Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Diarrhea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Diarrhea

I wish someone could please help me.  My wife is 12 weeks pregnant. She has diarrhea for a week now. What ever she eats is out with in 20 minutes of eating. I have been twice to the GP and it did not help. He recommened the gynea but they all to fully booked. Earlyest appoint is next year. We dont want to take Immoduim as we are afraid. We have been taking Gastropect but it does nothing. Please HELP
Tags: diarrhea
My docs office have me a binder full of info for pregnancy and for diarrhea it says to:
Increase clear fluids and avoid milk products.
BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast)
Avoid spicy n greasy foods.
Imodium (immodium).

I hope this helps, she may have a stomache bug, but after trying the suggested above it doesn't get better she needs to be seen.. maybe if you explain the situation they will see you guys.. As for the Imodium (immodium) it is on the list of safe things to take so don't worry about that.. Hope she starts feeling better soon..
Same thing happened to me when I was about 8wks pg. Doctor said immodium is good or u can also take any anti-diarreah pill. Hope it helps, just make sure she drinks stuff with electrolytes since so much is coming out, Not just water. Pedialyte or powerade or Gatorade.
Base on experience I take a tea.. will be good maybe English breakfast tea.. dilmah tea or any normal tea mix it with little salt and little sugar into warm water... just to adding that I end up stillbirth 5days after but is not becos of the tea is just my son too active and his umbilical cord get twisted and stop blood flow.. take care and give her many warm water to drink... good luck.

Over cooked white rice with plain nonfat greek yogurt and add a little salt.
Eat as much as possible everytime she gets hungry. Itll stop it.
i suggested that to her but nausea prevents that
She has had diarrhea for a week and still has it. I tried BRAT and it does not help. The GP confirmed she has a BUG any said to go the the gynea. Chatting to a gynae is impossible. They are unsmpatheic. I will pay double for their 15 min of advice but its impossible here in South Africa ( Pretoria). I am going to change her multi Vitamin in the hope that it will help. Currently taking Chela Preg. I am afraid of immoduim as it contains a ingredient that is dangerous and my wife refuses to take it. Thank you for all your suggestions. As a husband i could do with all the advise as we have not told our family
I wouldnt do a multivitamin try children's chewable vitamins that what I took with both my kids cause prenatals made me sick. Multivitamins doesnt have all the things the baby needs.
Thanks for that infor. BTW is the tummy twisting feeling common. My wife feels that all the time.
I had the stomach flu 3 weeks ago. They told me to drink theraflu, water, gatorade, and my friend told me about the rice and yogurt. I was trowing up and had severe nausea too. In order to try to not get dehydrated and end up in the hospital, and for the misery to stop, I forced myself, but I did it very slowly. Good luck!
Being past her first trimester she should be ok drinking theraflu its actually mainly tylonal.
Hi there

I went to the pharmcy yesturday and asked for a box of immoduim which the pharmist refuse to sell me.  After a desperate cry i think the Lord answered my prayers. I mustarded the courage to call the last gynae and they advised me to take Smecta and Probiotics Intensive.  I will monitor this weekend and relate if it helped.