Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Endpoint for taking Baraclude to have a newborn??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I have been taking Baraclude for HepB for a bit over two months. My wife and I plan to have another kid. So I am wondering if there is the endpoint of taking Baraclude for starting a newborn??  Thanks in advance. Robert
to be sure you need to speak to your g.p for best options he may perscribe something thats ok to take with trying 4 a family. all the best lynda from the uk:D
Great thanks.
no worry's that's what we are all here 4 to try and give good advice and listen take care. :-D
I talked to my GP. He would not suggest me stopping the medicine even if my HBsAg index is very near to zero. He says it can never be the real zero. The virus can never be killed off. If I plan to have a newborn, he suggests me taking another drug which is the pre-Baraclude drug. This drug has been in the market for almost 20 years. So far the clinical observations of it say it is safe to have a new kid, he says.

I am wondering if what he says is or the drug he mentions is trustworthy enough for me to take while I plan for a newborn?? Pls give me some hints.

Thanks.