Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Discharge / Smell / Spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Discharge / Smell / Spotting

Ok personal question here. I am 3 months pregnant. For the past 3 months I have noticed a higher amount of discharge coming from me than normal. With this discharge I have noticed a strong smell and it is also pinkish in colour. The pinkish colour seems to fade away but comes back every other week. Recently when it happened, I clled my midwife and she said not to worry it was all part of implantation. But at 3 months? Later in the day while watching a movie I experienced a "gush" of blood that soaked right through my undies and pants. I immediately went to the ER. They did an ultrasound and said the baby was fine and heart beat was normal and was surrounded by plenty of amniotic fluid. The ER doctor also said it was part of implantation. It's now been a week since the ER incident and I am spotting again pink colour. The smell has not gone away either. It is very embarrassing and as hesitant about even having sex. I really want this to go away, the smell and spotting. Has any one else experienced this?
the higher amount of discharge is normal, helps keeps your PH level at a good spot to prevent infection etc. I hav the same and its been quite a lot. as for the odor i have a an odor to mine as well, TMI but mine tends to smell like a pineapple smell
Implanting is over and done now so I'm not really sure why they said that. I would ask to be checked for a UTI you may have a bladder infection that is causing this. That's the only thing I can think of. Sorry I can't be of more help. I also would ask from then to figure out what's going on pink is usually blood and I'd insist on them finding out where the blood is coming from.
for the smell to your discharge, it sounds like an infection of some sort, ie. yeast / urinary/ vaginal of some sort. i would ask the doc to check you over. are you having much sex? the pink discharge may be due to that, your cervix can be prone to bleeds now you are pregnant. i would speak to your doc in case theyre bot related or something that needs treatment