Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Delivery room drama!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Delivery room drama!!

So I'm finally set on who I want in the delivery room with me. I want to keep it simple and have just my mother, my boyfriend and his Mom if she makes it on time from southern Cali. 

But how do I tell everyone else they arent welcome in the room. My best friend kinda invited herself in the room and so has my fathers new girlfriend (and that will just be complete drama) I have no problem telling my dads gf no but my bestfriend is going to be a tough one. 
I just don't want all the extra eyes and personalities. I want the people I'm most comfortable with because I do not know how I'm going to be feeling. 
And everyone else can simply wait in the waiting room. Is that rude?
I'm surprised your allowed so many people in the room with you. At my hospital I am only allowed to have the max of 2 people. Every one else can visit after the baby is born. Honestly I wouldn't want anyone else besides my hubby and maybe my mother this time. Last baby my hubby couldn't get out of work in time so it was just my mom and sister and they were great! You are going to be in pain and have to concentrate.. so many people may be a distraction and honestly it was a private time for me and I didn't want every one to see me pushing out the baby.  I would lie and say you can only have a certain number of people or you can even have the nurse do it for you.
That is alot of people.... It will be hard to tell them but just be clear with them that too many people will mess up your focus.. I only want my husband there which shouldnt be too hard since my whole family is out of town and plan to start the 3 day drive once i go in for delivery... but too many people would just torture me

It is not rude to ask those people to sit out.
Ya I really only want  my boyfriend and my mom and his if she were to make it but probably won't. But good idea I will use that excuse. I hate that people invite themselves into a situation that isnt about them at all. It's about my baby me and my boyfriend! Pisses me off.
When I am laboring, I allow my mom and husband, of course.  If his mom were there, I'd let her too.  But she will probably be helping to watch my other kids.  Having someone to talk to helps pass the time.  BUT when I am actually delivering and it's time to push, my husband is the only one I allow in that room.  Period!!!  It's just very personal to us and that is really the only thing about pregnancy that is kept completely private, if you think about it.  Everything else is pretty much shared during one's pregnancy.

This is my 7th baby so we don't get like tons of people in the hospital or anything.  I really prefer it that way, honestly.  Again, to me it's very personal.  It's not time for a party.  It really is about you/your boyfriend and the coming of your baby.  You have to do whatever you are comfortable with.  It is not rude at all to get your way on this one.  You SHOULD get your way on this one!
I don't think it's rude at all. I had my sister, mom and husband in the room and when I delivered only my mom and husband were there. If they think you're being rude for saying you don't want them in there, they need serious help. The birth of a child isn't a community gathering, it's a time for only the parents and who THEY allow. Just be honest and say you would prefer they not be there, but they're welcome to come see the baby when it's done and you're ready.
Your completely right! It's my choice. And I have to just speak up. Thank u!
I let my family come in the room after I got my epidural and before I started to push. They came in and got to say hi for about 20 minutes and then I kicked them out. They didn't seem to mind at all and came back in to see the baby for a few minutes after she was born.

I too had drama leading up to the delivery because other people wanted to be there and my plan was just to see how it goes. Just be upfront with them and say you don't want to make any plans until labor starts.
i know the last three times i delivered i was only allowed three people in the room they had to give their names and wear bracelets that allowed them to be there and after i had my kids only the family is allowed back in the labor and delivery room. I had my mom  and my oldest father and bff with me the frist time. With my second i had my mother with me and with my third i had my hubby ( now) my bff and and my bff mom ( and she was a great coach i have to admit she kept me very calm the whole time). This time its going to be me  and the hubby  just because now we need all the other people to watch our other kids lol.
   Who u have in the room with you is totally up to you, ur best friend should understand even if u tell her that this is something u want to keep specail to u and ur bf. If she is a true friend she will understand and be more than happy to wait to see the new arrival  after ur baby is born . If u dont feel comfortable have the nurse or maybe ur mother or bf talk to her and explain  it