Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Equate and CVS Blue lines test false positives?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I have taken multiple Equate and CVS blue dye tests with the lines (II). Every single one comes out positive within the time limit with a skinny blue line off to the left. If I take any digital or pink/red dye tests (including FRER and $Tree) they're all negative. The only pregnancy symptoms I have is my cervix is still high, soft and wet after my period ended 14 days ago, the CM is clear, watery and see through (I did ovulation tests too and I'm not ovulating), boobs are swollen slightly, and lots of veins on my arms and legs, a couple big ones on my chest. No idea when to test since periods are irregular so I'm guessing here though last intercourse was Jul.18 which means if I am, all pregnancy tests should be showing positive 23 days later soooo....whatcha think? Getting some cramps now but period is at least 2 weeks off if its coming and ovulation tests are negative. BBT's are low also, 97.6 and 97.4 mostly....weird huh?
Hmmm..I've never liked the blue dye tests....I would wait another week and take another test like FRER and/or go get a blood test to confirm.
Sounds like you're ovulating. OPKs are not always accurate. If you had a period 2 weeks ago, you shouldn't be expecting a period again for at least another 2 weeks, which is when a pregnancy test is most accurate.
I didn't think OPK's could pick up ovulation but maybe it did. I had a positive OPK 2 days ago and the same thin blue lines keep showing up. Still got 2 left. Digital CVS test says Not Pregnant. Guess I'll just believe it. Sigh.
Take another one in 3-7 days and see what it says... good luck!
Well here it is...11 days later and still no period. CD 34. Last one was 42 days, one before that was 38 so I bought a few more tests now that I'm closer. CVS is still the only ones to say positive. I'm cautious for this being a positive because I've used this brand before when I thought I was pregnant but the lines showed up the next day but still clear, thin and blue. This result looks the same as those only within the time limit. I have a clinic test Thursday, 2 days from now. Guess I'll wait and see then. Nipples are very sore now, breasts are swollen, very noticeable veins in arms, a few on chest, and have to pee every hour and a half to two and a half hours no matter what.
Well, its me, the author of the original post. 3 years later I run into this again and had to laugh. No, I wasn't pregnant. I don't know what it is with those CVS or any blue dye test, it's not a positive. I think the blue ink "spills over" into the result window and it looks positive even though it isn't. Pink tests don't do that. Just letting anyone else know in case they're wondering...what happened? And the lab test was negative also.