-D:-D..
Blank
i`m on my 3rd pregnancy and im craving cheese and meat. i guess i will be having a baby boy again for the third time..but it`s too early to tell coz im still in my 8th week. and honestly hoping to have a baby girl.. =(
Blank
Having a girl and I crave anything sweet anything spicy just sounds gross...
Blank
I'm about 9 weeks pregnant however I went to the E.R. the other day because I had back pains as well as crampping so they performed a quick sonogram and I saw my little tadpoles heartbeat and the told me I look farther along than 8 1/2 weeks. All I wantto eat is banana pudding, strawberries, naked drinks, cheese doodles, strawberry milk, spinach and pancakes as well as vanilla ice cream with bananas. Those are my cravings and the only things that does not make me nauseous
Blank
With my son I craved meat. Lots of meat and I was a vegetarian. With this baby its candy like licorice and sour patch kids and potato wedges.. I don't know the sex yet and I'm 15 weeks and 5 days
Blank
4983320_tn?1378405868
I was dying for some salt and vinegar chips the other day. I went to the store just for them. I hope I'm having a boy!
Blank
4922269_tn?1367816896
I have been craving milk too and they say I am having a girl. I also crave sweets a lot more and sometimes I crave spicy good but I have bad acid reflux now =\ 27+3
Blank
With my girl all I wanted was sweet things, flavoured milk, lollies you name it.  now im pregnant with a boy and constantly wanting steak, chicken burgers and baked vegetables go figure!
Blank
All I eat is salty and spicy things and im having a girl!!
Blank
I'm having a girl and crave spicy and sweet, sometimes salty too. Pudding and buffalo sauce are my main staples right now
Blank
I'm having a girl and I've craved pistachios the whole time and pickles and sunflower seeds :) the only sweet thing I'll eat is a Brownie with walnuts
Blank
4902332_tn?1360764827
I'm having a baby boy and have recently gone off chicken but have fallen in love with red meats like stake and lamb with lots of onions and jalapeños lol. But also crave sweet vegetables like sweet potato, butternut squash, plantain etc. So I kinda like everything really salty, sweet and spicy haha not much help in indicating what gender you might be having. Keep us posted :-)
Blank
4476664_tn?1361636549
I'm 18w5d and my sweet cravings are for my key lime pie...and other than that I want homemade breakfast all of the time! I'm having a boy : )
Blank
4678041_tn?1360109079
With my first 2 boys i absolutely had to always hav cheese puffs lol n craved pizza n any food really lol n this one they say is another boy but doesnt feel like it,  im in love with sweets(donuts, pies, etc)  n for a while craved milkshakes n pancakes n now breakfast sausage   lol i hav new cravings all the time.. but cant stand sour stuff yet or onion rings eww lol
Blank
5190403_tn?1375793717
I'm only 10w pregnant, but I am trying to find out what my food binges mean. I'm not really "craving" per say, but the only food that doesn't turn my nose up  at all is cereal. And I could drink chocolate milk all day. We are hoping for a boy, but might end up with boy/girl twins. . . : ) I'm next in line on the family tree!
Blank
I had 3 girls wit all 3 of dem i couldnt eat chicken nd meat nw im preg again nd yet i dnt eat chicken bt i eat meat i like salty chips and love french fries in my 1st trimester i was all da tym sick morning nd night bt nw much beta im confused wit da gender of my bby how i hope dis tym its a boy
Blank
5111430_tn?1377666821
My 1st pregnancy I wanted spicy salty and vinegar things!  It was a girl!  :)
I'm 7 weeks now and I want fruits and all healthy foods lol I just know it will be a boy!  
Blank
Im not one to believe that what you crave in your pregnancy defines the sex of your baby. I craved spicy foods first and sweets with my second but had a girl twice. Its whatever god blesses you with.
Blank
4364093_tn?1365873259
I'm 27weeks with a little girl and I always crave sweet things. Its hard for me to eat any meat without feeling sick afterwards.
