Pregnancy 18-24 Community
EGG WHites & TTC

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

EGG WHites & TTC

Has anyone every used egg whites(in place of CM) to ttc. Or no anyone who has used them.

Share your stories.  My ob mentioned it to me after the m/c when i asked a few questions about cm. She also mentioned pre-seed.  She did say some women experience yeast and infections from the egg whites but a lot dont.
I didnt think about it until now, how i am 5 months since m/c and CM is only a little when b4 m/c it was a lot. I would get some b4 ovulation then a bunch on ovulation day.  Any suggestions, my hands are in the air, i will be ovulating on the 30th CD 16
I did try it once. It was honestly very cold and gross and I don't think I got much in there. I'd try PreSeed instead since it's probably more sterile and safe, but I don't think the egg whites could hurt you (the salmonella is found in the yoke, not the whites).
LOL, did you let the egg sit out the refrig for an hour. I plan on using a sterile syringe if i choose to do that, but still undecided.
You're actually supposed to let the egg sit at room temperature for about an hour (it's okay to do this with eggs). But do NOT crack the egg. Once you crack the egg you must use it immediately. So make sure the man knows that he's got a few minutes and it's BD time!
No offense, but the egg white thing is too weird for me.
After my miscarriage in June, my cycles went a little crazy.  So a bit unpredictable, CM was there some times other times it wasn't.
Here's what worked for me: take Omega 3 with a prenatal vitamin every day.
Use an opk.  BD the day you are O when you are going to bed and the morning after.  Actually BD every other day on the week of O.  And make sure you bd the day of O.
Do a lot of foreplay before bd so you are very wet down there instead of using eggwhites or anything.  
This is just my opinion.  It'll happen, just don't worry too much.
LOL, TY mumita. I should O on the 30th. We started BD'n yesterday, the plan is to BD 26th 28th 29th 30th(Oday) and dec 1st.  Hope thats not overkill.(hum, mayb we will skip the 29th)

If no preggo this cycle, i will try the omega 3, ive been taking prenatal  and a folic acid tablet, drinking more water, i am noticing the cm is ewcm today and yesterday in small amounts. Hopefully i will have a lot at ovulation like i use to.  I guess the CM is trying to get back on track just slowly.

Congrats again Mumita, it just gives me a lot of hope when i see other women who m/c around the same time i did, actually a lot of them have became preggo, so hopefuly my turn will be coming soon.
TY, i wrote that in my Tips & Ways of TTC journal i have.
I don't think if I let DH husband know I injected egg whites into myself, he would have any interest in doing the deed.  As a matter of fact, I probably wouldn't get any for a week.  Do you think he'd be able to tell?
Im sure he would notice something different, that its more moist/slippery. Then again, do they even pay that much attention.
i used pre-seed and besides the odd tube it comes in ( we never used it that way) it worked just fine....I am 16 weeks! you can also get fertilaid cm i think its called, its suppose to increase your cm naturally.