Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Crystal Light & Flavored Water???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Crystal Light & Flavored Water???

My boyfriend's mom said I can't drink Crystal light or flavored water because it has the artifical sweetners in it... has anyone ever heard of this. I am craving crystal light right now and its all I want
She's right...you're not supposed to have any artificial sweeter....AT least not too much of it.....Alot of people do anyway, but I don't think that it's worth the risk.....I'm not sure if flavored water has sweetner in it?  You'd have to look that one up....
If you drink flavored Poland Springs (like with lime or lemon) that is also carbonated, it does not have any artificial sweetener in it. In  fact I drink that everyday. Also, my doctor told me that a little bit of Crystal Light was perfectly fine; just not in excess. I had been drinking A LOT of gatorade in my first trimester and all the sugar was making me gain weight. She actually was the one who suggested I try Crystal Light instead. I personally have not had it because I don't like the taste of it but my doctor did say a little is fine. Again, the flavored carbonated Poland Spring is also very good and refreshing.
Yeah, a little won't hurt but of course it's your choice.  I too have been drining a lot of gatorage and Vitamin water because I am so cik of plain water, I think I am gaining unnecessary weight from it.  Ugh.  I have been mixing ice tea with just a little Country Time lemonade....it's good.
they make a drink that is a pre-mixed iced tea and lemonade.  It's by the Arizona tea company and it's called Arnold Palmer.  It's really really good!
My Doctor told me it was okay to drink, but just don't consume an excessive amount of it. Kinda like Caffeine...okay to have a cup a day but don't over do it. (not Preggo yet that I know of) but when I am I will prolly just stay away from it just to be safe, it's not worth it to me. Like Shannon said, those Poland Spring Waters are delicious and soo refreshing when cold! There are other yummy drinks out there that don't have artificial sweeteners in them but you just have to beware of Caffeine! Usually they have one or the other ya know? So I've found that most drinks made by Poland Spring, Dasani, Aquafina are fine...no Caffeine and no artificial sweeteners. But still read the label just incase!
Ohh I mean to also say I found the best thing to drink is Tea. What I do is buy Caffeine free Tea bags, boil like 4 cups of water and than put in 4 or 5 tea bags. Let the water soak up the tea, than leave it on the counter for about an hour to cool down. Put in a container and fridge it up. Then when I want something cool and refreshing (when sick of water) I get a glass, fill with ice, pour tea in and sweeten with a tsp of sugar and honey. It's sooo yummy! Or you can put honey and sugar in the entire container but I find its more fresh when you do it with each glass. Or you could do sugar and squeeze a lemon in there instead of honey. But it's really good for you, there's a lot of antioxidants and it's a great way to stay hydrated without adding any preservatives or additives. (sorry I was in nutrition for a year, I'm a complete health nut!) and lemons and honey are super good for you too! Try it instead, I bet you'll become addicted like me :)
I drink it all the time, was actually TOLD to do that since I don't particularly like plain water.  I've also drank a lot of caffeine....this is through 4 previous pregnancies and this one.  They also say not to eat lunch meat do a bunch of other **** that most women do anyways with no ill effects.  You really need to watch the "advice" you get or you'll be starving, thirsty and miserable during your pregnancy.  Talk to YOUR doctor about what he/she thinks about this stuff.