Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Empty Sac At 6 Weeks?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Empty Sac At 6 Weeks?!

Okay I went to the doctor Monday and he gave me an Ultrasound. last week at the ER there was nothing in my stomache, Monday there was a sac but it was empty!!!!!??? The doctor said he could see what looks like a itty bitty white spec and I might just be too soon to show?!? He thinks I'm about 6 weeks. Did any of you ladies have an empty sac at 6 weeks?!?! should I give up any hope???
Bump
I had an ultrasound at 5wks3days and it was just a tiny little sac with a little bitty spec on one side and my doc said he saw the heartbeat. When i had my next ultrasound at 9weeks3days there was definitely a baby. It even looked like a baby. Im now 25 weeks now with my second healthy baby girl. So i wouldn't worry too much. Wait a few weeks and see if your doc will repeat the ultrasound. In sure you will see your baby then. 6 weeks is still pretty early. :)
Baby is very very small at 6 weeks. Like mayne the size of a pea. I wouldn't give up hope anytime soon. If your doctor isn't worried neither should you be.
I found out I was pregnant really early like 5 weeks. I had positive tests but there was no baby visible on the ultra sound. A week or so later there was a visible sac but no visible baby inside. I was worried since doctor couldn't detect a heartbeat yet either but after that, around 7 weeks or so, the ultrasound showed a sac with a little white blob in it and shortly after the heartbeat was detected. At that early it's hard to see or detect much of anything. But your positive testing and blood tests should confirm it. Don't stress mama, he or she is in there, just trying to grow every day.
Yes mine was empty at 6 and they did another a week later and the fetus pole was there
I had a friend who was told the same thing at 6 weeks. The doc encouraged her to get the sac taken out because no baby was there. She was going to get the procedure done. But waited a few more weeks and went to a different doc. Now she has ultra sounds showing that there is a baby living in the sac. Good thing she didn't go through with the procedure. So don't give up hope yet!