Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Earache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Earache

I'm 3 months pregnant and have an earache. This earache is causing sickness. I would like to know what i should take in order to cure this earache immediately without hurting the child. I would like to cure it before it gets any worse.
-6 Comments Post a Comment
I would definitely call your Dr. first, but I'd say you can use Similasan Pain relieving Ear drops. They are over the counter and I have the box in front of me right now and it does not say anything about not using when pregnant.  It clearly states "safe for ALL ages, including toddlers and infants".  It is worth a shot!  I used to get ear aches all the time and know they are very painful.  I hope this helps!
Earaches can be soooo bad....call your doc if you can...if not, to tide you over, put something warm on your ear...like a heating pad or one of those warm packs you can put in the micro...even holding up a cup of tea to your ear should help...it could be caused by an infection or sometimes wax can cause painful aches...the similasan drops are good but if you are looking for something completely natural, this may sound crazy but I actually did it...my friend is native american and she lives on a reservation and uses TONS of home remedies and she told me to use slightly warm or room temperature olive oil...put a couple drops in your ear and lay on your side so it stays in...after about 5-10 minutes you can sit up and then the next time you shower, let a little water in your ear and massage around your ear...DONT spray the water in your ear but just let some trickle in...hope this helps...I've actually done this and I know a nurse who actually said that she has heard of it too.  Good luck and hope you feel better!
durham had wonderful advice for you! You can find those drops in your local pharmacy.

I've had earaches all throughout my life so I know what you're saying! They always hurt so bad they'd make me cry (and I am not a cryer!). Best of luck and I hope you feel better quick!