Blank
ive craved cheesecakes and milkshakes yumm im having a girl:) haha
Blank
I don't know if any of its true but I'm definitely craving salty stuff and cheesy stuff lots of milk
Blank
It is too funny, this is my 4th, my first was a girl, she is now eleven.  For the first five months I craved digiorno pepperoni pizza, then.the last for it was sweets.  My second; a boy salads, chocolate he is tfive now.  My third; a boy, it was all about beef anything beef, and raw sashimi, I know its bad for the baby,but nothing ever happened, he was born healthy. This last one my fourth, any pepperoni pizza is extremely good, but also I love any hot peppers out of the jar, flammin hot cheetos, meats not too fond of, I have always been a chicken eater, I hate chicken right now, do not like greasy foods, or fried.  Love veggies, I am 16 weeks, but I don't want to find out this Time, I think it is a girl, only because of my mother's intuitions, and dreams.  Your body craves what it needs, I think it is pretty neat to try and guess by foods,but like the sayin goes man plans and god laughs
Blank
4845170_tn?1369105892
I crave spicy stuff so much. But I also crave froaties from Wendy's like there us no tomorrow. I am having a girl in august!
Blank
I am craving sweet frout and sweet.I am pregnant 2 month.boy r girl??
Blank
Ive been craving anything salty, and cheese since o was about 12 weeks. And I'm now 28 weeks and I'm having a little boy! I really can't stand anything sweet, of gives me heartburn now.
Blank
My pregnancy last 2 month.like food fruit sweet not like juice and salty food.boy r girl.??
Blank
Like sweet food in pregnancy.girl r boy?
Blank
5512611_tn?1370347178
im now 16 weeks and 6 days into my pregnancy and all i fancy eating are salt and vinegar crisps, double decker chocolate bars, i love my fruit and also veg. i absolutely can NOT stand spicey foods!
any thoughts?x
Blank
That's false for me lol I craved salt and was convinced it was a boy. But I'm having a girl!
Blank
10 week pregnancy I craving sweet food.sign off boy r girl?
Blank
Im hving a boy and been craving acidic foods and loads of milk along with the odd chocolate or baked bean craving lol.
Blank
5585674_tn?1370386982
I have no idea what I am having yet as I am 6 weeks, but, ALL I want is spicy food, the smell of fish makes me gag and I throw up anything dairy.  I am trying to read on possiblities as its completely opposite of my 16 yr old daughter when I was pregnant with her.  ALL I wanted was sweet tea and peaches and anything sugary.  Now the thought of sugar sounds like licking the ground, unappealing.  SO I hope that it is a boy... I CANT WAIT to find out.  HE has 2 boys from another relationship so I am hoping that it is a boy.

Fingers crossed
Blank
Im only 6weeks & 3 days im craving pickles hot wings hot peanuts and crabs in different hot things not really much sweet things.
Blank
Im 20 weeks and im craving strewburrys salads and cherys and sweets sour sweets with my little lad I craved milk shakes and chease cake and this 1 its dr pepper I dnt no wot im hvin yet but want another boy x
Blank
Im cravin sweets strewburys and pop with my 2 and I think im hvin a girl as I craved milk and salads wiv my boy I think ul be hvin a gal as ur cravings r ova way round to myn I find owt tuesdy 9th july
Blank
im having a boy boy.. and craved salty & spicy..

hated anything like that before and all i craved in my first 2 trimesters was salted chilli chicken and hot currys.

im 34+3
Blank
I'm craving spicy foods Im hoping for a girl I'm 25 weeks Friday I have a two yr old son I don't remember craving anything specific with him!
Blank
I mean 15 weeks
Blank
im 8 weeks preg.with third.child all I am craving is sweets wake up sweets go.to sleep sweets my 2 other pregnancy were boys never craved this bad to sweets like now idk what im having yet too  early
Blank
im 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd on the way and craving sweets all day with my other 2 never craved for anything and they were boys idk for this one its too early lol
Blank
what.do you think boy.or.girl
Blank
help im eating salty foods and chinese foods, tired alot in morinings and evenings times around 3 or 4 in the evenings i dont know what im having can anyone help me, i seem to want beef currys all the time from the chinese or i just make my own from scratch.
