Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Depo and pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Depo and pregnancy

I missed my depo shot and was sexually active but I when I went to the doctor to get back on the shot my pregnancy test came up negative, that was three months ago. I have since then gained 10lbs like my past two pregnancies and I am starting to feel movement. My OBGYN won't give me a test because they say it is no way I am pregnant but I'm sure I am. Could I be pregnant while on Depo?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
796506_tn?1370191905
It is possible since you had unprotected sex while off of the shot... It might be that you weren't far enough along for a urine test to pick up the hCg levels. I would say take a home test and then let your doctor know how the test turns out. If they refuse to do anything more for you then maybe you should consider changing doctors. Good luck!
Blank
1194973_tn?1385507504
The weight gain alone doesn't tell much because weight gain is highly common on depo. (and can happen even if it hasn't before) as for movement, they can also be in your head because it is possible to convince yourself. If you still assume pregnancy, go to a clinic or take a test. If you're feeling movement you should have no problems showing positive on a pregnancy test.
Blank
It's very possible! I got pregnant while on Depo, and no I didn't miss any of my appointments for the shot. Never late for them. And I still ended up pregnant. It's very possible to get pregnant on depo, or any birth control for that matter, which is why a back up contraceptive is always helpful. In fact the percentage of effectiveness for birth control is 99.9% however it's only 99.9% effective with the use of a back up contraceptive such as a condom. 1 in 30 people become pregnant on birth control because it is not used properly.

I would suggest you take a home pregnancy test, The first response is a highly effective and accurate test to use.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...