Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Ectopic Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Ectopic Pregnancy

Hello I  had an ectopic pregnancy on Nov 6th. My dr. performed emergency surgery because my tube had ruptured and I was bleeding internally. She did not have to take my right tube although she did have to repair it. She cut me as if I was having a cesearean. I have started bleeding as of Nov 15th. Is this my cycle or blood from the surgery? How long after the surgery should we wait to try again? My doctor says the 1st of the year but she is also not clearing me to return to work until after the first of the year. Is this normal?  Very confused! Thanks
Im not sure what the bleeding is from - have you asked your doctor?  Did they give any indications of when you could expect your 1st period?

If your doctor has told you that you can not ttc until the 1st of January then that is the earliest that you should wait to try again.  There are medical reasons for your doctors recommendations.
hmmm....my ectopic and tube were removed thru 3 puntures, I think I may have been off work for 2 weeks. i don't remember the doc saying i had to wait to try again. i had an hsg done 5 months later the got pregnant 4 months later. good luck.
I had to remove my tube after ectopic through laproscopy. My Dr asked said i can return to work after 2 weeks and wait for 3 months to try again.