Blank
I think its a lie . I was craving salty stuff and id over salt my food cus I would feel it so bland lol . Everything pointed to a boy , but I'm having a beautiful baby girl:)
Blank
can anyone tell me if im having a boy or girl im eating chinese alot and salty chips and its gonna be my second child my first was a girl and now i would really love a boy
Blank
1938799_tn?1382646543
I'm having a girl n I crave anything salty n with my first girl I craved everything sweet...
Blank
Its my first and its a girl:) never liked sweets like cakes,donuts etc.  Now I have to eat something sweet every day.  Glad I didn't gain much wight because of that lol
Blank
Well I'm a tad behind posting but you were right @summero87 I had a little girl and the nurses told me the same thing that women that are having girls tend to crave a lot of calcium!! Shell be a year next week! Crazy how the time flew
Blank
6012053_tn?1388852872
with my daughter I couldn't eat...everything made me sick.
I lived off cereal bars, rice krispie treats,  and decaf tea in the beginning.
After I had a leak of fluid at 24 weeks and the fluid was low enough around her they put me on bedrest in the hospital I lived off  ice cubes i swear...I was so thirsty.
Blank
my best friend and I both crave hot cheetos and spicy stuff, but were both having girls.
Blank
I am 21 weeks and 5 days all i do is crave pizza and a little sweets
Blank
Hello,
I am only 5-6 weeks, tomorrow is my first official apt. But I have 4 girls already and every time I was pregnant I craved nothing but sweet things, now this time I am pregnant but craving real full course meal, meats and salty foods, and spicy foods. I have 4 girls hoping for a boy this time. Have a long way to go before I find out the sex of the baby.  
Blank
Iv had 2 girls both sweet cravings , my first girls was beetroot and my second was sugary sweets! Had morning sickness really bad threw both pregnancies! I'm preg again and started eating lots of scrambled egg before I new I was preg, after I found out I started struggling to eat food was always bloated and felt full and if I forced myself to eat id be sick, I don't have any cravings but I don't normally eat chocalate but I am now and I enjoy mash and gravy but I'm not craving it! I'm hoping for a boy could it be possible
Blank
IIm having a boy n couldn't eat anything greasy but love yogurts,  fruits,  pastries and tons of tomatoes ;)
Blank
Yes i think its a girl..i would literally drink a half gallon of milk a day with my daughter :-)
Blank
6710217_tn?1386114492
I crave cheeseburgers, steak, chocolate, BBQ chips with ketchup, carrots and celery with ranch,  French fries, M&M's, Kit kats, tacos, hot wings & I'm having a girl :)
Blank
I'm always wanting red meat (even tho red meat makes me really sick while prego) doughnuts and ice cream. I find out in a couple weeks
Blank
I always want sweet things and am having a girl not much spicy things
Blank
6658361_tn?1384720951
I'm having a boy, I used to HATE HOT SAUCE now I'm in love with it. & spicy chicken wings.I work at McDonald's and I make sure my fries are extra salty lol & my popcorn.. but I crave chocolate.. so you never know
Blank
I crave salt a lot...all I want is pretzels.  I'm almost going nuts right now cause I'm trying to cut back on my salt in take.  I'm got two options either pick the pretzels out of the cheezit mix or make popcorn.  Oh yeah...I'm having identical twin boys!  
Blank
I'm having a boy and I've only craved sweet things the whole pregnancy. I quit soda a year before getting pregnant and cravings for soda came back...cookies are my fave food right now...girl scout cookies and choco chip and double chocolate chip, muffins, scones, pop tarts, sugar cereals..and yep it's a boy!!! So these myths have nothing to do with what gender you are having. I'm also carrying high but its due to me being short and less room for a baby in there!
Blank
All I crave is spicy foods and pickles! I eat a pickle very morning and I put salt on everything I eat. Before I got pregnant all I ate was sweet foods and now that im pregnant its all about salty fatty foods, im 8w2d and im dying to find out what im having. Any suggestions?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...